Nemi 1 (Nemi, #1)

Nemi 1 (Nemi #1)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  364 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Nemi för första gången i bokform; morgontrött, chokladätande, svartklädd och underbart träffsäker. Framför allt unga kvinnor i landet har här äntligen saknat en seriehjälte att se upp till. Men Nemi gäller som förebild även för pojkar och äldre. ”Hon är fortfarande den jag vill att hon ska vara: någonting mitt emellan en romantisk flicka som betraktar världen med ett barns...more
Published May 1st 2003 by Kartago (first published 2003)

Blodeuedd Finland
Nemi is a Norwegian comic strip, written and drawn by Lise Myhre.

Nemi is a "tough girl" with an attitude, is not afraid to speak her mind and more often than not in confrontational ways: blunt rejections of would-be one-night stands at the pub are not uncommon. At the same time, she can be very sensitive: she is apparently incapable of killing anything, including spiders, of which she is very fond. She can also feel very alone at times. She is afraid of growing up, and loathes blonde bimbos (viz...more
Stéphanie
BD Très drôle, écrite sous forme de courts sketchs. Nemi est très attachante et franchement barrée. Perso je la trouve plus métalleuse que goth, mais ce n’est que mon point de vue et cela ne change pas grand-chose de toute manière. Je pense par contre que certains gags sont ultra référencés et que certaines personnes pas assez familières avec la musique metal/goth passeront à coté. Sinon on passe un bon moment de lecture !
The_Mad_Swede
Den första strippsamlingen på svenska med norska serieskaparen Lises hårdrockande Nemi. Samlingen har ett förord av Charlie Christensen (Arne Ankas fader och en av Lises inspirationskällor) och Christensens influens märks av, framför allt i den sista av de två lite längre berättelser som finns med i slutet av samlingen (den när Nemi skall rädda julen). Annars är jag kluven. Materialet i den här samlingen är fortfarande svart-vitt, vilket fungerar utmärkt med tonen, men det tar ett tag innan Lise...more
Sasha Boersma
Great drawings, but wasn't much into the character. Personal taste.
Janet
This comic strip is a delight! The Nemi character is pure Id, in the finest possible way. She wants what she wants, and she's incredibly funny about getting it. She rather reminds me of a cat. Self-centered and lazy but fastidious with it, with grace and a moral code all her own. She's rather underemployed (when she's working at all), showing up variously working in a clothing store, a music store, or baby-sitting. The baby-sitting is wonderful.
Whatsupchuck
A different sort of comic from what I'm used to. I prefer comics that are novel-length, amazingly artistic, compellingly innovative, or have a solid narrative.

Nemi is more like the Sunday newspaper funnies I read as a kid. Nemi is the title character, a sort of of goth/metal young woman with a charming air and biting sense of humor. She's a character that I fell in love with, but I don't think it would ever work out between us.
Korynn
Nemi is a modern goth woman who refuses to grow up and stop dreaming. These cartoons tend to feature her partying drunk, musing over music and movies, in bed with her most recent disastrous one night stand, or believing that fantasy and fact can mix. She's a vampy mix of whimsy, sarcasm and attitude. Apparently she's created in Norway and she's translated into English by the Brits so expect all Brit slang when you read these.
Ana
i loved it! very fun and unique, Nemi is a great character that you can just all in love with. Some aspects are really british but I was still able to get into it. Her love of fantasy and dragons and creepy stuff was just too fun to read about. And some of her situations we can all relate to. The art is crisp and vibrant but doesn't detract from the strips. I can't wait to read the next volumes.
Audeline
Ce que j'ai le plus adoré dans "Nemi", ce sont toutes les petites anecdotes dans lesquelles je me suis retrouvée et où j'ai pu me dire "C'est vrai que ça se passe comme ça!". Je pense que tous ceux qui se retrouvent dans le milieu du metal apprécieront la vie de Nemi et ses petites aventures. Pas toujours hilarants, mais toujours vrai!
Rosa
Nemi is a collection of daily newspaper strips. I love the artwork and I really like Nemi, although sometimes I wish she was just a little bit less harsh to other people. I also kind of wish there was more of a long term story line, but only because I think it would be interesting; the short daily strips are pretty funny.
Lauren
I am loving this book, this comic is the main thing I read in the metro, if I have no time to look at anything else I skip to the comic page. Its funny and so accurate on how life is, I just love it. Having bought it at the weekend I have been reading bits before I go to sleep.
Rachael
Theres definitely something lost in translation here. I like the character and the drawing style but I really never laughed. There's a few funny skits where she's babysitting but other than that I just didn't love this comic.
Embla
Divertente e pungente...nonstante la traduzione faccia un po' pena.
Iida
As great as usual. :D Nemi doesn't let me down, humor and good advices for a life. And good philosophies, makes me think about important things.
I hadn't read these comics before, but I can now understand why many of my friends are fans of Nemi.
Rebekah Jones
While her ethics are a little... askew, she's a very likable character with an enjoyable humour.
Suvi
well, its me... its hilarious, loved it
Iain Watson
Nemi (Volume 1) by Lise Myhre (2008)
Valérie
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Bea Kovács
Bea Kovács marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Mercy Martinez
Mercy Martinez marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • Lenore : Noogies (Issues 1-4)
  • One Snowy Night
  • Gothic Charm School: An Essential Guide for Goths and Those Who Love Them
  • Journal infime (Lou!, Tome 1)
  • God Save the Queen
  • Moomin, Vol. 3
  • Juoppohullun päiväkirja (Juoppohullun päiväkirja, #1)
  • What Is Goth?
  • GloomCookie (GloomCookie, #1)
  • Mr. Bliss
  • I Feel Sick #2
  • Mafalda 3
  • Strangers in Paradise, Volume 19: Ever After
  • The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 15: 1979-1980
  • The Invisibles
  • Auferstehung der Toten (Brenner, #1)
  • Alabaster: Wolves
  • Emil i Lonneberga
Norwegian cartoonist. Her most famous cartoon is Nemi.

After a short study of graphical design at the Santa Monica College of Art in California, Lise Myhre started her career as an artist, earning money illustrating CD covers and t-shirts. She also participated in cartoon competitions and started giving contributions to Larsons Gale Verden, the Norwegian version of Gary Larson's magazine The Far Si...more
More about Lise Myhre...
Nemi - Vol. 2 (Nemi, #2) Nemi - Vol. 3 (Nemi, #3) Nemi 05 (Nemi, #5) Skumle damen (Nemi, #4) Nemi 06 (Nemi, #6)