Start by marking “The LaSalle Street Murders” as Want to Read:
The LaSalle Street Murders

The LaSalle Street Murders

Carol "Schultz" Sissom has hunted down some of the most brutal killers in the Midwest. Working undercover for the police, this single mother and freelance investigative reporter goes where the FBI, the CIA and the FEDS can't - and she never quits until she captures her man - the REAL LaSalle Street Killer.

In this dynamic story Sissom tells about her dangerous five-year ord
Published June 1st 2006 by Novel Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about The LaSalle Street Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The LaSalle Street Murders

Terri
May 11, 2016 Terri rated it did not like it
I can understand the author's fascination with the case and her interest in investigating it. That said, her investigation was highly flawed and her reporting very unprofessional. She says upfront the book is about her and her experience talking with the man she identified as the killer. The thing is, she had a very weird relationship with him which she says was to draw him out and get more information and maybe a confession from him. She repeatedly lambastes the DA for not prosecuting but from ...more
SouthWestZippy
Mar 07, 2016 SouthWestZippy rated it did not like it
This book has a little bit of a True Crime Story in it. It is hiding between the me me me, look at me, look what I did, oh I am so hot going to make this man want me so I can convict him stories. Lots of flaws in her version case, has a great imagination and lacks self control on staying with the story. Lots of picture of herself, some are clam shots and others are look at me I am a serious investigator shots. Don't waste you money or time with this book.
Jessi
Jul 27, 2011 Jessi rated it did not like it
Shelves: crime, death
Interesting premise but quite painful to read. For a writer who showed such promise at an early age and won awards, the typos and overuse of exclamation points really took away her credibility. She really should have stuck with reporting instead of trying to write a dramatic autobiography.
Corky
Sep 12, 2010 Corky rated it it was ok
Detailed account of how one of Indianapolis' biggest murder cases, the 1971 LaSalle Street Murders, was solved by a local reporter.
Mary Dailey-hanna
Feb 12, 2016 Mary Dailey-hanna rated it did not like it
Reminded me of a Lifetime movie. I was annoyed about how she would go into detail about her meals and the way she described her blue and yellow bathroom.
Natalie
Natalie rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2011
♥☆~Lakshmi
♥☆~Lakshmi rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2009
Mae
Mae rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2011
Breanne Elbracht
Breanne Elbracht rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2013
Veronica Fritsch
Veronica Fritsch rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Brenda
Jan 01, 2014 Brenda rated it really liked it
Interesting to me because it was a crime that occured in Indy, where I live.
Robert Harold
Robert Harold rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Robyn Antico
Robyn Antico rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2009
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Dana
Dana added it
Jan 11, 2016
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016