Start by marking “Against the Giants (Module G1-3) (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons)” as Want to Read:
Against the Giants (Module G1-3) (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons)

Against the Giants (Module G1-3) (Giants G1-2-3)

Three complete adventures for character levels 8-12
Published 1980 by TSR

To ask other readers questions about Against the Giants (Module G1-3), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Against the Giants (Module G1-3)

Jason Koivu
I loved this! Everyone seemed to love this! And I have no idea why!

Against the Giants was a Dungeons & Dragons module (an outline for a game) that collected three prototype modules together which were then reissued as one epic adventure. The countryside has been ravaged by hill giants, frost giants and fire giants that have all banded together under some unknown master force! Local noblemen have enlisted the best possible heroes to come to their aid!... Yeah, that was pretty much a standard
Matthew Iden
Aside from Keep on the Borderlands, there's no more iconic D&D module than Against the Giants. My copy is more Scotch tape than paper after 30 years, but I still get a thrill every time I leaf through it.

I'm puzzled that I've been so drawn to the adventure; after all, it's really a shell, with not much story or intrigue or drama. Only a handful of NPC's even have names (damn you, Obmi!).

I suppose it's exactly this lack of detail that lets your imagination take off. I still remember dreamin
Jul 16, 2011 Ken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This anthology of the 3 giant modules adds the beloved tournament characters and some nice interior illustrations. 4 stars instead of 5 because it is essentially one raid after another and I don't think that running all 3 adventures back-to-back is the best approach pacing-wise.
Sami Koskinen
Dec 21, 2011 Sami Koskinen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: played
After hours of slaughter and killing players asked: "Where is that frost giant Jarl"? And DM shrugged his shoulders and said: "It was that one giant, who got better armor class than others"!!!
Bob Findlay
Mar 26, 2012 Bob Findlay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think my group went through this one..3 or 4 times? So long ago. Great series!
David Winston
Apr 02, 2013 David Winston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Great adventure! Always fun.
Troy marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2016
Mike rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2016
Patrick rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Bernard Wright
Bernard Wright rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Gillandan marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
David rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
sp added it
Aug 03, 2016
Daijoubu rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Bijan Ayati
Bijan Ayati marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
HLF marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2016
Wm Johnson
Wm Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
G rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Andrew Franke
Andrew Franke rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Jason rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Uri Kurlianchik
Uri Kurlianchik rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Goran Malesh
Goran Malesh marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Pcrews added it
Jan 31, 2016
Phil rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Christopher Perry
Christopher Perry marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Dino rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Queen of the Demonweb Pits (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons module Q1)
  • The Isle of Dread (Dungeons and Dragons Module X1)
  • White Plume Mountain
  • Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Fiend Folio
  • Deities & Demigods: Cyclopedia of Gods and Heroes from Myth and Legend (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition, Stock #2013)
  • Ravenloft
  • The Forgotten Realms: Campaign Set
  • Dungeoneer's Survival Guide (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition, Stock #2019)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness
  • Forgotten Realms: Adventures (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition, Stock #2106)
  • Wilderness Survival Guide (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition, Stock #2020)
  • Cyberpunk: The Roleplaying Game of the Dark Future
  • Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
  • Pillars of Pentegarn (Endless Quest, #3)
  • Shadowrun (Third Edition)
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (D&D: Eberron)
  • Guide to the Camarilla
  • Dungeons and Dragons Rules Cyclopedia
Ernest Gary Gygax was an American writer and game designer, best known for co-creating the pioneering role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) with Dave Arneson in 1974, and co-founding the company Tactical Studies Rules (TSR, Inc.) with Don Kaye in 1973.

After leaving TSR, Gygax continued to author role-playing game titles independently, including another gaming system called Lejendary
More about Gary Gygax...