Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating, #3)

Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating #3)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  1,640 ratings  ·  46 reviews
BEING DEAD CAN KILL A SOCIAL LIFE!
For Lil Marchette, the owner of Manhattan's premier dating service for vampires (and a dazzling denizen of the dark herself), death is all in a night's work. Unfortunately, it's going to take more than matching up vamps to pay the bills and fund Lil's cosmetics addiction. Dare she add actual humans to the mix? Eager to diversify, she sign...more
Published September 25th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Your Coffin or Mine?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Coffin or Mine?

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostUndead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene FrostFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesDestined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Funny Paranormal Romances
185th out of 497 books — 975 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerDark Lover by J.R. WardVampire Academy by Richelle MeadCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareDead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Best Paranormal & Fantasy Romances
495th out of 3,111 books — 6,322 voters

More lists with this book...

Kait
This wasn't a terribly deep book. Frankly, I got confused a lot, and found the plot lacking. It was ok, but I'd have liked it even less if I had bought the book.
Elizabeth
BEING DEAD CAN KILL A SOCIAL LIFE!

For Lil Marchette, the owner of Manhattan’s premier dating service for vampires (and a dazzling denizen of the dark herself), death is all in a night’s work. Unfortunately, it’s going to take more than matching up vamps to pay the bills and fund Lil’s cosmetics addiction. Dare she add actual humans to the mix?

Eager to diversify, she signs up for a popular dating show, Manhattan’s Most Wanted (MMW), to pitch her expertise to the perfect target audience–eligible...more
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
This review is for books 1-5 of the DED series. I am just reviewing them now because I litterally could not stop reading. These books were hilarious! I read a lot at night and I had to get up several times and go into another room because I was laughing so hard I thought that I might wake up my husband. If you like Katie MacAlister and Molly Harperyou will love this series. I really don't have any complaints other than I'm not into name brand clothes and stuff so I either skipped over the parts...more
Amanda
Out of the three books in this series this is my favorite, even with the lack of Ty front and center (ash took his place in the hottie category for a while.) I am warming even more to the charcater of Lil, loving her antics and scheming, like how she handled being picked for the dating show. The only grip I had was she at times seemed almost too blase about the fact she knew Ty was in trouble. I know she could not do much and was helping Ash as much as she could, and she really was trying to fig...more
Renee Rearden
I love Kimberly Raye's Dead End Dating books. They are so much fun.

I'm not a label hungry fashionista, but I can appreciate the humor behind Lil Marchette's character being so inclined. She's a 500 year-old vampire (and holding) that's part niave, part hopeless romantic, and part entrepreneur...and the sum of those parts make Lil such a likeable character.

Lil not hearing from Ty, her hunky bounty hunter, is a serious bummer, but she doesn't have time to sit by the phone waiting on him. She has a...more
Sbuchler
Jul 02, 2009 Sbuchler rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sbuchler by: Madeleine
Genre: I’m not sure... it could be urban fantasy, vampire romance, paranormal detective... it's just not clear. The tone is rather romance, but the heroine's relationships don't resolve the way romance novels’ usually do. There is a kidnapping mystery going on, but the point-of-view character, Lil, is not an investigator - she's very interested in it but does not have the skills to follow up; there aren't really clues for the reader to pick up and try to solve. We find out the same way Lil does....more
Natalie
This is book 3 in the Dead End Dating series. FYI, book 6 which has been on hold since 2010 is now scheduled to be released as an e-book in the fall of 2012. This was a fun, lighthearted vampire lifestyle book. I wouldn't really call it a romance since it doesn't fit the usual romance formula. It was more in the area of Molly Harper's Jane Jameson series but set in NYC. I haven't read the first 2 books in this series - I saw this at a library sale and decided to go for it. It was a totally fun s...more
Anna
Lol i laughed my ass off, i love a good comedy to relieve some of lifes stresses and this book helps it has action, sexual tension, screw ups, and all in all funny plus who can help but not to love lil... Shes adorable... And head over heels in love but wont admit it... ;) she reminds me of a few girls who have good lifestyles but always want more (lil doesnt she just wants what she cant have)
Jini
Okay, I finally figured out what it is about these books that was bothering me. Whatever it says on the back cover, that's NOT what the book is about. It's the sub-plot. This one says that Lil spends the book searching for Ty (referred to Tag at one point; more sloppy editing) and trying to drum up business by going on a local Bachelor-type tv show. What she actually does is spend most of the book on her brother's wedding and avoiding the hunt. She doesn't actually go looking for Ty, she waits f...more
Wendy Peoples Moore
Still fun, still an easy light read perfect for summer. Don't look for complicated plots, dramatic twists and turns. Instead, just laugh out loud and simply enjoy the easy ride of the story line.
Tanya
It's been a long time since I read an adult paranormal and it will probably be awhile until I read another. I used to eat these right up, but maybe I have a different standard now? For some reason YA books seem to be much more well written and they entertain me more.
Back to the book-it's part 3 of a series that I started awhile back. If you like chick lit and paranormals it is a decent read. Lil is not a terrible protagonist, just a little too into designer clothes (I could care less). I guess...more
Jeannie Lopez
This one was even better ..BRAVO !!!!
Andrea
Well, I will say that I'm flying trough these books so they are quick easy and fun reads! However, it seems all the action in them takes place in the last 2-3 chapters. The rest is just kind of ditziness. In this book, the sexy bounty hunter vamp who Lil lusts after us kidnapped. But does se devote her full efforts to save him? No...that just doesn't make sense. Plus, there is the sexy vamp police Chief and sexy vamp demon...love triangle possibility that was so missed!!!
Mem
Lil Marchette is a born vampire. She is one busy woman, Dead End Dating is her business. Her mother is driving her crazy be either setting her up with born vampires, or trying to put a stop to her brother's marriage to a mortal woman. She has unusual clients for her dating service and ends up competing on a bachelor publicity show. All the while she is trying to figure out what has happened to Ty Bonner, the made vampire from Dead and Dateless, book 2.
Erin
Again, just hilarious, fun reading! This one was exciting, too, because her favorite bounty hunter is in danger, and she has to save him. I kept thinking, "Stop talking about your clothes, and go SAVE him!" :) She could only do so much, though. Sometimes she had to wait, and while she was waiting, she talked about her clothes.
By the way, I'm not much on fashion, but I would wade through all of the shoe-talk again for this book!
I quit reading this book around page 50 because it was just plain stupid. I don't know how I got through the previous books in this series, but there was nothing funny or even remotely witty about Lil's character. The inner monologue was super-girly fluff, and it was bad in comparison to Davidson's Undead series, which is much more enjoyable. I will not be reading any more books from Kimberly Raye.
Diana
When Lil receives a psychic call for help from Ty, who has been incommunicado for months, she has to find him. At the same time, she is a contestant on a Manhattan dating show.

