Start by marking “Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage: Unlocking the Secrets to Life, Love and Marriage” as Want to Read:

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  262 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Based on Mark Gungor's wildly popular seminar, "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage(R)" builds on Gungor's success with tens of thousands of couples who credit him with enriching, and even saving, their marriages. By using his unique blend of humor and tell-it-like-it-is honesty, he helps couples get along and have fun doing it. Through exploring a variety of subjects incl ...more
Published March 25th 2008 by Atria Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage

Dawn Hartley
Read this book! After you read the book attend the seminar! Mark Gungor is awesome in the marriage field. It was funny and amazingly correct in the way men and women think. Great book!
Elena
Awesome! I learned a lot from it the first time I read it. Vowed to read it again when I was married and that's exactly what I did.
Shaelah
Some very sound and useful ideas and insight, but a lot of the psychology is nothing new to me having read more specifically on this topic.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good book - it's just that I had already attended the seminar (a lot of the book is verbatim content), and I've read more extensively already. Aaaand some of his theology is .... questionable at best. A bit eisegetic.

I WOULD recommend this book - I just personally found it to be a bit of a refresher course. Which is always good, an
January
This book was terrible. I honestly didn't find much humor in it at all. I didn't find anything in the book that I didn't already know. In fact I found some of his "advice" downright offensive and insulting. So if you are a moron and you want someone to tell you how to have "great sex" have at it.
jamie whitney
Amazed at the author's candor and detailed information about the "hidden" issues in marriage.

Recommend to ALL whether married or single, male or female, Christian or non-Christian. This author addresses the issues from all points of view.
Karen Strumlak
I first saw Mark Gungor on YouTube describing the male and female brain and could not stop laughing. When I started reading the book, I had to recommend it to my granddaughter. We are both newlyweds and she is a new mom. We have learned to laugh together at our husbands, turning frustration into more laughter and loving them more. GREAT book!

Although I have read this book completely I will always use it as a reference to laugh while being married. Whenever those moments are a bit rough I read a
Alexandra Tong
I really enjoyed this book. I'm not married but a relationship is a precursor of a marriage. Usually people in a relationship make same mistakes as married couple. I wish there is a book similar but more oriented toward people in a relationship
Julie Williams
This is an amazing book. It is hilarious, yet very serious about helping married couples grow closer together. There are so many truths and bits of wisdom, all wrapped with giggles and laughs. It was a benefit and a joy to both my husband & I.
Pato
This is a great book especially for newly weds but can also work for everyone in understanding the other sex better.Its a very inspirational and educative book,would recommend it to everyone
Rohan Rajiv
I read this book for 2 reasons - because I'm getting married and because I loved Gungor's famous YouTube video on men's and women's brains. The book was okay - very good in parts and pretty okay for the most part.

Gungor is occasionally scientific and structured but for the most part it centers around his observations as a pastor. I also think it didn't help that he wrote this for Christians. There were way too many bible, Jesus references for a non Christian.

That said, it's worth reading. I can'
Sophie Lydia
I really enjoyed this book. I recommend it to anybody married or not or even single. Because even if I believe I, myself, is happily married, there is a lot of things in there I did not know or did not realise. It makes me want to be better than before.

And funny enough - even though the book tittle is "Laugh your way..." - I can confess I cried at some parts because I though that Mark really went into the deep stuff that matters and I felt it touched my soul.
I really believed that some things t
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This is another book about relationships and how men and women don't understand each other and what they can do to fix that. The author does add some humor and scripture passages so it is a little different than "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" and the like.

The book is good and has lots of good information, I just thought the title was misleading. I realize that it is based on the author's seminars by the same name (Laugh your Way...) but misleading all the same IMHO.

