Start by marking “Pirates: Robbers of the High Seas” as Want to Read:
Pirates: Robbers of the High Seas

Pirates: Robbers of the High Seas

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Full-color artwork and a simple text chronicle the world of the pirates, detailing the exploits of such famous villains as Captain Kidd and Blackbeard, their battles on the high seas, and their lives aboard ship.
Published September 1st 1993 by Little Brown and Company (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Pirates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pirates

Casey Lindstrom
This was an interesting book with very elaborate illustrations. The book talked about the pirates and their ways of stealing treasures and robbing ships. It also goes on to talk about their treasures and where they were hidden and how people are still searching for them. At the end of the story it gives a list of famous pirates and their successes or failures.

The book is filled with factual information and includes dates an even names of pirates. The information was organized. It started with w
Heather
My boys love pirates. I don't so much. Don't get me wrong, they are fun, but most of the time books gloss over the fact that they were bloodthirsty murderers and plunderers. They didn't smell so hot and were not upstanding citizens of high morals. I don't know why we glorify them as we do. Getting off my soapbox now.

This was a fairly decent pirate book. It told what they did, and while not dwelling on the murdering per se, it did talk about the fact that they attacked and killed people for treas
Kara
A nonfiction book that is great to have in the classroom for young readers who may find interest in this topic and may spark their motivation to read.
Lacey
My husband read this book to our 2 month old daughter and she smiled as she heard his voice while looking at the colors. Very cool book!
Deborah
Some good sentences to use as patterns.
Paula
Good non-fiction book about pirates
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Tabitha Rogers
Tabitha Rogers marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Mar 13, 2014
Blaine
Blaine added it
Dec 16, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Julie
Julie added it
Sep 25, 2013
Shalini Noronha
Shalini Noronha marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
From Seed to Plant The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree The Moon Book The Pumpkin Book Apples