Start by marking “Rose of the Prophet Trilogy (Omnibus)” as Want to Read:
Rose of the Prophet Trilogy (Omnibus)

Rose of the Prophet Trilogy (Rose of the Prophet #1-3)

The world of Sularin is ruled by twenty gods, different in aspect but equal in power. But a war rages in the heavens, one that will affect the gods, the mortals, and the immortal beings who serve them both. Khardan, Calif of a horse-riding tribe, and Zhora, princess of a sheep-herding people, must put aside their own differences.
Published August 31st 2010 by Margaret Weis Productions (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Rose of the Prophet Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rose of the Prophet Trilogy

Jamie
Aug 03, 2008 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of 1,0001 Arabian Nights or romantic fantasy of any kind.
I am horribly and hopelessly biased on this book. Ignore everything I have to say about it.

Or don't.

Truth is, not only is Margaret my boss and both she and Tracy dear friends—but I was the one who fought to bring the Rose of the Prophet books back into print. I'm the publisher of this edition (which sports a new introduction by the authors and a brand-new Larry Elmore cover, I'm proud to say). But perhaps there is a reason that I wanted to make sure this book was available again, the reason bein
Ralph
Oct 24, 2013 Ralph rated it really liked it
I'm mixed about this book. The world and setting is amazingly realized. Familiar in all the right ways and yet fresh and vibrant. As one might expect given the authors...it is the absolute perfect RPG setting.

The story line was also solid. An epic tale of a war between gods and the handful of humans caught in between who can swing the outcome.

But the characters...oh...the characters. Sad sacks who are swept along by events from one rock to the next hardplace...sometimes by their own weakness, so
Eric
Dec 29, 2007 Eric rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy fans
A quality trilogy by the original authors of the Dragonlance series. Interesting and entertaining in that it brings together several different fantasy cultures - Bedouins and djinns with wizards and angels, etc.. A fun read when you're in the mood for something light.
Jeremy
Aug 16, 2009 Jeremy rated it really liked it
Success is achieved by the protagonist against seemingly overwhelming odds and the small good actions of some are critical to stopping the evil. Can't go wrong with that outline.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
a great series with strong female role characters
Saral
Jul 26, 2009 Saral rated it it was amazing
A must read for all the fantasy lovers!!!!!
Mary
Jun 03, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
Very much enjoyed this book. It's one to read more for the world and setting than the characters though. While they are interesting characters, their development - what there is of it - doesn't come very smoothly or naturally. In part, I feel that is due to this wold they are in. So much happens due to the influence of the gods and their immortals. That does take a certain amount of agency away from the characters themselves.

Still, even where the gods don't seem directly involved, characters de
Marcelis
May 19, 2012 Marcelis rated it really liked it
It has been a while since I read this series, but when a good friend asks for a fantasy series to read, this one seems to exchange hands. It doesn't carry the same weight as the new generation of fantasy stories, and the characters don't quite have enough depth to connect with you, but the setting and the atmosphere that Weis weaves is very enjoyable.

Simkine
Jan 03, 2010 Simkine rated it it was amazing
Written back when fantasy novels could be light, short and fun. These days, it seems fantasy is dark, gloomy, door-stoppers that never seem to conclude.

One of my personal favorites to read every couple years. A guilty pleasure maybe but it's such a fun read. I'd recommend it as a YA fantasy pick.
Alan Berkson
Jul 07, 2015 Alan Berkson rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorite fantasy series. I had dinner with Weis and Hickman years ago at GenCon and they make a great team in terms of in-depth character development and world building, respectively. While they are best know for their Dragonlance series, this series is thoroughly enjoyable and light summer reading.
Krista
Jul 08, 2010 Krista rated it it was ok
This trilogy was slow taking off and had a very unsatisfying ending. It's almost as if the author got tired of writing and just abruptly ended the book, without answering many of the lingering questions.
Paul
Jul 12, 2014 Paul rated it it was amazing
9/10

Weis and Hickman's best work in my opinion. Inventive, plays with a pantheon too with the exotic touch of the Arabian tales.

Wasn't cliched D&D type of work. Quite moving and incredibly gripping. The world creation here is intoxicating.
Kathy
Jun 15, 2016 Kathy rated it it was amazing
I've read this series 3 times and have throughly enjoyed it.

The genies were absolutely hilarious.

A must read for any fantasy readers. Thoroughly recommend this series.

Light, funny and entertaining with loads of adventures and mishaps. Never a dull moment.
Gary Greysonet
Apr 18, 2012 Gary Greysonet rated it it was amazing
Loved the feel of these books, such a great adventure. This is possible my favorite series from Weis/Hickman. Perhaps it's the Middle Eastern environment, which lends the story a highly immersive backdrop. The treatment of magic is one of the best I've ever seen in fantasy, too.
Nigel Barr
Dec 19, 2011 Nigel Barr rated it liked it
Although I read this as an omnibus, and I never read it when it first came out, I was a little disappointed at its progression. I felt I had to drag myself through the book. Sad considering how much I love their work.
Erotic Horizon
Weis Hickmans Rose of the Prophet Trilog (Weis Fiction) by Margaret Weis (2006)
P. Rico
Feb 11, 2009 P. Rico rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I really liked this series. I liked how it went for a Middle Eastern flavor rather than the usual European.
Erick Cordero giorgana
Jul 26, 2014 Erick Cordero giorgana rated it it was amazing
I have read dozens of books by these folks and this partucal trilogy is one of their best. thrillling, fun. adventorous, epic. you will find it all here.
Gustavo Quintana
Dec 21, 2013 Gustavo Quintana rated it it was amazing
Great!
Karen
May 22, 2015 Karen added it
I liked this, despite a kind of departure from the usual sword and sorcery that the duo of author are commonly known for. It's fast-paced reading but fun
Travis P
Feb 28, 2015 Travis P rated it it was amazing
Wise an Hickman are my favorite authors of all time. And the rose of the Prophet will not disappoint. just as good If Not Better than all their other stuff.
Robbie
Robbie rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2012
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
May 27, 2013
Carol Bergeron
Carol Bergeron rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2012
David Spake
David Spake rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2011
infael
infael rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2012
Erik Wennstrom
Erik Wennstrom rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2010
Lisa Mahin
Lisa Mahin rated it really liked it
May 15, 2013
  • The Sundering (The Sundering, #1-2)
  • Godslayer / Shadow Climber / Dragonrank Master (Bifrost Guardians, #1-3)
  • Mystic Empire (The Bronze Canticles, #3)
  • Sorcerer's Moon (Boreal Moon, #3)
  • Night Arrant (Greyhawk: Gord the Rogue, #2)
  • Empire of Blood (Dragonlance: The Minotaur Wars, #3)
  • The Stone Fey
  • The Final Sacrifice (The Chronicles of Josan, #3)
  • The Dragon Quintet
  • Flights: Extreme Visions of Fantasy
  • Magician: Apprentice, Volume 2
  • Dark Faith: Invocations
  • Heir of Kayolin (Dragonlance: Dwarf Home, #2)
  • Widdershins
  • The Ring
  • The Kundalini Equation
  • Anonymous Rex / Casual Rex
  • Another Bloody Love Letter
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two para ...more
More about Margaret Weis...

Rose of the Prophet (3 books)
  • The Will of the Wanderer (Rose of the Prophet, #1)
  • The Paladin of the Night (Rose of the Prophet, #2)
  • The Prophet of Akhran (Rose of the Prophet, #3)