Start by marking “The Knights of the Black Earth: A Mag Force 7 Novel” as Want to Read:
The Knights of the Black Earth: A Mag Force 7 Novel

The Knights of the Black Earth: A Mag Force 7 Novel (Mag Force 7 #1)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Xris, Mag Force 7's cyborg leader, burns with a personal vendetta against the traitor who made him part machine. Now, revenge is at hand. There's just one problem--the Knights of the Black Earth, a deadly fanatical group bent on assassinating the King and throwing the galaxy into chaos. Xris and Mag Force 7 must now join forces with the enemy to battle this devastating thr ...more
Published March 1st 1996 by Roc (first published May 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Knights of the Black Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knights of the Black Earth

Mary JL
Jan 18, 2012 Mary JL rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any Sf fan who doesn't mind a light read
Recommended to Mary JL by: Familiar with the series
Shelves: main-sf-fantasy
This a a straight, fun action novel. Plain old action science fiction--no deep philosophy, no tremendous insights. Just a pleasant well written action thriller. Just the thing to spend a pleasant evening or two reading when you are not in the mood for more serious SF. Not great literature--but it makes no pretense to be any other than an enjoyable story--which it is.

The Knights of the black Earth are basically a terrorist group bent on bringing back the good old days when Earth was Number One an
Dirk Grobbelaar
Is this Science Fiction or is this Futuristic Fantasy? Does it even matter? This novel graduated from the same school as everything Star Wars, as other reviewers have already mentioned. It's not exactly military sci-fi, but it isn't exactly anything else either. A Space Action novel then. I am sure this is the stage where many others will be pointing out that it's called Space Opera. It is. Only, I'm not convinced because this one has a different feel to it. There isn't a lot of thought given to ...more
Carol
It builds off Star of the Guardians, but has it's own quirky personality that'll have you chuckling. Raoul and the Little One make the book worth reading, hands down.
Lindsay
I probably shouldn't have enjoyed this...but I did.
Ransom
I know this is the first of the Mag Force 7 novels, but I read it last. (Found a copy of it last, if you're wondering why.) This novel fills in the gaps between Star of the Guardians and the rest of the Mag Force 7 novels. I always wondered how Xris got in his cyborg condition.

Raoul and the Little One are always a comical addition to this team. Tycho's translator adds some to that, as well. The rest are very serious through most of the book. Adds enough relief to the tension to bring this novel
Modi123
A lighthearted space romp in Weis's "Star of the Guardians" universe. A familiar crew of mercs go out on a revenge mission and then fall ass end into a plot to assassinate the king. Space hijinks ensue, folks are beat up, systems are hacked, and military shit is commandeered for the greater good. Nothing overly deep or philosophical, but just a fun read.
Kevin
Weis' Starfire series plagiarizes from Star Wars with impressive temerity, and this spin-off hasn't much to show for itself either. Characterizations are broad and occasionally nonsensical; the writing is so thin I might liken it to that of "Captain Underpants"; clearly this was a labor of love for nobody.
When I read this, I was at the age when I could be lured into the book by the promise of a hero with a robotic arm, but not so green as to be at all impressed by the result.
Shana
This book tells more about Xris the Cyborg and his backstory. Learn how Xris became a Cyborg. Join Xris and his team of commandos as they set out on a mission to avenge Xris and end up discovering a plot to assassinate the King!

This book shows more of Raoul, the Little One, and Harry. It also introduces several new characters. I really thought this book was awesome. I love a good science fiction adventure story.
Brent
I read it in jr. high and remember it being a little strange. A man who is half machine, that was the hook for me. There was also an assassin who was very concerned with his appearance. Way more concerned than any reality show woman could ever be.
Dad Bowers
Apr 22, 2011 Dad Bowers rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sci fi fans!
Mercenary squad in Sci-Fi universe seeking revenge on former member turns into preventing assignation of new king! Mercenaries made up of cyber men, geeks, a vane killer, & an unknown rascal! Good read in Aug. ’10 I'd like to read more of the series.
Jenniffer
I really liked this book. It's about a cyborg named Xris, the leader of one of the best mercenary groups in the galaxy, who has been searching a long time for his friend Dalin Rowan, only to find that he's not "himself" any more.
Gen
trashy and formulaic, but delicious.
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Dustin
Dustin marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Benjamin Bridges
Benjamin Bridges marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Simon
Simon added it
Jan 26, 2015
Barry Cook
Barry Cook marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Jean Gourd
Jean Gourd marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Roger
Roger marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
  • Thousandstar (Cluster, #4)
  • The Warmasters
  • The Ecolitan Enigma (Ecolitan Matter, #4)
  • The Galaxy Primes
  • Wizard World (Omnibus: Changeling / Madwand)
  • Exodus (Starfire, #5)
  • Beyond Varallan (Stardoc, #2)
  • Faeries (Magical Worlds of Fantasy)
  • The Ring of Charon (The Hunted Earth, #1)
  • The Changed Man
  • Tekgrrl (Elite Hands of Justice, #2)
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two para ...more
More about Margaret Weis...

Mag Force 7 (3 books)
  • Robot Blues
  • Hung Out
Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1) Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #3) Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2) Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #1) War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #2)