Start by marking “Let's Go Western Europe 2007” as Want to Read:
Let's Go Western Europe 2007

Let's Go Western Europe 2007

Packed with travel information, including more listings, deals, and insider tips:
CANDID LISTINGS of hundreds of places to eat, sleep, drink, and feel like a localRELIABLE MAPS to help you get around cities, towns, and the countrysideINSIDER TIPS on the best nightlife, traveling cheap, and finding vegetarian foodHow to SAVE EUROS without missing out on the full European exp
Published November 28th 2006 by Let's Go Publications (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Let's Go Western Europe 2007, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Go Western Europe 2007

Megan Sanchez
Apr 14, 2012 Megan Sanchez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Going back and rating this purely out of sentimental value. This is the book that accompanied me during my study abroad experience in 2009. I found it today - April 12, 2012 - while organizing the apartment. Inside, I found my Eurail pass and a map of Rome with my hostel marked just outside the Vittorio Emanuele metro stop. Check marks tell me where I went. I wrote notes about what I actually paid, how much I enjoyed something, what I ate. The spine is very cracked and the cover is a little stai ...more
Rebecca
Jul 27, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book got me through Europe. Some of the recommendations for food and places to stay are a little off, but they are spot on about most of the sights. The maps are occasionally totally useless (missing streets, having a legend where number one is listed, but it's not on the map, etc.). It's a really good book and having the metro maps on hand, especially for Paris, was really helpful.
Valerie Sherman
Dec 05, 2007 Valerie Sherman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let's Go! travel books are amazing. (See entry re: Let's Go! Italy.) This is obviously an out-of-date version, but it is the one that Julie bought for me for my Salzburg study abroad, and it was an indispensable guide to Western Europe that I used to plan three weeks of solo travel time. It is also the version that got me addicted to Let's Go! in the first place. Fantastische!
Abby Davis
May 09, 2008 Abby Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my backpacking bible. Let's Go is really good for college or post college kids who want to stay in hostels, eat cheap food and drink heavily. But I have no sense of direction and it helped me navigate 5 countries. HOWEVER, I think the Let's Go kids spend a lot more time in the bar than anywhere else. Stupid Harvard snobs.
Kyoko
May 25, 2012 Kyoko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
This is one of the first guide books I've used and I must say it didn't let me down. Helpful, full of detailed info, easy to use. What else could I have wanted as a novice in backpacking? :)

(Yes, slightly heavy as it covers all western Europe but well worth it.)
Chilton
May 08, 2009 Chilton rated it did not like it
Shelves: travel-guides
As Bill Bryson pointed out in his book "Neither Here Nor There", this book should be titled "Let's Go Get Another Guidebook".
Angela
Apr 13, 2007 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Travelers
Let's Go and Lonely Planet Books are the best travel guides, I highly recommend all of them!
Literary  Chanteuse
Jun 04, 2010 Literary Chanteuse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
My bible while traveling Europe.
Emily Becker
Aug 04, 2008 Emily Becker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real life-saver.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Jamie Wong
Jamie Wong rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Blakelee
Blakelee rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Trimble
Trimble rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Lanie
Lanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Angie Scarminach
Angie Scarminach rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Jennifer Newman
Jennifer Newman rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Dave Abad
Dave Abad rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Warhorus
Warhorus rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2014
Jackie
Jackie added it
Mar 02, 2014
Janne Aukia
Janne Aukia rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2013
Rey Darang
Rey Darang marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Tina Huynh
Tina Huynh rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Brian Richards
Brian Richards rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Ben Hale
Ben Hale rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2013