Start by marking “Someone Like You / Keeping the Moon Flip Book” as Want to Read:
Someone Like You / Keeping the Moon Flip Book

Someone Like You / Keeping the Moon Flip Book

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  1,397 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Someone Like You
Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she's carrying his baby, she's devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Their friendship may bend under the weight, but it'll never break--because a true friendship is a
Published April 1st 2002 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about Someone Like You / Keeping the Moon Flip Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone Like You / Keeping the Moon Flip Book

Maggie
Dec 18, 2012 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Maggie Loving
English 1
Good Reads Book Review

“Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” That is my favorite quote from this book because it is so true. It will sums up the book because in the book it makes you realize how lost you would be without your best friend.
The book that I read was titled Some Like You by Sarah Dessen. She is my favorite author.
Of course your friendship with your long time best friend is going to change when her boyfriend gets killed in a motorcycle accid
Emma Lauren
Jul 14, 2016 Emma Lauren rated it it was ok
Let me start this review by stating that I will be reading Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen at a different time, and this is only a review of Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen. Keeping the Moon is the story of Colie, a girl with several self-esteem issues who travels to her estranged Aunt Mira's for the summer while her fitness fanatic mother does a workout tour across Europe. During her summer vacation, Colie gets a new job, makes some new friends, falls in love, and most importantly, learns ...more
Megan M.
Dec 03, 2007 Megan M. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teen girls
I really liked this book. It was about this girl, Halley who has a popular best friend. But in her softmore summer year, she changes and is now very distant with her mother. Her best friend gets pregnant and the father of her baby is dead (I'm not giving anything away, it says right on it what happens) and so now while she has to take care of her best friend she meets a boy, Macon, who is always in a lot of trouble. Halley finds herself getting in trouble and....you'll have to find out! Enjoy!
Belle
Apr 02, 2015 Belle rated it really liked it
amazing as alwayzzzzz
Nicole
Nov 22, 2016 Nicole rated it liked it
Keeping the moon

Enjoyed some quotes from the book specially regarding confidence. Greatly empowering and as always Dessen makes one reflect on one's own circumstances.
Caroline
Jan 08, 2013 Caroline rated it it was amazing
Caroline Fleming
Mr. Pollock
English 9-4
12 December 2012
Dessen, Sarah. Someone Like You. New York: Penguin, 1998. Print.

Sarah Dessen is like Taylor Swift but writes books instead of songs. I read a lot of
her books, and I want to read all of them. When I say Sarah Dessen is like a Taylor Swift who writes books, is that I laugh, understand, and sometimes I connect with the song or book and get into the song or book.

Sarah Dessen, who is 42, understands and gets us, teenage girls. She can make the r
Huiling_mei
May 06, 2008 Huiling_mei rated it it was ok
Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen is about two best friends. Scarlett is one who is popular where all the guys want, but her one and only true love dies from a car accident. He died the very next day and Scarlett is pregnant. On the other hand there’s Halley who is not so popular, just a normal high school girl, and she never had a real relationship until she meets thing boy Macon. While for Halley is almost killed because Macon pushes for sex and Halley says no, he goes off and drives fast. ...more
Mackychan41
Oct 30, 2015 Mackychan41 rated it really liked it
This book was really well written because it didn't make you wait it got right to the point. Also I liked this book because it had a lot of detail about the characters and the feeling. The author also described the setting really well. At the beginning of the book it made me so sad, because Halley and Scarlett have been friends since forever then when Halley gets a call from Scarlett while Halley was at a sleep away camp saying that Michael has died which was Scarlett's boyfriend, Halley rushes ...more
Nono
Oct 03, 2008 Nono rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabooks
Story of a young girl and her life, falling in love with a "bad boy" supporting her best friend through a teen pregnancy and most of all for me anyway her relationship with her Mom. As the Mom of a teenager it was good to be reminded of how hard and important it is for kids to break away from their parents. I saw both sides, remembering my own difficult teen years but also understanding the mother's views. This one will stick with me for awhile.
Samantha
Jun 05, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite authors and these two/one book(s) were the first I bought that got me hooked to her novels. I now own the books individually. Her stories are always about a strong female lead that overcomes obstacles and grows in the books. Written for young adults, but anyone is sure to enjoy them.
AnnaBnana
I liked this book. It was an easy read and pretty cute overall. I don't think this would be a gender crossover book. It's appeal is pretty solidly female. The characters work through a lot of drama; loss of a friend, pregnancy, tumultuous relationship, trouble with parents...perhaps it seems like a little much, but it didn't read melodramatically at all. I was a fan.
Amanda Sharp
Oct 16, 2016 Amanda Sharp rated it it was ok
I'm to sleepy to write a review that will help anyone, but I wanted to say this - I've lost hope in good reads. Books I love get 3 stars from everyone else and books like this, that I had to force myself to get through, have 4+. I have no idea what anyone could have possibly liked about this book. It's the 3rd book in a row ice read by this author, and definitely the last.
kendermouse
Oct 14, 2011 kendermouse rated it liked it
I found the way you flip over the book to read each story kind of interesting, and the stories weren't bad, if a bit standard fare.

