Start by marking “The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook

The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  344 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A homespun, authentic collection of Amish recipes collected over the years by Beverly Lewis. Many are from her grandmother and other family members as well as dear friends from the Amish world she writes about with such power and authenticity. Now she lovingly shares these with her millions of readers who have come to treasure her ctional insights into Amish life. The addi ...more
Spiral-bound, Large Print, 301 pages
Published 2004 by Bethany House

To ask other readers questions about The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook

Dec 16, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
The book starts with two sisters who had left the Amish faith and became what is called “Englisher” one sister Tilly had married but the other sister Ruth has not made a commitment having not given up on her failed courtship with a young Amish boy. The years have passed and their brother contacted them to come and celebrate their parent’s anniversary. Coming back home many times means shuffling around the held baggage and this was the case for the two sisters. Tilley had never felt she was a mem ...more
Diane
Nov 04, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing
After reading a few of Beverly Lewis' books, I wanted to look up some of the recipes she talks about in her books. Lo and behold, she has already come out with an Amish cookbook, contributed to by many different Amish people. I sat down and read through most of the recipes and I look forward to trying out quite a few. Especially the soups/stews and desserts!
Wanda
Nov 25, 2014 Wanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
These delicious recipes will help you put good wholesome meals on the table without a lot of fuss - so easy to prepare. The recipes are organized by category, making it easy to find your favorite mouth watering recipes.

I've been using this cookbook for about 2 months and already have a few favorites:
Pumpkin Bread - The best I've ever eaten.
Morning Glory Muffins - Makes a lot of muffins and the extra batter will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
Amish Meat Loaf - Just superb!

If you enjo
Julie
Jan 26, 2015 Julie rated it did not like it
Overall, I was disappointed. Having read the Abram's Daughters series, I was very interested in the recipes because the food always sounded so good. Blueberry Pie - use 2 cans of canned blueberry pie filling. What? Not what I was expecting.
Teresa
Jan 02, 2016 Teresa rated it it was amazing
I love the insights into Amish life as well as the recipes. It's going to be a fun challenge trying to make some of these foods!
I didn't post a finished date because this will be an ongoing resource for me.
Gretchen Cochran
Aug 31, 2014 Gretchen Cochran rated it really liked it
LOVE it. I cook out of it all the time!
Cathy
Dec 31, 2010 Cathy rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Cathy by: Beverly Lewis's talent persuaded me to buy it
Not thrilled with this cookbook. I expected it to share the recipes from each book in the series and it really didn't. There are lots of good recipes, don't get me wrong. But I really wanted the ones I was reading about with no embellishments.
Heather
Aug 29, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
I love this author anyway. Was so glad to finely get my hands on this cookbook. Love recipes that have been handed down! Comfort food at it's finest, just in time for fall!
Ashley
Jan 31, 2008 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-bookshelf
I got this Amish cookbook after falling in love with Beverly Lewis's stories of the Amish.

I couldn't wait to start cooking. There are some wonderful recipes in this book.
Ang
May 13, 2008 Ang rated it liked it
After reading all about the Amish it was fun to get the cookbook and look through the recipes they talk about. I recently made hush puppies from the cookbook and they were great!
Kristin
Jun 20, 2011 Kristin rated it it was amazing
I just received this book as a gift. I am so excited. I will have to give updated reports later once I start reading it and using it:-)
Toby
Jan 26, 2009 Toby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I use this cookbook every week. It holds our favorite dinners and treats.
Thea
Thea added it
Jul 20, 2016
Jennifer Newman
Jennifer Newman rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Rodney
Rodney marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Thomas Stark
Thomas Stark marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Elaine Tuten
Elaine Tuten rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Glenda  Christie
Glenda Christie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Kim Dockery
Kim Dockery rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Tole Wilson
Tole Wilson marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Noel
Noel added it
Jun 09, 2016
Connie Andres
Connie Andres marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
  • Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Cookbook
  • Cooking from Quilt Country : Hearty Recipes from Amish and Mennonite Kitchens
  • The Amish Cook: Recollections and Recipes from an Old Order Amish Family
  • Amish Society
  • The Riddle of Amish Culture
  • The Sound of Sleigh Bells (Apple Ridge #1)
  • Ella Finds Love Again (Little Valley #3)
  • Amish Women
  • Roasting-A Simple Art
  • The Red Geranium
  • Broken English (Ohio Amish Mystery, #2)
  • A Stranger's Wish (Amish Farm Trilogy, #1)
  • Special Dinners for Two
  • Spring's Renewal (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #2)
  • Frugal Gourmet Cooks with Wine

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best
More about Beverly Lewis...