Slightly Suburban (Slightly, #5)

Slightly Suburban (Slightly #5)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  566 ratings  ·  46 reviews
It seemed exciting at first, but after two and a half years in New York, Tracey has to admit her life…well, sucks. Sure, she makes a decent living as a copywriter, but Blaire Barnett Advertising is a cutthroat world that basically swallows her life. If she does manage to get home before nine, she's usually greeted by husband Jack's best bud, an almost�permanent fixture in...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Red Dress Ink

Slightly Single by Wendy MarkhamSee Jane Date by Melissa SenateMilkrun by Sarah MlynowskiScot On The Rocks by Brenda JanowitzSorcery and the Single Girl by Mindy Klasky
Best Red Dress Ink Books
25th out of 110 books — 17 voters
We Wove a Web in Childhood by Ruth  ThomasAlbion Imperilled by Ruth  ThomasInferno by Dan BrownMythago Wood by Robert HoldstockSacred Stone by Clive Cussler
My 2014 Reading list!
24th out of 49 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Ellenjsmellen
This is my first Slightly book by Markham and I'm a little bummed that I missed Slightly Married. I liked where this was going, but the last 30 pages where blech. I might give her another try though.
Stacy
Gena
couldn't get into this book.
Anna
Jan 10, 2009 Anna rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
Slightly Suburban is part of a series of books focusing on a woman named Tracey. In this book, she is married and living in an apartment in NYC and wanting to move out to the suburbs. It was an ok book but I thought the previous ones were better. I feel like it would have been better if this book focused more on the move to the suburbs and the transition between living in NYC and the suburbs and dealing with still being able to see your friends, etc. Instead, most of this book was her realizing...more
Dawn
This was a cute tale. Turns out the author has written a few other books before this one, all centering on the same character.

The good news is that you don't have to read the previous novels to read this one. You can just jump in and not feel like you've missed anything.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. The relationship between the two main characters is believable and the events of their lives are events that are pretty typical of many young-ish newlyweds who branch out to the suburbs.

I am actua...more
Vicki
This is seriously THE BEST SERIES I have ever read! I highly recommend it to everyone! I love the characters, especially Tracey. I could relate to her on so many levels it was scary, at some points I was convinced author Wendy Markham had somehow gotten into my brain and wrote about my life! I breezed through the book and was eager to start the next, and the next - by the time Suburban ended I was so sad to have to say goodbye to the storyline and characters! I still say there needs to be a fina...more
Denise
A cute book, and the author definitely left it open to add to the series. I was a little sad that many of the other characters in the series that I came to really like (Buckley, Raphael, for instance) played a much smaller role in this story than in past books. But as Tracey points out, that's what happens: people grow up and move on. When you think that this will eventually happen in our own lives, the book got a little depressing, but overall, an enjoyable enough read.
Angie
I really enjoyed this series. This book wasn't as fun as the others because the life event was buying a home in the suburbs as opposed to getting engaged or married. I love the main character and her wacky family though. Also, the book ended with her finding out she's pregnant so I'm hoping for a sequel eventually. Fun and quick read. Very funny.
Stephanie
I loved Slightly Suburban. It seemed a little more "hey this could really happen" than some of the previous books which was really nice. It seems like she left room for a final book which would be pretty cool. I'd like to see a little more closure with all of the characters.
Jessica
After being slightly disappointed by Slightly Engaged and Slightly Married, I was happy with Slightly Suburban. The story was cute, and not nearly as whiny as the last two. I believe this is the last book in the series, but I would read more if the author wrote them.
Terrie
Meh. For a desperate "I have nothing to read" purchase at Target, it was OK. The last chapter wrapped everything up too neatly and some of the main plot points never went anywhere. Still, I may be compelled to go back and read the earlier ones in the series.
Melgogs
Jul 31, 2008 Melgogs rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: chick lit fans
I was able to finish this book in one day. Just like the other slightly books, Markham brings her characters to life and creates a wonderful reading experience. I throughly enjoy reading Markhams books and look forward to more books in this series.
Melea Rose-Waters
Cute, fun chick-lit. Nothing earth shattering, but not disappointed that I read it. And, I always feel a little triumph when I finish a book in about 24 hours. It was an easy read, and enjoyable.

Aimee
A fun and easy read. Not as good as Slightly Settled, but still had some great laugh at loud moments. The main character did start to get on my nerves in this one, but not so much I stopped reading.
Amanda Carmichael
i like this press because they publish cute, easy read stories that are not smutty...and this one was pretty well written. not a bad choice to chase a serious book with :)
Holly Jenkins
This was a cute, easy-read - but nothing to write home about. Maybe I would've enjoyed more if I were back in the newly-married, without-children, house-buying stage.
Lindsay
Super bargain at one of the Borders going out of business. I didn't realize when I bought this that it's part of a series, but hoping I can follow the story anyway!
Taksony
I kept waiting for this book to get better. I felt like it was missing something, like I kept waiting for something to happen.
It was hard to finish.
Cari
i wished that i had read to see that this was about book 4 in a series because it would have been much more enjoyable to have started at the beginning.
Catherine
This wasn't as good as her other books in this series. But, it was a fun, fast read. Definitely read all the other books in the series first.
Lisa
Another good one! I like the way it ended, and i'm pretty sure this is the end of the series. Cute.. I love happy endings in love stories :)
Carol
A good entry in the 'Slightly' series. I wished for more of the novel to have actually taken place once Tracy and Jack moved to the suburbs though.
Darlene Rae
I was expecting fluff, I wasn't expecting glaring editing mistakes. eek! The story was something I could relate to, the writing was just so-so.
Denise
I was so excited to read this book! Another great one -- I love how she writes, and I sped through this book. The ending makes me want book #6!
rebecca
This reminded me of Emily Giffin, but just wasn't as good. Plus the ending just didn't seem to line up with the rest of the book.
Megan
This was entertaining, a good "chick lit" book, and a fast read. It's part of a series, so I'll have to read the rest.
Kara
This series makes me laugh out loud! I love it! There better be another book in the series... Slightly Expecting???
Renee
Funny read, light and easy. But not much of a story. Good book for those buying a house (sort of).
Charlise
The whole Slightly series was good. I wonder if there will be one that is "Slightly Pregnant"?
Celeste Johnson
You all know that I love Wendy Markham! It was a great book and I really hope there is a sequel!!
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
  • Questions to Ask Before Marrying
  • The Year Of Living Famously (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • The Funeral Planner
  • Monkey Business
  • My Favorite Mistake
  • Fashionistas
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • Mrs. Perfect
  • The Reluctant Reaper  (The Reluctant Reaper, #1)
  • Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #4)
  • Same As It Never Was: A Novel
  • Tart
New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy published novels and has sold more than three million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological suspense novels. Those novels and the women's fiction she writes under the pseudonym Wendy Markham have also frequently appeared on...more
More about Wendy Markham...
Slightly Single (Slightly, #1) Slightly Settled (Slightly, #2) Slightly Married (Slightly, #4) Slightly Engaged (Slightly, #3) Mike, Mike & Me