I would probably
Jay
Apr 08, 2010 Jay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jay by: Amy
While this book gets a little preachy, especially toward the end, and it does include some stereotypes that don't hold in every case, I feel like I learned a lot useful things about relationships and the way people think. The author is pretty entertaining in his discussion. What I really liked best, though, is learning some general ideas about the differences in the ways men and women think, see, etc. And, as the author says, even if nothing else changes, by learning something, your attitude cha ...more
Vested Interests
This guy is so funny. The way he sums up men and women will have you and your spouse pointing at each other and laughing (in a good way, of course).
Allison
This is a Christian based relationship book, and I am not Christian. In the first half , the religious comments were actually interesting when looked at as historical reasons for cultural behaviors. The second half got a bit preachy, but I stuck with it because he had some really solid reasons behind what he was saying. I'm glad I did. The entire book was full of really good, solid, helpful advice. Yes, I've put quite a bit into practice, and yes, it's working.
Marissa
This book is definitely not a laughing matter. While it does have it's humorous tidbits in it, Mark Gungor talks about practical ways to improve your marriage. He has a tell-it-like-it is type of honesty. He talks about skills and things couples should do to achieve success and have a long, healthy, and happy marriage. Over and over, he makes excellent points. Loved this book. I just might read more books by him.
Whitney
This book is amazing. The title is true, this book is hilarious. Mark Gungor truely has a way of seeing both side of what each person in a mariage needs/wants. I kept asking my husband if certain things he wrote about were true. My husband keep reassuring me they were. This book is very insightful and I will re-read it and probably look at certain sections of the book often.
Desirae
AMAZING! You will laugh your head off. But it is so insightful. We kept looking at eachother and asking "Is that true?". He really understands both sides and breaks it down without bias. Girls the best bit was about men and their 'nothing box' Love it! The video of his conference is even better as you get his personal spin on the information.
Renee
Infrequently corny and at one point excessive, but almost entirely revealing and extremely practical. Mark Gungor has used his own longtime marriage and career as minister and marriage counselor to provide insight into how differently men and women think and percieve the world around them and what we need from the other.
Kim
This book made some good points but nothing earth shattering. I've seen Mark Gungor's clips on You Tube and he is hilarious! His delivery is much better in person than in the written form. I'm glad I read it but I didn't LAUGH my way through this book, as I expected I would.

I do recommend looking up his video clips though!
Colleen
We watched the 6-week seminar that he offers via DVD at our church, and it's great to listen to for anyone who is currently married or plans on getting married...ever. It's not necessarily ground-breaking advice, but it's common sense in a world that's obviously lacking it. A great, comedic perspective.
Traci Jones
Aug 17, 2009 Traci Jones is currently reading it
I just started reading the book but I watched his DVDs and he is one heck of a teacher on understanding the opposite sex. The best Ive ever heard in my life. The great thing is that he is such a comedian that he makes you laugh all the way through the lessons.
Judy
May 21, 2010 Judy added it
The author's humorous, practical conversational style helps reinforce the concepts that men and women really do think differently, and that God does know what He is doing. It is our job to pattern our lives according to His wisdom and instructions.
Nathan
Apr 04, 2008 Nathan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christians, newlyweds
Shelves: books-from-work
A breezy read. Not exactly groundbreaking advice, but decent stuff in there for dating couples/newlyweds. I'd give it to Christian couples at a wedding shower. Also, the author makes for a great interview.
Rebecca
I completely enjoy this book. It was a wonderful insight to how my husband's mind works. While it does quote and reference scriptures, it didn't come across as though it was preaching to me.

L.
Very good book about Life, Love and Marriage. I enjoyed it a lot and encourage all couples dating, engaged or married to read this...It can change you life for the better if you let it.
Mary
Hilarious! Read it and you'll be tempted to take it up a notch; grab some of your favorite couples & a couple of pizzas, open your home & TV set, and enjoy the DVD series together!
Wannie Michelmann
Mark Gungor is one of my best loved pastors. I love all his materials and this book is a supplementary easy and entertaining read with the DVD set that I also bought.
Griff
Participated in group video sessions initially - hilarious and insightful. Read the book afterwards. To read the book only would not be as good
Brooke
Plenty of laughter! Just what every marriage needs! The video is outstanding too. A resource often taught at Strong Bonds Retreats. Fabulous!
  • Desperate Marriages: Moving Toward Hope and Healing in Your Relationship
  • Cracking the Communication Code: The Secret to Speaking Your Mate's Language; Love for Her, Respect for Him
  • The DNA of Relationships
  • Healing the Masculine Soul: God's Restoration of Men to Real Manhood
  • For This I Was Born: Aligning Your Vision to God's Cause
  • Love Busters: Overcoming the Habits That Destroy Romantic Love
  • Marriage on the Rock
  • Healing Is a Choice: 10 Decisions That Will Transform Your Life and 10 Lies That Can Prevent You from Making Them
  • The Marriage Clinic: A Scientifically Based Marital Therapy
  • Freedom from Toxic Relationships: Moving On from the Family, Work, and Relationship Issues That Bring You Down
  • The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Know to Make Love Work
  • Thin Enough: My Spiritual Journey Through the Living Death of an Eating Disorder
  • Men Are Like Waffles--Women Are Like Spaghetti
  • Fighting for Your Marriage: Positive Steps for Preventing Divorce and Preserving a Lasting Love
  • How to Help People Change: The Four-Step Biblical Process
  • Ethnicity and Family Therapy
  • The Practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: Creating Connection
  • Love Sense: The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships
Discovering Your Heart With The Flag Page The Bead Method Tale of Two Brains Be-Attitudes of Marriage: 9 Simple Steps to a Healthier and Happier Marriage Discovering Your Heart with the Flag Page : A simple and powerful way to truly understand yourself and Others

“You want him praising the Lord in the morning, you put a smile on his face tonight.” 7 likes
“You know what really fries my Puerto rican pancakes?” 3 likes