Start by marking “War on the Saints, The Full Text, Unabridged Edition” as Want to Read:
War on the Saints, The Full Text, Unabridged Edition

War on the Saints, The Full Text, Unabridged Edition

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  60 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The classic book on spiritual warfare - the unabridged original with appendices, not one word changed, not one word cut. 325 pages, hardcover with jacket.

A brilliant, highly accurate description of specific ways by which the powers of darkness work to confuse, deceive, oppose, afflict, mislead or bind believers - and how to detect, oppose and overcome them. An advanced te

Published June 1st 1973 by Thomas E Lowe Ltd (first published 1964)

Be the first to ask a question about War on the Saints, The Full Text, Unabridged Edition

Aaron
May 22, 2012 Aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Some More On the Ain'ts" could be an alternative title.

Let me clarify: Undoubtedly Mrs. Jessie Penn-Lewis could be classified as a Pentecostal, yet she is that rare breed, which other Pentecostals despise: a thinking Pentecostal. I first heard of her in Roberts Liardon's book "God's Generals". There she was painted as a dubious figure who kidnapped Evan Roberts, who was then held captive in Mr. and Mrs. Penn-Lewis' home.

Now, I believe this is what happened: "God's Generals" admits Evan Robert
Aaron Gregas
Jan 03, 2016 Aaron Gregas rated it did not like it
I read this book in one sitting, and was converted after reading it. At the time I was a charismatic, not the John Piper or Sovereign Grace type, but the Jesus Culture or IHOP type. I did not know the gospel, and I was deceived by the false gospel of this movement I was in. I had known for a while that the movement that I was in heretical and dangerous, but I loved my sin. I thank God that my Dad left this book on my bed. I really looked up to Evan Roberts, so when I found this book I had to rea ...more
Royce Ratterman
Feb 07, 2016 Royce Ratterman rated it really liked it
Most books are rated related to their usefulness and contributions to my research.
Overall, a good book for the researcher and enthusiast.
Read for personal research
- found this book's contents helpful and inspiring - number rating relates to the book's contribution to my needs.
Nannette Serra
One of the first books I read after becoming a Christian in 1968. I kept it as a reference book after that. The major lesson learned was to always pray for discernment and to try the spirits. It is very easy to confuse the voice of the Lord with that of the world system (peer pressure), my own flesh (old nature) and the Devil and his demons. Penn-Lewis' book is a guide for the Christian who wants to have discernment.
Stewart
Undoubtedly one of the creepiest books in my library; definitely thought provoking and complex. I've never read it all the way through, but find I keep returning to it to scan through chapters of interest (like tonight). Enjoy :-)
Teresa
Apr 22, 2009 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must have for any discerning Christian. Get the unabridged version, it has not been altered as this one has. Even so this is a book you need to read.
Kathleen Dixon
Oh well - it's undoubtedly good for me to read things I don't agree with.
Nicholas Maulucci
Jan 02, 2016 Nicholas Maulucci rated it liked it
a good book with some interesting concepts.
K Rae
K Rae marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Cynthia Moretti
Cynthia Moretti marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Paul Lee
Paul Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Rose on aish
Rose on aish marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
ChildofGod
ChildofGod marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
John
John is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2016
Kemla James
Kemla James marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
robert d. dunbar
robert d. dunbar marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Erin Caldwell
Erin Caldwell marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Kathleen White
Kathleen White rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Nicholaus GT
Nicholaus GT rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Joseph Shim
Joseph Shim rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Loo
Loo marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Fred B
Fred B marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Dan Baughman
Dan Baughman rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
S. W. Jack
S. W. Jack is currently reading it
Oct 04, 2015
misha
misha is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2015