Start by marking “Operation: Dump the Chump” as Want to Read:
Operation: Dump the Chump

Operation: Dump the Chump

Poor Oscar Winkle! Ever since his little brother, Robert (not-so-affectionately known as Slobert), showed up seven and a half years ago, he's been specializing in ruining Oscar's life. So he comes up with Operation: Dump the Chump, a brilliant scheme to get even with the pesky creep.
Published June 17th 1989 by Yearling (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Operation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation

Luz Ibarra
Aug 21, 2007 Luz Ibarra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhoodfaves
This book made me laugh out loud so much, I thought it was hilarious. Actually, I still think it's hilarious. The main character was scheming to get his kid brother away to summer camp. I think I may have to re-read this again as an adult.
Diane
Jun 10, 2017 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, early-readers
Oscar is tired of his creepy little brother and decides to take matters into his own hands. He hatches a plan to get rid of Robert for the summer that includes an elderly couple down the block (the Hensons) and his parents; his plan, however, goes slightly awry.
Katie
Jul 14, 2017 Katie rated it really liked it
I read this with my 8 year old son and we both really enjoyed it. The story is clever and it was fun to guess how it would turn out in the end. There were a few laugh out loud moments that were quite funny. :)
Gina
Nov 15, 2009 Gina rated it really liked it
Shelves: pre-2009, 2011, 4-star
When I was in sixth grade I wrote to Barbara Park as part of a class assignment, telling her how much I liked her books and how funny I thought she was. She wrote me back a nice note. I sure wish I still had that.

Before she became known for her Junie B. Jones series, she wrote some fabulous and funny YA novels. Most of them are now available on the kindle, so I will be gradually collecting them to replace my hard copies. They're probably in the ages 9-12 range, which I have little interest in,
Josiah
Apr 09, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
Barbara Park makes an excellent comic debut in this book (it wasn't the first Barbara Park book to be published, but it was the first that she submitted for publication). The story is somewhat different from what she has written in the late '80s and beyond, but the humor is of the highest quality, with many distinctly memorable moments. A recommended read.
Rebecca
Oct 11, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-read
This book needs to be resurrected. I just read with my kids and it is laugh out loud funny. a couple dated things, like the part where the kid is putting an ad in the newspaper. Perfect for anyone who likes a bolder Peter Hatcher.
Erin
Nov 30, 2009 Erin rated it really liked it
I read this book so many times when I was younger. It would just make me laugh and laugh every time I read it.
Aven
Jul 26, 2010 Aven rated it it was ok
It's been a while since I've read this book. Seems like I didnt like it when I read it. Can't remember what the book was about though. Guess it didn't make an impression on me.
Michael
how to get rid of an annoying kid
Jennifer Johnson
Jul 10, 2013 Jennifer Johnson rated it really liked it
Laughed out loud reading this with my 10 year old son. I love Barbara Park's sense of humor.
Sandy Hearn
Dec 29, 2014 Sandy Hearn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: youth
Hilarious
Jen Mech
Jan 26, 2012 Jen Mech rated it really liked it
Love, love, loved this book when I was in maybe the fourth grade, even though I was the youngest sibling. :-)
Bonnie Pohlig
Jan 05, 2012 Bonnie Pohlig rated it liked it
A humorous book, but it felt a little fake to me, not believable enough. Kids would enjoy it though, especially those with a younger sibling who really annoys them. (Level O)
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Tiffanyn
Tiffanyn rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2010
Scout
Scout rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Faith
Faith rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2008
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Bahar
Bahar rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Amira Shimin
Amira Shimin rated it it was ok
Dec 12, 2013
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2010
Michael Dove
Michael Dove rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2008
Madeline Steinik
Madeline Steinik rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Elanor McLaughlin
Elanor McLaughlin rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Bill Levine
Bill Levine rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Grace Donovan
Grace Donovan rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2010
Tamara Haskett
Tamara Haskett rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Barbara Park received over 40 awards for her books, including 25 Children's Choice awards.

Park was the daughter of a merchant and a secretary, Doris and Brooke Tidswell. She grew up in Mount Holly Township, New Jersey. From 1965 to 1967, she attended Rider College, later finishing her B.S. in 1969 at the University of Alabama. She married Richard A. Park in 1969. She lived in Phoenix, Arizona for
More about Barbara Park...