Start by marking “Operation: Dump the Chump” as Want to Read:
Operation: Dump the Chump

Operation: Dump the Chump

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Poor Oscar Winkle! Ever since his little brother, Robert (not-so-affectionately known as Slobert), showed up seven and a half years ago, he's been specializing in ruining Oscar's life. So he comes up with Operation: Dump the Chump, a brilliant scheme to get even with the pesky creep.
Published June 17th 1989 by Yearling (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Operation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation

Luz Ibarra
This book made me laugh out loud so much, I thought it was hilarious. Actually, I still think it's hilarious. The main character was scheming to get his kid brother away to summer camp. I think I may have to re-read this again as an adult.
Gina
When I was in sixth grade I wrote to Barbara Park as part of a class assignment, telling her how much I liked her books and how funny I thought she was. She wrote me back a nice note. I sure wish I still had that.

Before she became known for her Junie B. Jones series, she wrote some fabulous and funny YA novels. Most of them are now available on the kindle, so I will be gradually collecting them to replace my hard copies. They're probably in the ages 9-12 range, which I have little interest in,
Josiah
Barbara Park makes an excellent comic debut in this book (it wasn't the first Barbara Park book to be published, but it was the first that she submitted for publication). The story is somewhat different from what she has written in the late '80s and beyond, but the humor is of the highest quality, with many distinctly memorable moments. A recommended read.
Rebecca
This book needs to be resurrected. I just read with my kids and it is laugh out loud funny. a couple dated things, like the part where the kid is putting an ad in the newspaper. Perfect for anyone who likes a bolder Peter Hatcher.
Helen
It's been a while since I've read this book. Seems like I didnt like it when I read it. Can't remember what the book was about though. Guess it didn't make an impression on me.
Bonnie Pohlig
A humorous book, but it felt a little fake to me, not believable enough. Kids would enjoy it though, especially those with a younger sibling who really annoys them. (Level O)
Erin
I read this book so many times when I was younger. It would just make me laugh and laugh every time I read it.
Jen Mech
Love, love, loved this book when I was in maybe the fourth grade, even though I was the youngest sibling. :-)
Jennifer Johnson
Laughed out loud reading this with my 10 year old son. I love Barbara Park's sense of humor.
Michelle
I remember totally being able to commiserate since I wanted to be done with my brother.
Austin F.
Oscar tries to get rid of his brother Robert because of how much he hates him
The main character is such a sneaky punk. I've got to read this again.
Michael
how to get rid of an annoying kid
Jahnaya Chiddick
Jahnaya Chiddick marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Jack
Jack added it
Sep 05, 2014
Michelle D
Michelle D marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Fairy Reader
Fairy Reader marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Barbara Park received over 40 awards for her books, including 25 Children's Choice awards.

Park was the daughter of a merchant and a secretary, Doris and Brooke Tidswell. She grew up in Mount Holly Township, New Jersey. From 1965 to 1967, she attended Rider College, later finishing her B.S. in 1969 at the University of Alabama. She married Richard A. Park in 1969. She lived in Phoenix, Arizona for
More about Barbara Park...
Junie B. Jones and the  Stupid Smelly Bus (Junie B. Jones, #1) Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business (Junie B. Jones, #2) Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (Junie B. Jones, #3) Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake (Junie B. Jones, #5) Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime (Junie B. Jones, #14)