I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  10 reviews
I have a friend I love the best.

Having a best friend makes life so much better. But even best friends fight, and when that happens, "I'm sorry" is the hardest thing to say.

From internationally acclaimed author Sam McBratney and award-winning illustrator Jennifer Eachus comes a sensitive picture book that will strike a chord with every child who has quarreled with a friend.
Published May 3rd 2000 by HarperCollins (first published 2000)

Sajeda Assenjee
This lovely book describes the beautiful friendship shared by a little boy and girl. It describes how they play with each other and the different activities they enjoy. However like most things in life this is not to last and results in them having a fight. Each one tells us how they feel and how difficult it is for them to say I’m Sorry. The pictures are exquisitely drawn.
Kathleen Pine
The story is of two best friends who love each other. They play together and spend a lot of time with one and other. Then they yell at each other and get in a fight and do not talk. We learn that when friends fight sometimes apologizing is hard to do. Eventually the characters learn the importance of saying "I'm sorry" and work to make things better.

This story teaches children the about conflict resolution, forgiveness and demonstrates empathy. The pictures in the book help bring it to life as...more
Darla
Read with You're Not My Best Friend Anymore.
Randie
A young boy and girl are best friends. They play with each other every day. And they always laugh and have fun but one day they shout at each other...can they still be friends?

The subtle rhythm of the text makes this a great choice for a read aloud. The colors and illustrations correspond with the overall tone of the book. Children will be able to relate to the emotions and feelings of shouting/arguing with a friend.
Cana
Mommy says: Oh so sweet! Perfect for the preschool set who are learning about disagreeing with their best friends and making up again. The illustrations are exquisite.
Laurie
May 15, 2009 Laurie added it
Shelves: childrens, fiction
Beautiful illustrations! A story about best friends. They have a fight, but then realize they just need to say sorry and everything will be fine. Very simple.
Joy
Soft illustrations, will use this story on Sunday to teach 3 & 4 year old children in church that sometimes they need to say I'm sorry.
Andrea
This is a simple book about friends who get in a fight and how it makes them feel. A book about saying sorry.
Desiree
Good book for toddlers/Preschools on what happens when you fight with friends and how to makeup.
Lori
Lori added it
May 18, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Aldene
Aldene marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Qinger Peng
Qinger Peng marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Aina_zain
Aina_zain marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Erin Michelle
Erin Michelle marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Sunil More
Sunil More marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2013
Lileya
Lileya marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Northern Ireland native started writing children's books when he was a teacher in his thirties, with the aim of helping out students who had trouble reading. But he continued writing for a more-personal reason: "the act of imagining simply makes me feel good," he says. The fifty-seventh book of Sam McBratney's career, and his first book with Candlewick Press, was the much-loved GUESS HOW MUCH...more
More about Sam McBratney...
Guess How Much I Love You You're All My Favorites I Love It When You Smile Yes We Can! When I'm Big: A Guess How Much I Love You Storybook