Very subpar. I kind of raced through it, skimming for the important information. I just couldn't really get into it. Lil's lack of responsibility and common sense started out slightly charming but has grown to be very annoying.
Tiffiane
In my review of book 2, I mentioned that Ty's behavior at the end sucked and I hope he redeemed himself in a later book. Yep, circumstances were definitely redeemed. His behavior was fully explained in this one and it makes a lot more sense now!! I am so totally loving this series! It's fun, light and a great laugh! Can't wait to start the next one!
Krystal
I realized I wrote my review on the wrong book...the previous review, for a book i can't seem to remember the title of, was for the okay book. This book was about a born vampire who owns a dating agency. I liked the characters, the story has some interesting twists, and I'll read the next one, though doubt I'll read the ones that came before.
Cute. I enjoyed this more than the second. (view spoiler) Definitely enjoying the series and looking forward to the next one.
Missyb
3 1/2 stars. Ty has disappeared, and Lil's been chosen to be on a dating show. Lil finds Ty, and he leaves again.
Plenty of humor, and I like the new characters and hopefully there'll be more Ash. Still don't understand the stalker/photographer lady, nothing ever came about from it other then deciding to set her up with someone.
There was a strange contrast between the very fluffy Dating service focus, then the dark stuff that was happening with Ty. The Dating service stuff really started to drag in some places, and lots of repitition with the born/made junk (yeah, I get it already!). But I'll keep reading these, overall this one was pretty good.
Andrea
This was the third book in the Dead End Dating Series. I enjoyed this book as much as the first. Unlike the second book in the series, I actually had no clue as to what would happen in the end (I kinda guessed who the villain was in the second book). I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Cmkage
So funny. I laughed out loud several times. I really like how this series aims to be silly and entertaining, but it's also kind of romantic and there are times you can't help but go awwww. Then in the next moment you're back to grinning like a goof because Lil is just so ridiculous.
Kimcess
So far, this series is just ok. It's light, fluffy and has it's funny moments. Although at this point, I don't think this will ever be something that I add to my "gotta re-read it someday" list. Maybe my opinion will change with the last last two books in the series...
Ana
Another amazing novel in this series. The creativity continues to surprise in a very good way and the characters are so much fun reading about. We also got to finally see Lil kick some serious ass to save Ty. You go girl! I can't wait for more.
Holli
Doubt I'll be reading the rest in the series. Main character comes off as very shallow not quirky. Reasons why she cannot be with main love interest is botched at best.

Moving on with my life.....
Barbara
I really enjoyed this third book in the Lil Marchette Dead End Dating series about a born vampire and her adventures with her made vampire love interest and her matchmaking business.
Carole Workman
This is the third book in this series by Kimberly Raye. It was not as funny as the first two but I still can't wait to read the fourth in the series.
Georgia
I couldn't put it down simply because it was about a vampire, was an easy read. Not sure if being a 'vampire' was actually an analogy for something else...
  • Real Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3)
  • Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire (Broken Heart, #2)
  • Lady & the Vamp (Immortality Bites, #3)
  • Sucker Bet (Vegas Vampires, #4)
  • Romancing the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #3)
  • Fangs But No Fangs (Young Brothers, #2)
  • Hex Appeal (Hex, #2)
  • Accidentally Dead (Accidentals, #2)
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
I've always been an incurable romantic. While I enjoy reading all types of fiction, my favorites, the books that touch my soul, are romance novels. From sexy to thrilling, sweet to humorous, I like them all. But what I really love is writing romance--the hotter the better!

I started my first novel back in high school and have been writing ever since. To date, I've published over thirty novels, one...more
More about Kimberly Raye...
Dead End Dating (Dead End Dating, #1) Dead and Dateless (Dead End Dating, #2) Just One Bite (Dead End Dating, #4) Sucker for Love (Dead End Dating, #5) Dead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358)