Start by marking “Little Cottontail (Little Golden Storybook)” as Want to Read:
Little Cottontail (Little Golden Storybook)

Little Cottontail (Little Golden Storybook)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
A little cottontail rabbit, barely out of his nest, is anxious to grow up. But he must first learn from his mother all the important things a little rabbit needs to know. Most importantly, he must learn how to watch out for foxes. When a fox suddenly appears, Little Cottontail quickly discovers that he has learned all his lessons well.
Published January 5th 1998 by Golden Books (first published 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Little Cottontail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Cottontail

Cathy Cramer
One of my children wanted to read a Mother's Day book and this was one of very few we own. I like that in this story, the mother rabbit teaches the Little Cottontail how to survive and take care of himself before he can be considered a grownup. The idea of teaching children how to live is very important and reaches to the core of mothering. I like that this book teaches kids that there's things they have to know as they grow up. They don't just get bigger. They get more capable, responsible, and ...more
Jennifer Heise
I loved this book as a child and still love it; my first grader is so-so about it but will let me read it to him.
Siskiyou-Suzy
This book is fantastic. A little bunny is excited to grow up but his mother reminds him of all the things he must know. He listens carefully and tries to be patient and then the most important lesson of all, how to avoid foxes, ends up being put to the test. Little Cottontail did learn his lessons and proves that he is ready to be a grown-up bunny. It's a little book full of sweet virtues, just perfect for little ears and eyes.
Ellice
A Little Golden Book from my youth, re-read as an adult. I can understand why this one is still in print--cute bunny illustrations and a nice family-centered moral. Even a bit of tension at its peak!
Marya
Feb 17, 2008 Marya rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This has a totally cute, fuzzy little baby bunny in it. I swear the illustrations are as darling as the real thing. Only those who prefer foxes might object to this book.
Maverick
Apr 06, 2011 Maverick rated it really liked it
1960 Edition
Brenda Jones
Brenda Jones marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Bradley
Bradley marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
The Bougie Twins
The Bougie Twins rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Youth Of Malawi
Youth Of Malawi marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Taufiq Awaludin
Taufiq Awaludin marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Audra
Audra added it
Jan 30, 2016
Cle'Wanda Austin
Cle'Wanda Austin marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Ivan
Ivan added it
Jul 16, 2015
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2015