Start by marking “Be Anxious for Nothing” as Want to Read:
Be Anxious for Nothing

Be Anxious for Nothing

Outstanding Bible teacher and author, Joyce Meyer gives practical and powerful answers as she shares her past defeats with worry, frustration, and stress. Readers will discover the victorious principles that helped her to overcome these obstacles and revolutionize her life and ministry. In a humorous and insightful mariner, Be Anxious for Nothing shares the Biblical keys t ...more
Published June 1st 1998 by Harrison House (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Be Anxious for Nothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Anxious for Nothing

Jamise
Feb 28, 2013 Jamise rated it it was amazing
The title says it all!!! Joyce does a wonderful job giving the reader scriptures and guiding principles to arm themselves against fear, worry and doubt. Joyce shares her own personal roadmap and experiences that helped her overcome these obstacles and enabled her to cast all of her cares! This is a book that I reference often, timeless!
Tara
Jul 27, 2016 Tara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me by a dear friend right when I needed it most. I never thought of myself an anxious person, but I was (like most people) susceptible to moments of extreme worry and stress. It wasn't until I experienced an anxiety attack during a moment that I needed to be calm the most that I reconsidered how I looked at myself. I looked into some meditational exercises as well as thought about seeing a counselor to talk about my anxiety, but nothing seemed to speak to me like Joy ...more
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"Because the devil knows we are making progress toward our goal, he will try to distract us. He will continually tempt us to "take the road of worry" so he can lead us off into destruction." ~ Joyce Meyer, "Be Anxious for Nothing", page 118-119.

One of my goals is to overcome anxiety, stress and worry. I think this kind of spirit is very prevalent in the world we are currently living in. Every time you hear the news, worry is broadcast on it. Therefore, we require strategies, skills and technique
Gina
Jul 14, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book totally changed my life when I read it, back in 2008. I went from being a champion "worry wart" and someone who stressed over many things, to being a peaceful woman who has learned to totally trust in God, lay her troubles in His lap, and leave them there. This is a MUST read for every single Christian who struggles with worry and stressing over issues.
E'yen Gardner
Dec 16, 2009 E'yen Gardner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual-living
This book blessed me in a time when I was unsure about many things in life. I wanted to prosper but I wanted it now not later. This book help me to see that God has an appointed time for everything and that we can go to God with our cares and let Him handle everything.
Sabrina
This book has helped me so much! I am a huge fan of JM's practical advice and wisdom.
Marvel Kelley
Jul 20, 2014 Marvel Kelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thus far this book has moved me to think about my daily walk with God. It is powerful! I highly recommend this book to everyone who has ever felt anxious, constantly moving and doing, trying to make things work when the first thing we need to do is give ourselves to God! Finding peace and rest in Him. Great book!
Kimberly
Jun 27, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joyce Meyer not only gives great sermons, but also great books!
Her "here it is" approach is a breath of fresh air to me. I love how she approaches even the most hardest of topics, and naturally I find myself re-reading her books often.

Mirian
Jan 16, 2014 Mirian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I love all Joyce's books, but this one was the best I've read. Excellent teaching, I intend to reread it soon.
Carol
Aug 07, 2009 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
EXCELLENT book!! Great for anyone who suffers from anxiety and perfectionism!!
Olivia hernandez
Jan 25, 2009 Olivia hernandez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
another good one to calm the soul
Wyvonna
Jun 04, 2012 Wyvonna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: excellent-read
EXCELLENT READ
Katrin
Jul 13, 2016 Katrin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this book and had to put it down due to starting summer class. I am glad I finished it! Very good book! It is good for those who have anxiety and need God's comfort!
Denise
Jul 09, 2009 Denise marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Have need to read.
Shirley Thompson
Great help

This book helped me to stop worrying and to rely on God. I feel a lot calmer and know that the problem I am facing will be resolved
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Life
Eros-alegra
Simple, straightforward, I enjoy Meyer's down-to-earth approach when it comes to exploring scripture and spiritual journey.
Susan
Mar 17, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful with those suffering from anxiety and wanting help. It is clear, concise, and well worth the time to read. I feel like a new person!
Eliel Lopez
Nov 01, 2015 Eliel Lopez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An insightful and encouraging read.
Cindy
Jul 08, 2012 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book!! This gives you practical applications for the cares and worries of the day, and gives you HOW to lay your worries and cares before the Lord!
Linda
Jan 30, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Good book.
Lynnea
I'm took my time reading this book - lots of processing needed. Very good - lots of "lightbulb moments." I recommend this to everyone!
Caroline
This is a great book for those who need advise on handling anxiety and worry.

Another Joyce Meyer book filled biblical scriptures and her insightful personal antidotes.
Sunnycame
usual stuff and fluff. Not a fan of Joyce.
Yolanda Ramos
Jul 20, 2008 Yolanda Ramos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love Joyce Meyer. She's so practical and really knows how to speak the truth.
Donna
Sep 30, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book that I plan to go back and re-read at some point, perhaps this time taking notes. Each passion I would read came at just the right time.
Ladypoet Nfaith
Really opened up my awareness to areas I need to be patient with. Reminds me that God is in control.
Shawn
Feb 11, 2015 Shawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this needs to be read on a daily basis to strengthen our belief in having faith, finding peace, and knowing that this too shall pass...
Anabel
Aug 28, 2008 Anabel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really learned a few things from this book
Yenny
Dec 22, 2007 Yenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religi
Saya suka buku-buku Joyce Meyer, tapi suka buat dibaca aja, kalo prakteknya mah enggak lahhh...heuehhe..
Be anxious for nothing 1 3 Aug 07, 2013 09:02AM
  • The Blessing of the Lord: Makes Rich and He Adds No Sorrow with It
  • When You Need a Miracle: The Seven Secrets of Faith
  • Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence: The Secret of Peace and Happiness
  • Out Of Control And Loving It: Giving God Complete Control of Your Life
  • A Heart Like His: Seeking the Heart of God Through a Study of David - Member Book
  • God Took Me by the Hand: A Story of God's Unusual Providence
  • Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
  • Get Off Your Knees and Pray: A Woman's Guide to Life-Changing Prayer
  • Among Friends
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her more than 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through faith in Christ. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life® airs daily on hundre
More about Joyce Meyer...

“We can choose peace or trouble. We can choose to stay calm or to calm down if we start becoming agitated. Jesus also said, …In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer…For I have overcome the world… (John 16:33).” 2 likes
“Psalm 16:11 tells us in His presence is fullness of joy. If we have received Jesus as our Savior and Lord, He, the Prince of Peace lives inside us.” 2 likes