I especially liked the hospital scene near the end of Someone Like You.
Amy
Jan 23, 2008 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-books
I did not like this book at first; I thought it was too "chic-lit" for my taste, but after the first few chapters, I really started to feel for the characters and appreciate the challenges and joys that they face. Thanks for the recommendation, friend! :)
Lorettajo Kapinos
Jan 09, 2010 Lorettajo Kapinos rated it liked it
I have only read "Someone Like you." I see now, after reading current young adult novels that this is where my writing voice falls.

It's light easy reading, with engaging characters. The main character experiences growth along with her best friend.
Imogen
Apr 21, 2008 Imogen rated it it was amazing
This book is sooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its kinda sad but super touching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im not gonna say what its about but i will say that its meant 4 older girls if u no wat i mean
Alex Nichols
May 14, 2008 Alex Nichols rated it it was amazing
This book is way to similar to my best friend and I. So other than the motorcycle crash, I am basically reading the story of my friendship.
Brittany
this is the best book in the world to me. i will never ever be able to live somewhere and not have it with me.
Kail
May 03, 2008 Kail rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE Someone Like You! It is such a cute book. I recommend it to any girl (or guy) who's ever had a best friend (and that is everybody...). So go out and read this book!!
Ammie
Apr 22, 2008 Ammie rated it really liked it
This was a very cute book. I just loved Halley and Scarlett! What great personalities these two have!
Hannahgrace
May 06, 2008 Hannahgrace rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls, mostly
Someone Like You is one of the best books EVER! i love Sarah Dessen, she is just amazing, and really lets you relate to the characters.
Jeanine
Aug 17, 2009 Jeanine rated it really liked it
I was pleasently surprised at how good this book turned out to be. I really loved how well I could connect with characters and their problems.
Amber
Dec 05, 2010 Amber rated it really liked it
I liked the ending the best. If I were to read it again, I would just read the ending. :) The begining just wasn't what I thought it would be. Good story. Awesome characters. The ending was good.
Passione
Nov 08, 2010 Passione rated it it was amazing
im glad in the end she decided not to have sex with him
and avoided him because he was a major risk
Stephanie
Jul 22, 2009 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I love this book because it is two books in one. You flip the book over and there is a totally different book to read.
Ellen
May 12, 2008 Ellen rated it it was amazing
i dont have the flip version, but i have both books. ive already added the keeping the moon one. I LOVE THIS BOOK DUUDE! (someone like you, not keeping the moon)
georgia ' jonas
Jun 10, 2009 georgia ' jonas rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 11 - 17 year olds.
Recommended to georgia ' jonas by: I found it
It's about a girl called Halley. Her going through the ups and downs of being sixteen. It's a really good book. read the blurb
Annie Cat
Annie Cat rated it it was ok
May 24, 2007
Bailey Beach
Bailey Beach rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2010
Cynthia Lynn
Cynthia Lynn rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2014
  • Sarah Dessen: From Burritos to Box Office
  • Twice Told: Original Stories Inspired by Original Artwork
  • Sixteen: Stories about That Sweet and Bitter Birthday
  • Sylvia and Ted
  • Boy Trouble (The 310, #3)
  • In the Space Left Behind
  • Lost Summer
  • Frost Bites (Edgar & Ellen Nodyssey, #2)
  • The Eggnog Chronicles
  • Like a Thorn
  • Flash Fire
  • This Year's Model
  • Hidden
  • Roommates
  • Kidnapped: His Innocent Mistress
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 11 (Nodame Cantabile, #11)
  • Remembering the Titanic