Start by marking “Icons: The DC Comics & Wildstorm Art of Jim Lee” as Want to Read:
Icons: The DC Comics & Wildstorm  Art of Jim Lee

Icons: The DC Comics & Wildstorm Art of Jim Lee

One of the most successful and popular artists to work in comics, Jim Lee is revered by fans worldwide thanks to his hyper-dynamic artwork and innovative character and costume design.

Now, his work on Batman and Superman — not to mention his legion of WildStorm heroes including WildC.A.T.s, Divine Right and Deathblow — is celebrated in this beautiful hardback, which include
Published November 2nd 2010 by Titan Books (first published August 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Icons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Icons

Chip'sBookBinge
Jun 24, 2011 Chip'sBookBinge rated it it was amazing

This book literally took a week to get through. There's just so much goodness to be found within the pages of Icons: The DC Comics & Wildstorm Art of Jim Lee that it will keep you glued to it. When I first heard about the book, in my mind I thought it was going to be some tiny book full of covers and pin-ups. Boy, was I ever wrong. When I finally had this in my hands, I was like a little kid opening up the biggest present on Christmas morning.

That's right. Biggest. This book is HUGE. I woul
David Edmonds
Jan 18, 2011 David Edmonds rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2011
A fantastic retrospective on arguably my favorite artist out there, Jim Lee, Icons is a beautifully presented volume covering Lee's time with Wildstorm and DC Comics. Including artwork that covers his entire career with both companies including sketches and art that I've never seen before, this really is the perfect book for any Jim Lee fan. The physical look of the book, too, from the shear size of the volume to the layout of the interior pages does nothing but add to the beauty of the book. I ...more
James
Jan 09, 2011 James rated it it was amazing
In my opinion this man is THE best penciler in all of comics. Fresh lines, exciting movement, and articulate nature drive me to draw more like him.
Parka
Dec 24, 2010 Parka rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art-books

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

2010 has seen some great comic artists with their art books getting published. There's Alex Ross, Joe Quesada, Adam Hughes and now Jim Lee. What a fantastic year!

Jim Lee's Icons is a bargain for the price. It's hardcover with 296 pages of amazing artwork printed on good paper. Just one look at the cover and you can tell that it's really good. Publisher Titan Books has done a very good job with the printing and construction.

The work collected spans Jim Lee's enti
Michael Alexander Henke
Dec 27, 2014 Michael Alexander Henke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art
This book is very aptly titled, because there are few comic artists as iconic as Jim Lee. As is illustrated in the title, this books covers his DC and Wildstorm art, so none of his X-Men stuff is included.
The book is broken into sections, and covers great stuff like Batman: Hush, and Superman: For Tomorrow. There's a good mix of pencils, inks, and finished pieces. Every piece of art has a bit info about it as well.
I wasn't completely familiar with Jim Lee's Wildstorm stuff, so that was nice to l
Leslie
Jan 05, 2011 Leslie rated it it was amazing
WOW! Icons: The DC Comics and Wildstorm Art of Jim Lee was a truly gorgeous book detailing Lee's early work including Wildcats then segueing into his DC art then onto his more recent stuff. Loads of full color images from his countless covers and other work, many of which include comments from the artist himself about his "process" for that particular piece. I especially liked the "work-in-progress" pages that showed Lee's original lines before they were colored and then the completed work right ...more
Jacobi
Dec 02, 2011 Jacobi rated it it was ok
There is nothing wrong with this art book, but I personally found it a little lacking. There wasn't much in the way of interesting information, and a lot of these images I've seen already. Also, I know this was DC and Wildstorm specific, but any book about Jim Lee's art that can't include his Marvel work feels incomplete.

It's easy to see why people are grooving on this book. I'm just not one of them.
Thomas Moudry
Mar 16, 2014 Thomas Moudry rated it really liked it
This is a nice overview of Jim Lee's post-Marvel artwork, and while there's not much here that hasn't been seen before, the pictures are awfully pretty. Is Lee my favorite comic book artist? Not by a long shot, but there's no denying his ability to draw superheroes posing like, well, superheroes.
Brian
Nov 10, 2010 Brian rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, media
a beautiful 'coffee table book' covering the career of Lee. Some of this artwork is stunning, and looks great even magnified to this larger format. I especially liked seeing some pages in progress....to witness the evolution of some of Lee's art from concept sketches to final product.
Richard
Nov 15, 2013 Richard rated it it was amazing
Check out Ep. 37: There's Pretty Girls in That One to get views on Icons and other comic art books from the Comicpop Crew. Here is the direct link to the episode http://comicpoplibrary.com/news/ep-37...
Chambers Stevens
Jul 10, 2013 Chambers Stevens rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I won this book at an auction.
And part of the prize for Jim Lee to draw a pic in the inside cover.
Jim is the nicest man.
He signed it to my little boy.
This book is priceless to me.
Hannah Piazza
Jan 02, 2012 Hannah Piazza rated it really liked it
Absolutely amazing artist. Would be nice to have some more comments by Jim Lee though.
paul rubio
paul rubio rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
John Nee
John Nee rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Evelyn Vasquez
Evelyn Vasquez rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2011
Joel Griswell
Joel Griswell rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Jorge
Jorge rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Arik Varden
Arik Varden rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2014
Aung Myat
Aung Myat rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2012
Coulter
Coulter rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2011
Trey Jackson
Trey Jackson rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2011
Wt
Wt rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Matt Sager
Oct 31, 2010 Matt Sager rated it it was amazing
Freakin' gorgeous.
Liang Song
Liang Song rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2016
Merida
Merida rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
Daniel Meneses
Daniel Meneses rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2012
J. Christopher
J. Christopher rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Gary Nealy, Jr.
Gary Nealy, Jr. rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Vannessa Rodriguez
Vannessa Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
  • Awakening: The Art of Halo 4
  • Watching the Watchmen: The Definitive Companion to the Ultimate Graphic Novel
  • The Art of Star Wars: Episode II—Attack of the Clones
  • Knights
  • Dane Curse (Black Cape Case Files, #1)

Jim Lee is a Korean-American comic book artist, creator and publisher. After graduating from Princeton, he decided to attempt illustrating comic books, and met with success. Lee's distinctive, crisply hatched line art style and rigid, idealized anatomical forms established
More about Jim Lee...