Start by marking “Peek-a-Pet!” as Want to Read:
Peek-a-Pet!

Peek-a-Pet!

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  10 reviews
With its oversize flaps and bright, bold illustrations, this follow-up to the highly successful Peek-a-Zoo! is sure to be a hit with young readers. On every page, kids play peek-a-boo with different pets. Each animal sound becomes part of the game: Guess who? "Peek-a-woof!" says the dog. Sweet and funny, this book will bring many hours of fun.

Published October 21st 2004 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Peek-a-Pet!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peek-a-Pet!

Heidi
I love Cimarusti's lift-the-flap books for the toddler crowd. Since that's what I usually get for movement, I grabbed this today. The reading doesn't flow as much as the regular Peek-a-Boo book. But this works. And the pets went along with the Barnyard Dance we'd done earlier. Plus, the kids don't get if the text/rhyming doesn't flow--not at that age, yet.
Once you've seen one book from this series, you've basically seen them all, but they're perfect for a toddler storytime. The very bright colors and simple illustrations match perfectly with the repetitive text that's filled with animal noises. It worked fine for baby storytime, but I could see how much better it would work with the toddlers. The babies really liked the peek-a-boo aspect, but part of the fun is guessing the animal noises and they're obviously not quite ready for that.

Used for A P
Ashley
I picked out this book and 2 others by this author because it reminded me of another author my daughter and I had read and enjoyed. This was the best of 3 books.
Kristi
A book that plays peek-a-boo! It simply doesn't get much better than this! As a bonus there's a great lesson in animal sounds. Fun!
Vivian
I love all of Cimarusti's "Peek-a- " books. They are always hits in our library story times for pre-school age children.
Allison
Various pets play peek-a-boo. At this point. i don't think I need ever read another book about this particular game again.
Sara
September 2012. The peek-a-boo flaps made Hattie laugh.
Dana
Dec 26, 2014 Dana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Consistent with the series; great for toddlers!
Mckinley
Interactive. Could "play" all day.
Annie
Great fun to read aloud in groups!
J-ma
J-ma added it
Dec 12, 2014
Yuko Ikuma
Yuko Ikuma marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Marko Mehner
Marko Mehner marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Gy Sheen
Gy Sheen marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Feb 14, 2014
Karyn
Karyn added it
Dec 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Peek-a-Moo! Peek-a-Zoo! Peek-a-Boooo! Peek-A-Choo-Choo! Peek-a-Bloom!