Start by marking “The Lodge of the Lynx (Adept #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lodge of the Lynx (Adept #2)

The Lodge of the Lynx (Adept #2)

Psychiatrist Adam Sinclair, also known as the Adept, leads his loyal Huntsmen against the Lodge of the Lynx--an unholy sect in possession of an ancient Druidic artifact endowed with unimaginable power.
Published June 1st 1992 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about The Lodge of the Lynx, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lodge of the Lynx

Carly
Feb 22, 2012 Carly rated it it was ok
More of the same. This is basically the same thing as watching a BBC show with people that would be otherwise insufferable.
Ronald D. .LEE
Excellent read; and in the future I will read it again. Ronald D. Lee
Josh
Aug 07, 2015 Josh rated it liked it
Upon a re-read, I'm kicking it down a star. (again, I'd like to half half-star capacity here! C'mon, Goodreads!)

These are fast reads, fun adventures that don't go terribly far into the psyche of the lead characters, for whom there aren't a lot of moral conflicts. These books deal much more in black & white than any shades of gray which is one of the things that keep them in the "fast and fairly light" category. The leads (Sinclair, McLeod, and Lovat) are capital "H" heroes, good guys to the
Gwen
Aug 12, 2014 Gwen rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, scotland
Slightly better than the first book in the series. Still want to shit in Sir Adam's boot.

Good: Actual female characters. (I was really disappointed that there were zero notable female characters in the first one, especially as it's written by two women.) The plot of this one didn't shatter my suspension of disbelief as much as the first one did. And it's always fun to read books set in Scotland while I'm actually living here and know exactly where they're talking about when they talk about the E
Lianne Burwell
Feb 22, 2013 Lianne Burwell rated it liked it
Shelves: reread, urban-fantasy
Having recently reread the first book in the Adept series, I immediately got the itch to reread the other books, so I pulled them out of the boxes they had migrated into (including the two hardcovers), and set them aside. I like reading in the bathtub, so if I am reading large books or ebooks, I used the second book in the series for the tub.

It's shortly after the machinations of the Lodge of the Lynx failed in their attempt to capture Michael Scott's spellbook, leaving his current incarnation,
Nancy Oakes
Sep 10, 2013 Nancy Oakes rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Adam Sinclair, Master of the Hunt, is back in a second adventure. Picking up immediately after the 1st installment in the series (The Adept), our friends are put on notice of the deeds of the dark side (The Lodge of the Lynx -- a very powerful enemy who have something not very pleasant in store for the world) when out of nowhere, a part of Balmoral Castle is blown up. The good guys, led by Sinclair, must try to stop whatever evil plans they have and round up as many allies as possible.

There are
Vivienne
Oct 25, 2012 Vivienne rated it really liked it
Tales of hunting lodges were all the vogue in the UK occult community during the 1980s and here Kurtz and Harris spin a credible tale of Sir Adam and his friends.

Again, this is a novel I read some years ago and so have had to made an educated guess as to when. I enjoyed all of the series that I read and would certainly recommend it to those interested in the subject. Kurtz is well versed in the history of the esoteric in the UK during the period and so writes with authority.
Maggie
Dec 02, 2015 Maggie rated it liked it
This is the second in the series and I am enjoying it. The intrigue and human story is fun to read and very enjoyable. I don't know why but I find these types of books are interesting in that they are all about the good vs. evil and yet they will go ahead and describe what the man was wearing at the time!! (My own little aside.)
Veronica
Feb 25, 2015 Veronica rated it it was ok
I really want to like these! But, I find reading this one was like trudging the trough mud. The authors go on for days about details that add nothing to the story, but make them sound up tight & "putting on airs." I have the 3rd one, but I don't know if I care about the final outcome. The authors haven't done anything to make me care about any of the characters!
Julia
Jan 29, 2012 Julia rated it liked it
Shelves: sf-fantasy
Continuing my reread of the Adept series. This one deals with some of the fallout of the previous book and introduces us to Adam's love interest. I wish we saw more of Ximena throughout the series. Also continues Kurtz's fascination with Hitler and the occcult.
Mark Whalley
Good character development - especially Peregrine. A bit annoying with all the produce placement references .. always referring to the brand of the car. Not sure the ending held totally together but still a good read. As with the first - good enough to make we want to read the next in the series.
Katharine Ott
May 12, 2016 Katharine Ott rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
"The Lodge of the Lynx" - written by Katherine Kurtz and published in 1992 by Ace. As enjoyable as the first in the series, with a stronger religious focus.
Cheryl
May 27, 2015 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Enjoyed a chance to reread this book and reacquaint myself with the characters and some of my favorite scenes from the series.
Kathryne
Aug 22, 2008 Kathryne rated it liked it
This is the second of a series about Templars
Andy Stowers
Andy Stowers rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2010
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
S Phibber
S Phibber rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2010
Janice Ziv
Janice Ziv rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2013
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2014
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2013
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2012
J.R. Kiefer
J.R. Kiefer rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Theresa Day
Theresa Day rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2013
Susan Landis-steward
Susan Landis-steward rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2011
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2012
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Jo Graham
Jo Graham rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2012
Dale Gifford
Dale Gifford rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2011
Bj Allen
Bj Allen rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2011
Joan Podleski
Joan Podleski rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2011
  • Amor Prohibido
  • The Goat-Foot God
  • Bride of the Rat God
  • The Wind from Hastings
  • Ars Magica
  • Connecting Flight (Turbulence, #4)
  • 100 Great Fantasy Short Short Stories
  • Jinx High (Diana Tregarde, #3)
  • Cloudbearer's Shadow (Sword in Exile, #1)
  • The Inheritor (Occult Tales, #2)
  • Legacy of the Sword (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #3)
  • Exiles of the Rynth (Irissa and Kendric #2)
  • Shimmering Splendor (Greek Myths, #2)
  • The Cardinal's Blades (The Cardinal's Blades #1)
19475
Katherine Kurtz is American fantasy novel writer. She is most known for her Deryni series. She currently lives in Virginia.
More about Katherine Kurtz...

Adept (5 books)
  • The Adept  (Adept #1)
  • The Templar Treasure (Adept #3)
  • Dagger Magic (Adept #4)
  • Death of an Adept (Adept, #5)