Start by marking “Ishmael and the Return of the Dugongs” as Want to Read:
Ishmael and the Return of the Dugongs

Ishmael and the Return of the Dugongs (Ishmael Leseur #2)

Scobie, Zorzotto, Prindabel, Kingsley and Leseur are back at St Daniel's for Year Ten. Ishmael is feeling confident that he is over the worst of Ishmael Leseur's syndrome and, with Barry Bagsley neutralised for the time being, is hoping for a smooth ride. Instead, it's a seriously gut-wrenching struggle against social humiliation on a scale undreamt of before when he and t ...more
Published 2007 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Ishmael and the Return of the Dugongs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ishmael and the Return of the Dugongs

Kevin Kim
Nov 24, 2011 Kevin Kim rated it it was amazing
Like the first book, they were funny. The bit that I can remember is when Ishmael went to Kelly Falkner's friend's party, Ishmael dropped yellow juice bottle in the pool when he was in it. Then those yellow juice came out and those people who were invited to that party thought he wee. He couldn't find the bottle and Ishamel and his friend, Orazio had to come back from party. I think people should read Ishmael series because it is not just fun, it has meanings in it. In the first book,the meaning ...more
Morningdew_C
Mar 12, 2014 Morningdew_C rated it it was amazing
It was a beautifully written book and sequel.
Jill Smith
Mar 15, 2014 Jill Smith rated it really liked it
This is the middle book of the Ishmael series.

Typical teenage boys just obsessed with getting the girls of their dreams, really over simplifies this brilliant book.

Again Ishmael is besotted with Kelly Faulkner whom he is certain thinks he's a total scum bag when his Ishmael Leseur's syndrome has caused him it's usual amount of humiliation and angst, while his best mate the Razzman seems unable to accept that Sally straight A's friend of Kelly's is keen on him. Their English teacher Miss Tarango
Julie
Sep 12, 2016 Julie rated it liked it
"Scobie, Zorzotto, Prindabel, Kingsley and Leseur are back at St Daniel's for Year Ten. Ishmael is feeling confident that he is over the worst of Ishmael Leseur's syndrome and, with Barry Bagsley neutralised for the time being, is hoping for a smooth ride. Instead, it's a seriously gut-wrenching struggle against social humiliation on a scale undreamt of before when he and the Razzman discover girls. His world is now seriously changed, and suddenly Ishmael needs a list to help him make a phone ca ...more
Megan G
Jul 30, 2014 Megan G rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: tweens maybe teens
Another great book from Michael Gerard Bauer. A sequel to don't call me Ishmael. You will blush so much on the stuff that happens to Ishmael. You are so going to laugh so much that will fall to the ground. I loved this book and i would and will read it over and over again( when I get my own copy)

Will Ishmael win Kelly's heart or will he break her heart.
Will the raz man( razza) hook up with Sally or not
Will scoby find a girl or will he not
Will the dugongs come back or will they stay broken up
Nipun
Mar 19, 2016 Nipun rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc
Definitely the funniest book I have ever read. All of the characters shone in their roles, and the book really had a feel of the typical schoolboy struggle while serving up joke after joke. The cover art is also really well put together, and I'm pretty bummed the author decided to go with the other version of the covers for the last book. Oh well.

All in all, Ishmael and the Return of the Dugongs is a brilliant, hilarious story that I guarantee you will reread countless times.
Andrew
Jul 17, 2015 Andrew rated it really liked it
After reading the first book, 'Don't Call Me Ishmael', I obviously had to get my hands on this book and read it. Eventually my mum decided to buy it for us and she read it also. We both enjoyed it a lot, it's just as good as the first book in the trilogy/series. I own the third book too but I haven't read it yet and I really need to. Or I could just re-read the first two and read the third book after-
Collins Wang
Jul 01, 2015 Collins Wang rated it really liked it
Dylan T
Jul 27, 2015 Dylan T rated it it was amazing
i really enjoyed this book, at the start it wasn't as enjoyable as the first one, but as i read on the book started to grow on me and the more that i wanted to read. i have really enjoyed all of these books so far because i can kind of relate to them. towards the end of the book i enjoyed it more than the first one.
Caroline M
Apr 11, 2016 Caroline M rated it it was amazing
I just love this series a lot. This book made me smile so much, even though I stayed up until 1 AM to read it and I usually feel like dying. Like, the characters are so cute and so moving, and the plot is just hilarious.

