Start by marking “You Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free!: 500 Delicious, Foolproof Recipes for Healthy Living” as Want to Read:

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A pioneer in gluten-free cooking, Roben Ryberg has worked with gluten-free flours for over 15 years. Now, in You Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free!, she vastly simplifies the challenges of this special diet--while perfecting the flavor of everyone's favorite foods. Completely comprehensive, You Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free! offers 500 recipes for all kinds of breads and bak ...more
Published June 24th 2008 by Da Capo Press (first published June 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about You Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free!

Nizzy
I have not been diagnosed with a gluten allergy, but I do like to experiment in the kitchen with healthy and alternative ingredients. I also like to share food with friends who may have this condition.

I decided on this cookbook compared to the hundreds of other gluten free cookbooks because this one seemed to have the largest amount of recipes for desserts and baked goods. Some of the dinner recipes (steaks, vegetables, etc) are almost throwaways because they are for sure naturally gluten-free,
Melissa
Absolutely wonderful. I have a grain allergy so this is perfect for me. Most gluten free recipes use rice flour which I am also allergic to. This book gives 2-4 different ways to fix a lot of the recipes using different flours.
Tiffany
This book has a lot of good advice for the newly diagnosed celiac. It would probably be a good place for someone with multiple sensitivities to start. Some recipes are better than others (the corn-based brownies were better than the corn-based banana bread). And if you don't want to mess around with mixing flours this has plenty of single flour recipes. It is also the only cookbook I've found with recipes based on oat flour (I grind my own in the blender from gluten-free oats).
Marianne
I am still technically reading this book but now that we have other food intolerances some of the recipes no longer fit. What i like about this cookbook is that it offers the same recipe with different flours, so there will be a bread recipe with corn flower, then one with potato flour, and yet another with rice flower. It's nice to be able to try different variations. I know that I am not crazy about rice flour so I lean more towards the other recipes. A great book!
Stephanie
This was another great gluten-free resource, filled with lots of recipes to get me started off on the right track. Ryberg provides GF versions of many popular dinners, snacks, and desserts, too. She also gives corn-based, rice-based, potato-based and/or oat-based versions whenever possible, so that you can choose the base that you want to cook with. This was informative and diverse in its offerings -- great GF recipe book!
Rosie Beck
Probably one of the best recipe books for gluten free cooking that doesn't have you having to use many "special" products. The recipes are easy to make, yummy, and there are literally 500 of them! Use this for cooking gluten free and "Gluten Free Girl" for the mental challenge of being diagnosed gluten intolerant (GFG has recipes but many are quite involved).
Kitrina
Great book! Some recipes were a little "duh. it's gluten free the normal way." Which might be annoying for someone who knows how to cook... but as I am only learning to cook because of my new found allergy, it was incredibly helpful. What made it even better was that nearly all the recipes were yeast-free, which is what I really needed.
Barb
The copy I have is a bit dated, even only being 4 years old, but I really liked the way it was very basic and to the point for me. I'm just adjusting to a daughter who was just recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and she's gluten free and we're figuring out how to change our lifestyle for her. I needed a book like this.
Wendy
I suffered through years without any baked goods because I'd prefer to eat none than to eat some horrible gf version of one. But this book changed everything for me. The recipes are very simple, and even at a high altitude, I've had great success with them. I now bake on a regular basis.
Michelle
This book offers many ways (and explanations) on how to alter recipes to use gluten-free flours and starches. GREAT book if you are experimenting or getting rid of gluten!
Anna
Have just read through some of the recipes and made two. Seems a very good, clear cookbook, extremely comprehensive.
Andrea
All of the recipes I've tried from this book have been good.

I checked this book out from the library, but I planning on buying my own copy.
Emali
who knew you could add cookbooks to goodreads? anyways, great cookbook, my kids eat all fo the gluten free stuff i've made in here!
Kimberly
Okay. Some recipes looked interesting but didn't make me want to run out and buy the cookbook.
Crystal
This had really good recipes.
Chantelle
Chantelle marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Justme
Justme marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Jamie
Jamie added it
Mar 09, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Lilian Chua
Lilian Chua marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Roben is a food writer, specializing in cutting-edge food science developments. Major breakthroughs include: how to make gluten-free food taste great, how to bake with single gluten-free flours, how to retain moisture in gluten-free baking, how to achieve great texture and moisture using just whole grain flours, and, most recently, developing fabulous recipes for the microwave!

Roben's diet is not
More about Roben Ryberg...
The Ultimate Gluten-Free Cookie Book Gluten-Free in Five Minutes: 123 Rapid Recipes for Breads, Rolls, Cakes, Muffins, and More The Gluten-Free Kitchen: Over 135 Delicious Recipes for People with Gluten Intolerance or Wheat Allergy You Still Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free!: 200 More Delicious, Foolproof Recipes You and Your Whole Family Will Love You Still Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free: 200 More Delicious, Fool-Proof Recipes You and Your Whole Family Will Love