Start by marking “Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 03” as Want to Read:
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 03

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 03 (Neon Genesis Evangelion #3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  1,127 ratings  ·  18 reviews
In the year 2015, humanity faces terrifying last judgement by a mysterious race of giants, and a handful of teenagers must pilot the colossal superentities known as "evangelions" in the fight for survival. With Volume 3, this controversial science fiction series continues to push the limits of the genre.
Published October 6th 1999 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 29th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 03

Hikari
Zur Reihe: Der finale Band von Neon Genesis Evangelion (kurz EVA oder NGE) ist vor kurzem erschienen - daher entschloss ich mich, die komplette Reihe noch einmal zu lesen. Ich kenne die Reihe seit dem Jahr 2000 und bin ein großer Fan. Aber es hat über 15 Jahre (in Deutschland, in Japan waren es 19) gedauert, bis der Finale band erschienen ist. Die Reihe gehört zu meinen absoluten Lieblingen und ich hoffe, dass das Ende dem würdig ist. Und besser als die bisherigen vom Anime.

Zu Band 3: Was mir be
Scott Lee
Well that seals it. I'll finish the series. Now I've just got to find it somewhere--the library here only has Darkhorses's wannabe follow ups. Not the original But i think I know where to get it.

This seems like the end of the first arc. Nice resolution for serial storytelling. Sadamoto does a great job with this, visually and in his scripting. A nice twist on the relationships between the characters and some nice hints at where the plot is going--always essential in a serial medium. A fun volum
Charles
Brian
If Alan Moore's Watchmen is a 'classic' of the dark-fantasy comic genre, then NGE is a 'classic' of anime, and one with an incredibly loyal cult following. This, then, is the manga adaptation of one of that original contoversial, yet incredibly successful, anime.

I loved the anime series, although not a fanatical fan, as I thought both endings were EXTREMELY disappointing and actually detracted from the story. After reading this first 'book' I have to admit that I am impressed how well this adapt
Alexander Case
This volume of the manga adapts the Operation Yashima plotline, which I'd also describe as the "First Rei Arc." It gives the reader a baseline for who Rei is currently, so her character can develop and change over future volumes.

The story in this volume is missing some of the light humor that the anime version of this arc has (with Rei being the ultimate straight woman - particularly when Rei comes to give Shinji the briefing on Operation Yashima while he's in the hospital).

Sadamoto's art is exc
Jerry
Still good, but it could have been better without the sexual content.
Ryan
I'm starting to worry that this series is definitely going to fall into the category of "fails to live up to expectations" - it's still fun giant mecha splodo, but I'm not seeing much deeper than that. There's hints of more depth - the relationship between Shinji and his father, for example, and hints of a relationship between the EVAs and the Angels, but aside from that, nothing. To make a comics analogy, I think I was expecting Grant Morisson, but got Mark Waid instead.
Sébaste Gagné
This is the volume I reached the first time I tried to read this series (the local library only has the three first volumes of it and it didn't interest me enough back then to look for the rest of it on the Internet).

I do feel like I did enjoy it more this time, and I do consider pursuing reading this (I think the library in my new town has the complete series, but if they don't I do consider reading it online).
Henry
Feb 13, 2010 Henry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This volume features the introduction of one of my favorite characters, the beautiful Rei (aka the First Child). There is a very funny and awkward scene between her and Shinji, and it was very nice to see it in manga. Again, this adaptation does a superb job of showing the familiar story, but from a slightly different angle. The characters shine beautifully, and to be honest, I just can't wait to pick the next volume.
Ere K.
Cominciamo a ragionare. A parte l'assenza di alcuni elementi che davano molto più carattere all'anime e che si sono persi in questa versione, devo riconoscere che il volume si fa leggere meglio dei precedenti.
Ana Paula
I marked only volume 1 as read, but it means I read all of them. I only didn't want to mark one book for each manga volume and didn't find a goodreads book that comprehends all the volumes.
Alx_zero
En este volumen finalmente echamos un vistazo a Rei o, al menos, a lo poco que se puede adivinar sobre ella. Por lo demás daddy issues y un buen estudio de personajes.
Federiken Masters
Quizás, mi tomo favorito de toda la serie. Supongo que una vez que esté terminada le tocará en algún momento una merecidísima releílda íntegra.
Lord
Another good volume with the story focusing on Rei Ayanami. And who doesn't love her? >_<
Jon
Sep 30, 2011 Jon added it
not bad, getting a bit more interesting. Action still seems difficult to follow at time
Kailey
I could've done without the idiotic nudity. REally? stupid.
Carlos Martinez
Groundbreaking for the Meca genere, there is nothing like it.
Oplenty Debus
Oplenty Debus is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2015
Ana Whitlock
Ana Whitlock marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Countess ♬
Countess ♬ marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 05: Angel Of Redemption (Battle Angel Alita)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 3
  • X/1999, Volume 07: Rhapsody
  • Saikano: The Last Love Song on This Little Planet, Vol. 02
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volume 1
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 15: The Door to Memories (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #15)
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is a Japanese character designer, mangaka, and one of the founding members of the Gainax anime studio.

Also the character designer for the .hack//Games and the Package designer for the .hack//GU games.
More about Yoshiyuki Sadamoto...

Neon Genesis Evangelion (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 1
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 08
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 09
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 10
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 11
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 1 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 02 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 05 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 04 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 06