Start by marking “Pirates: Robbers of the High Seas” as Want to Read:
Pirates: Robbers of the High Seas

Pirates: Robbers of the High Seas

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Describes, in simple text and illustrations, the lives of pirates, the ships they sailed, and the type of treasure they stole.
Published September 1st 1993 by Little Brown and Company (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Pirates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pirates

Casey Lindstrom
Mar 29, 2012 Casey Lindstrom rated it really liked it
Shelves: eced-221
This was an interesting book with very elaborate illustrations. The book talked about the pirates and their ways of stealing treasures and robbing ships. It also goes on to talk about their treasures and where they were hidden and how people are still searching for them. At the end of the story it gives a list of famous pirates and their successes or failures.

The book is filled with factual information and includes dates an even names of pirates. The information was organized. It started with w
Heather
Aug 31, 2009 Heather rated it liked it
My boys love pirates. I don't so much. Don't get me wrong, they are fun, but most of the time books gloss over the fact that they were bloodthirsty murderers and plunderers. They didn't smell so hot and were not upstanding citizens of high morals. I don't know why we glorify them as we do. Getting off my soapbox now.

This was a fairly decent pirate book. It told what they did, and while not dwelling on the murdering per se, it did talk about the fact that they attacked and killed people for treas
Kara
A nonfiction book that is great to have in the classroom for young readers who may find interest in this topic and may spark their motivation to read.
Lacey
Feb 27, 2014 Lacey rated it really liked it
My husband read this book to our 2 month old daughter and she smiled as she heard his voice while looking at the colors. Very cool book!
Deborah
Aug 24, 2013 Deborah rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Some good sentences to use as patterns.
Paula
Jun 12, 2011 Paula rated it really liked it
Good non-fiction book about pirates
Colt
Colt rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
STEPHANIE
STEPHANIE marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Tiffany Bowen
Tiffany Bowen marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Heather Jo
Heather Jo rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Alen
Alen marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Megan Cain
Megan Cain rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Jane Mitchell
Jane Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Tabitha Rogers
Tabitha Rogers marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Stephanie Grimaldi
Stephanie Grimaldi rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Sf
Sf added it
Jul 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
From gailgibbons.com: I was born in Oak Park, Illinois, in 1944. Even as a little child, I was always busy putting books together. Sometimes I would bind them with yarn to hold the pages together. I've always loved drawing and painting. I was also a very curious child. My parents tell me that I was always asking lots and lots of questions.

Later, I went on to the University of Illinois, where I stu
More about Gail Gibbons...