It's just a really cutesy middle school book that makes you laugh a lot, and that I sincerely needed.
Matthew Goldsmith
Jun 10, 2015 Matthew Goldsmith rated it really liked it
This is a great. I would not recommend anyone to read unless they have read the first book after that i would really recommend anyone to read it. It is a great carry on from the first book and because the first book was written at such a high standard this one had to follow up which it did perfectly. I can't wait to read the next one!
Shane Harcombe
Apr 29, 2015 Shane Harcombe rated it really liked it
A book that grew on me as I kept reading. To begin with, I wasn't enjoying it as much as "Don't Call Me Ishmael", but in the end the sweetness won me over. The characters have definitely moved out of middle-school and into raging-teenager-hormone territory - but I think that is exactly who it aimed at... A pleasant read I would recommend to any 14-16 yo.
Sylvia
Feb 18, 2008 Sylvia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
A very funny sequel to: Don't call me Ishmael. While Ishmael faces another year at St Daniel's, his father's old band reforming, and his teacher on a mission to teach love poetry, there's music and romance in the air. But can Ishmael win the heart of Kelly Faulkner?

Full of surprises and funny character (Razzman is da man), this book is a page-turner.
Marita
May 03, 2012 Marita rated it it was amazing
A most excellent school comedy which absolutely retains its authenticity. As the title suggests the most important theme in the book is the enduring value of friendship. Lots of silly capers as well, but never at the expense of the story or characterisation.
Jock Parsons
Jun 19, 2012 Jock Parsons rated it it was amazing
this book was really good
scobie comes back into the book
the go to kelly folkners partty and the littel girl spills yellow cordell in the water the every one thiknks it was ishmale that piedd himself
Anthony
Feb 01, 2015 Anthony rated it really liked it
More hilarity and cringe worthy moments (maybe because they're so relatable) in this novel. A wonderful story which transitions into something more mature than the last. A nice move and reflective of Ishmael's maturity.
Dimity Powell
Feb 08, 2012 Dimity Powell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-lit
There is only one thing which salves the hurt of finishing a Michael Gerard Bauer novel; that's knowing there's another in the series to read. But like savouring roast potatoes, I'm saving it for as long as possible. Absolute genius.
Nhu
Aug 24, 2010 Nhu rated it it was amazing
Hilarious- I loved it, even though at first i had my doubts because of the cover... the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" couldn't be truer.
Ally Murphy
Jun 27, 2016 Ally Murphy rated it did not like it
ICAN'T EVEN READ IT! IT WON'T LET ME!
Danny
Jun 26, 2012 Danny rated it it was ok
The book made me laugh out loud so evidently it's a good book.
Chloe
Mar 21, 2011 Chloe rated it it was amazing
This one even funnyer than the first one
Mrs. M
Aug 28, 2013 Mrs. M rated it really liked it
Loved this book read with Middle School students as it gives wonderful character portrayals of friends, enemies, and perseverance.
Anne Coad
Anne Coad rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014
Chiara Mazzali
Chiara Mazzali rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2012
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2013
Jutta
Jutta rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Pamela Reid
Pamela Reid rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Anne Weaver
Anne Weaver rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Darius Bell and the Glitter Pool (Darius Bell, #1)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 13
  • The Disappearance of Ember Crow (The Tribe #2)
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • Diamond Spirit (Diamond Spirit, #1)
  • The Forgotten Pearl
  • The Shadow Girl
  • The Ballad of Cauldron Bay (Stella Street, #3)
  • Noah's Law
  • Green Valentine
Michael Gerard Bauer was born in Brisbane. After surviving school, he attended the University of Queensland where he enjoyed the social life while making brief and half hearted appearances in a variety of courses.

These included Commercial / Law and Social Work where he quickly discovered he was neither lawyer nor social worker material. Finally, like everyone else who didn't have a clue what they
More about Michael Gerard Bauer...

Ishmael Leseur (3 books)