Start by marking “I'm Sorry” as Want to Read:
I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

I have a friend I love the best.

Having a best friend makes life so much better. But even best friends fight, and when that happens, "I'm sorry" is the hardest thing to say.

From internationally acclaimed author Sam McBratney and award-winning illustrator Jennifer Eachus comes a sensitive picture book that will strike a chord with every child who has quarreled with a friend.
Published May 3rd 2000 by HarperCollins (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Sorry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Sorry

fatemeh  motahari
خیلی خوب شروع کرد و موضوع رو برای بچه ها باز کرد، ولی آخرش خیلی سریع تموم شد!
مخصوصا برای خواهرزاده های من که دختر و پسر هستن حس همدات پنداری ایجاد کرد ولی پایانش میتونست بهتر باشه
Sajeda Assenjee
Dec 19, 2011 Sajeda Assenjee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This lovely book describes the beautiful friendship shared by a little boy and girl. It describes how they play with each other and the different activities they enjoy. However like most things in life this is not to last and results in them having a fight. Each one tells us how they feel and how difficult it is for them to say I’m Sorry. The pictures are exquisitely drawn.
Kathleen Pine
The story is of two best friends who love each other. They play together and spend a lot of time with one and other. Then they yell at each other and get in a fight and do not talk. We learn that when friends fight sometimes apologizing is hard to do. Eventually the characters learn the importance of saying "I'm sorry" and work to make things better.

This story teaches children the about conflict resolution, forgiveness and demonstrates empathy. The pictures in the book help bring it to life as
Lynley
I find Guess How Much I Love You too schmaltzy but this is good.
Darla
Jun 30, 2014 Darla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read with You're Not My Best Friend Anymore.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
A young boy and girl are best friends. They play with each other every day. And they always laugh and have fun but one day they shout at each other...can they still be friends?

The subtle rhythm of the text makes this a great choice for a read aloud. The colors and illustrations correspond with the overall tone of the book. Children will be able to relate to the emotions and feelings of shouting/arguing with a friend.
Cana
May 05, 2009 Cana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mommy says: Oh so sweet! Perfect for the preschool set who are learning about disagreeing with their best friends and making up again. The illustrations are exquisite.
Laurie
May 15, 2009 Laurie added it
Shelves: fiction, childrens
Beautiful illustrations! A story about best friends. They have a fight, but then realize they just need to say sorry and everything will be fine. Very simple.
Joy
Aug 09, 2013 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Soft illustrations, will use this story on Sunday to teach 3 & 4 year old children in church that sometimes they need to say I'm sorry.
Andrea
This is a simple book about friends who get in a fight and how it makes them feel. A book about saying sorry.
Desiree
Apr 10, 2010 Desiree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Good book for toddlers/Preschools on what happens when you fight with friends and how to makeup.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Kelly Hong
Kelly Hong marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
DRE
DRE marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Kelly Steggeman
Kelly Steggeman marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
OBP Books
OBP Books marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Jane
Jane added it
Jul 11, 2016
Rivers
Rivers rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Maeve
Maeve marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Courtenay
Courtenay rated it liked it
May 26, 2016
Nerea
Nerea marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Arelys
Arelys marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
MrBookWorm
MrBookWorm marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Anouska Stacey
Anouska Stacey marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Melanie Rightmyer
Melanie Rightmyer rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Northern Ireland native started writing children's books when he was a teacher in his thirties, with the aim of helping out students who had trouble reading. But he continued writing for a more-personal reason: "the act of imagining simply makes me feel good," he says. The fifty-seventh book of Sam McBratney's career, and his first book with Candlewick Press, was the much-loved GUESS HOW MUCH ...more
More about Sam McBratney...