Start by marking “Nameless (Less Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nameless (Less Series, #2)

Nameless (Less Series #2)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  294 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews

Published February 5th 2008 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Nameless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nameless

Jebe
Jul 07, 2008 Jebe rated it really liked it
Right at the end of this one...it's pretty engrossing if you like fast-paced romantic suspense. There were a few things that I found unbelievable and pulled me out of the story, but at least I'm planning on finishing it! That's more than I can say about any other RS books I've read lately.

I finished it last night! It was totally full of plot holes, but it was so fast moving that most of them I really didn't have time to dwell on. The only thing that really bothered me was that whole scenario w/t
MuchAdo
May 11, 2014 MuchAdo rated it it was ok
Dorothea Müller
Vivian Grace erster Fall und der einzige der helfen kann ist der Ex-FBI- Agent Ryan McBride. Doch der Kidnapper hat erst gerade angefangen. Er scheint alle dunkelsten Geheimnisse zu kennen, auch die von Vivian und Ryan, ein Wettlauf mit der Zeit beginnt.

Was wie ein normaler Thriller/ Krimi beginn, hat einen sehr schnell in seinem Bann. Nicht nur die Geheimnisse von Vivian, sondern auch das Ego von Ryan lassen die Spannung immer stärker werde. Der Kidnapper macht das ganze noch viel interessanter
ElaineY
I was (pleasantly) surprised by the sexual chemistry between the H&H throughout this fast-paced FBI romance because neither sex nor romance is the priority for these two protagonists. Yet Webb managed to make the pages burn without interrupting the suspense thread.

An excellent RS read for me!
Evelyn Bryant
Jul 16, 2012 Evelyn Bryant rated it it was ok
Started out fine, slowed to a crawl, picked back up and repeated itself. FBI folk with baggage meet each other and try to solve the crimes and empty the baggage. First time trying this author and last. Not enough oomph to pull me into the story.
Karen
Oct 06, 2012 Karen rated it it was ok
Disappointing.
The first two chapters showed real promise but then the author got ADD and tried to put too too much into one book. There was so much so fast I never felt any sense of suspense.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Feb 11, 2015 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS

"Vivian Grace is an FBI rookie on a mission: To hunt down a kidnapper—with all her heart. Because for Vivian, herself a victim of a vicious kidnapping years ago, this case is about more than justice. This time, it’s personal.

Ryan McBride is an ex-agent who was scapegoated three years ago for a kidnapping case gone fatally wrong. Since then, he has been drinking himself into oblivion, trying to forget the past. Until Vivian shows up at his door and knocks him head-first into the present.
Toni
Oct 14, 2011 Toni rated it it was amazing
This is a tense thriller and the two main characters are very likable—dedicated, determined to see this through, they’ve both been nearly destroyed by traumatic events in their lives but have adapted and continued living, Ryan not very well, Vivian much better. Their attraction to each other is to be expected and the banter between the two, sometimes sexual to the point of insult, tells the reader that sooner or later, the two are going to end up in the sack together. They end up together severa ...more
Kathrynn
Aug 30, 2008 Kathrynn rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by this author and I will definitely read more. Very well written, nice dialogue, great characters that developed well throughout the story, excellent suspense...

The story centered around an FBI field office in Birmingham, Alabama and Ryan McBride (former FBI agent) was summoned by a serial kidnapper that claimed to be his "devoted fan." Lots of twists and turns, several sit on the edge of your seat cases to solve. I liked that the book gave the timeline at the beg
RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
Novice FBI investigator heroine is assigned to work with resentful former top-FBI investigator Hero who was fired 3 yrs ago due to a botched investigation. Hero's assistance in the investigation was required by scrupulous kidnapper of a young child. During their pursuit of serial kidnapper's tracks, heroine tries to keep their relationship professional but their mutual attraction as well as a resurgence of her past trauma draws her closer to him.

This Webb book had an exciting action-suspense par
Wendy
Jul 20, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
My friend Rachel is like me in that she likes to tell people what to read. This was one of her suggestions.

I really liked this book because while it could have been cheesy since it's part mystery and part romance it isn't like the Harlequin book it could have turned into.

