Start by marking “Nailbiter #1” as Want to Read:
Nailbiter #1

Nailbiter #1

Buckaroo, Oregon has given birth to sixteen of the vilest serial killers in the world. An obsessed FBI profiler investigating the town has suddenly gone missing, and now an NSA Agent must work with the notorious serial killer Edward "Nailbiter" Warren to find his friend and solve the mystery of "Where do serial killers come from?" "If Josh died I wish he'd leave NAILBITER ...more
Published May 7th 2014 by Image

To ask other readers questions about Nailbiter #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nailbiter #1

karen
 photo IMG_5352_zpshfcw6jkk.jpg

okay, so i'm just trying to get all my little bitty reviews out of the way now, while my brain is too preoccupied with baking and wrapping and WHERE HAS ALL THE SCOTCH TAPE GONE AND ALSO THE SCOTCH to focus on reviewing anything with a sustained narrative for adult readers that's more than twenty pages or so even though i am more than thirty reviews behind because i am suck.*

to wit: nailbiter

this is just the first comic book, so it's like thirty pages of tease, but i like where this is going. i
Kristen
Jul 27, 2015 Kristen rated it it was ok
I'm pretty sure it'll get better as it goes, but this is a decent start. If I liked reading horror stuff in my spare time, I'd probably pick this up.
Tiara
Buckaroo, Oregon has the distinction of being the place where sixteen of the world’s most atrocious serial killers hail from starting with a killer known as the Book Burner to their most recent nicknamed Nailbiter for the fact that he targeted people who chewed their nails. He would kidnap them, let their nails grow out, and chew them down to the bone before murdering them.

Army Intelligence agent, Nicholas Finch, travels to Buckaroo at the behest of his partner, Eliot Carroll, who believes he’s
Steven Shinder
Nov 11, 2015 Steven Shinder rated it it was amazing
Jenny Lynn
Apr 24, 2015 Jenny Lynn rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

Well that was weird.

The artwork was pretty gruesome but, given the subject matter, it fit. The storyline wasn't too bad though sometimes it got a little lackluster. And it seemed to take a while for the creepy/weird/Twin Peaks vibe to come in (which is sad because that's really why I requested this graphic novel in the first place) but once it did it was nicely creepy and interesting. I just wish there'd been more of it.

Not sure if I'll track down the other issues to check them out. It
Susan
Nov 02, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mature readers
Set in a small town , a raid and capture of a serial killer, Edward Charles Warren aka Nailbiter. His victims are nail chewers. He lets them grow their nails back and gnaws their nails to the bone. The FBI agent, Charles Kohl sees a link to this small town and serial killers. He calls in his friend, army intelligence, Nicholas Finch to help him find the answers. When Finch arrives, kohl has disappeared. Can Finch find help in this strange town?

The artist captures the mood of the small town perfe
Evelina
Jan 21, 2015 Evelina rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Pretty gruesome and intense artwork, yet an interesting read. You will definitely stop chewing on your nails after this comic, like you stopped saying Candyman thrice while looking into the mirror, out of fear of Candyman.
Why? Because serial killer Warren is after nail chewers. After kidnapping the victim, he holds them hostage for several days, allowing their nails to grow back, and then he himself chews them off again... But guess what? He is actually a good guy our cop has to work with in ord
Whitney
Oct 06, 2014 Whitney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
Sixteen of the worst serial killers were born and raised in a small-town called Buckeroo, Oregon. After the manhunt, capture, and acquittal of the sixteenth known as Nailbiter, the FBI Profiler responsible for his case becomes obsessed and goes missing in is search to uncover the link between monsters.

This series takes a look at the aftermath and stigma of having a high profile killer in your family tree and growing up along side a town of people bearing the same burdens. It's fascinating to see
Arsnoctis
May 29, 2016 Arsnoctis rated it it was ok
1.5 La premessa in realtá non é delle peggiori, promette di mostrare pessimi individui al loro peggio, il che potrebbe anche essere interessante, ma l'idea alla base del nailbiter mi é sembrata quantomeno debole. Non ho apprezzato la scelta di affiancare un tratto sottile e spigoloso a questo tipo di vicenda, né il fatto che a molte tavole sembri mancare qualcosa.

Non continueró la lettura di questa serie anche se l'indagine di fondo -caratterizzata dalla ricerca di un legame tra diversi assassi
Kevin Cortes
Apr 06, 2015 Kevin Cortes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
A town that breeds serial killers is an interesting concept that indeed will capture anyone's attention. Add in that catchy name "Buckaroo Butchers" that the media has called these serial killers.

This is worthy to be placed in your monthly pull list. A series that does not only involve a serial killer, but it talks more of the town that gave rise to 16 notorious serial killers. That alone would have sent our thrill seeking instinct up and our bets that this is going to be an awesome series.

Magdalena Wilson
Aug 01, 2015 Magdalena Wilson rated it liked it
As someone who been picking and biting their nails their entire life (my mom says she only had to clip my nails once during infancy) the concept was uniquely terrifying. The art wasn't bad either. I won't die if I never get the next issue, but it would be nice, and I'll most likely look into getting more in the future.
Kat Connors
Jul 09, 2015 Kat Connors rated it it was amazing
[ETA: This review is for VOLUME 1, not issue 1. My bad.]

Uuunngh. so. good. The art is dark and gritty and stunning and I LOVE the characters. If they ever make a movie, they need to cast Kim Rhodes as Sheriff Crane because she is totally Jodie Mills from. Supernatural. Will probably wind up going out and buying the second book today!
Melody Schreiber
I liked this more than I expected. I don't usually go for graphic/gratuitous violence, and I have little interest in serial killers. Yet the story and characters were compelling! I want to know what happens next.
Ty Wilson
Nov 16, 2015 Ty Wilson rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, 2015, comic-book
As a kid I read a ton of horror comics, so this one is right up my alley. A mystery set in a small Oregon town that has produced 16 serial killers. Great setting. I can't wait to see where it leads.
Sandra Shudy
Mar 24, 2015 Sandra Shudy rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I wasn't expecting this storyline from the title, but man was I impressed. Very unique and would like to read more to answer the question that Carroll was asking.
Pat
3.5 stars. Having devoured seven issues in two sittings today, my rating is for the series so far. Looking forward to next month’s issue.
Kyle
Kyle rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Daniel Drago
Daniel Drago rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
Andrea Franco
Andrea Franco rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Kyle Dinges
Kyle Dinges rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Joseph Silva
Joseph Silva rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Vipin   Kumar
Vipin Kumar rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Damion Cavicchio
Damion Cavicchio rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Conor Callahan
Conor Callahan rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Kabuki
Kabuki rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Layn
Layn rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Gino Cioffi
Gino Cioffi rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
  • Box Nine
  • Grant Morrison's 18 Days
  • The Marquis Volume 1: Inferno
  • Twisted Dark, Volume 1
  • Wayward, Volume Two: Ties That Bind (Wayward, #2)
  • Altmann's Tongue: Stories and a Novella