Start by marking “Vera's New School” as Want to Read:
Vera's New School

Vera's New School

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Join Vera on her first day at a new school--jitters and all!

When Vera's family moves to a new home, Vera must change schools. On the first morning, Vera has butterflies in her tummy--it's hard to fit in, and Vera misses her old school and friends. But that afternoon a special guest visits--Jungle Larry and his wild animals--and Vera has an unforgettable experience that lea
Published July 25th 2006 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Vera's New School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vera's New School

Holly Ross
A quirky little children's book, this must certainly be an autobiographical work by the author. Not only does the dedication on the last page allude to a real life version of the secondary character, but the sheer randomness of events in the book lends itself to a string of truth-is-stranger-than-fiction happenings that take place in this story. It doesn't wrap up all nice and neat which is refreshing and much more true to life than most children's stories.
Penny
Apparently based on the author's childhood experiences, but I just found myself puzzled as to why incidents were included in the book. A baby duck eats dry cement in the garage and dies? My daughters and I laughed at the sheer absurdity, but I wonder how the author was expecting the audience to react to the cute little duck with its little webbed feet in the air.
Kerri Harshaw
This is a cute and silly books for younger students to read when they get to a new school. Although some days may seem the worst, just finding a friend can help turn the whole day around. This is a good book to teach children not to keep their heads down and give up, because something new and wonderful might be right around the corner!
Linda Starr
I wasn't into the book at first. Then it touched me the worse her day got and finally being eaten by ants. It was a great story about how it can get better and making new friends.
Harpreet
Harpreet marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Corwin
Corwin added it
Jan 25, 2013
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2008
Vera's Halloween Vera Rides a Bike The Growing-Up Tree Who is in the Garden? Vera's First Day of School