Start by marking “Yours and Mine” as Want to Read:
Yours and Mine

Yours and Mine

"Mine's big, yours green as leaves in spring. I can pull mine on a string . . ." So begins this charming story of two friends who embark on a flight of fancy, as they compare and contrast their imaginary friends in a classic children's game. The book's imagistic text invokes all sorts of exciting creatures and situations, from the mysterious being that eats chestnuts to ...more
Published March 11th 2005 by Frances Lincoln Children's Books (first published March 10th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Yours and Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yours and Mine

Harriet Hunt
Nov 24, 2012 Harriet Hunt rated it liked it
Yours and mine is a story about two children's imaginary friends. The book has a simple narrative structure of each child telling the other a feature of their friend's personality. The book has beautiful illustrations, however, I was unsure about what it was actually about until I read another review.

If I was to use this book in a classroom I would read it out and get the children to discuss what it could be about. I would then do an English lesson getting the children to write about an imagina
Dolly
Jan 16, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, rhyming, 2011
Originally published in German, this is the English translation of this story/poem. It's an unusual poem and although the rhymes are catchy, the subject is a bit of a mystery. On the last page, a cloud and balloon are depicted, but we still aren't sure if those were the "Yours and Mine" items, as they don't seem to fit the rhymes. Odd, but creative and despite the drawings on the walls, I like that it sparks the imagination.
Julie Flake
I love the pictures in this book but I was confused by the story. I didn't really understand until I read the inside jacket. It's lovely once I understood, but kind of detracts that you can't figure it out during the story.
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2009
Stella Star
Stella Star rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Jobie
Jobie rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2008
Laura Z
Laura Z rated it it was ok
Feb 22, 2012
Blue Puffin
Blue Puffin rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2012
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Denise Muir
Denise Muir marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016