The relationship between Grace and McBride doesn't have that overly romantic dribble that makes a lot of romances feel forced and fake. The mystery wasn't overly simple and the story behind the crimes had depth. It didn't feel
Amy
Mar 03, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Three years ago a kidnapping case went sour as did FBI Special Agent Ryan McBride's career. To forget the past, he spends all his time in the Florida Keys smoking, drinking and whoring (for lack of a better word).

That is until Special Agent Vivian Grace shows up at his door and knocks him head first into the present. A child has been kidnapped and the kidnapper will only deal with Agent McBride, but there's a hitch -- the kidnapper is using McBride's & Grace's darkest secrets against them an
Colleen
Mar 18, 2009 Colleen rated it really liked it
I liked Traceless better, but this one was still a very good RS book. I do not, however, see how they are a series - there were no characters from the first book whatsoever. So reading order is not a problem is this "series" - if you even want to call it that. Great suspense, but I agree the with another reviewer that there is not a whole lot of romance in this one. Still a wonderful read!
Ryann Murphy
Mar 03, 2008 Ryann Murphy rated it liked it
Former disgraced FBI Special Agent Ryan MacBride and rookie agent with a frightening past Vivian Grace become unlikely partners as an unknown suspect terrorizes a city in this romantic thriller. Steamier than Nora Noberts, this pageturner had a suspenseful, tension filled mystery that kept me engaged to the very end. I'll look for more of this author in the future.
Lhenry
Feb 10, 2012 Lhenry rated it really liked it
Not super original, but following the trail of the killer was interesting, the action scenes were quite exciting, and the characters were a good match. So often the hero who is disillusioned and finding refuge in booze is so harsh or mean spirited that I don't see what the heroine sees in him but this one was appealing. Nice climax in this one too.
Marti
Apr 05, 2009 Marti rated it really liked it
This is a fairly new book which didn't even look opened when I got it at a book sale. Unless the person didn't like thrillers, I'm, surprised that it got donated.

It rather good at keeping you reading, with several plot twists and turns. The villain is rather inventive, and the two investigators share a lot of sexual tension, etc.
Dawn Kunda
Jan 25, 2010 Dawn Kunda rated it it was amazing
A twisted plot with an unusual villain. His crimes are only the fillers in between the hints the FBI hero and heroine unravel to figure out who he is.
Natalie Collins
Aug 26, 2008 Natalie Collins rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves Romantic Suspense
Excellent book. Debra Webb, who is already a hugely prolific and accomplished author, is well on her way to fame with this one. Impossible to put down.
Toshia Woodard
Dec 04, 2013 Toshia Woodard rated it it was amazing
I love the Faces of Evil Series. It is the best series I have read. With that being said, Nameless is my favorite book written by Mrs. Webb!
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Debra Webb's Less series. A nicely paced romantic suspense. It had the balance I liked between the romance and suspense.
Ratforce
Nameless by Debra Webb is a mystery/thriller with a splash of romance to keep things interesting.
Vicki Hinze
Oct 14, 2011 Vicki Hinze rated it it was amazing
I've read a LOT of Debra Webb novels and this is one of my favorites--positively chilling.
Debra
Aug 12, 2014 Debra added it
not bad.
Michelle
Dec 13, 2010 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves:
predictable but fun... don't read it if you don't want sorta explicit sex.
Michele
Jun 13, 2013 Michele rated it really liked it
2nd book in the trilogy; deliciously shivery!
Sherri
Nov 05, 2011 Sherri rated it really liked it
A great quick read thriller!!!
Pam
Mar 04, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read
03/03/08 rec via pbs
penelopewanders
Apr 18, 2011 penelopewanders rated it really liked it
Good suspenseful read...
winnie j. bock
winnie j. bock rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Carol Moller
Carol Moller rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
  • Missing
  • Joanna's Husband and David's Wife
  • Wrong Place, Wrong Time
  • Sighs Matter
  • Impulse
  • Scent of a Killer
  • Night's Pawn (Shadowrun, #10)
  • Now You Die (Bullet Catcher, #6)
  • Sacred Ground
  • The Perfect Liar (The Last Stand, #5)
  • Always Look Twice (Callahan Brothers, #3)
  • Family Secrets: The Path to Self-Acceptance and Reunion
  • Cutting Loose (Steele Street, #8)
  • Come Up and See Me Sometime (CIS Duo, #1)
  • The Vines of Yarrabee
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • No One Heard Her Scream (No One, #1)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
DEBRA WEBB is the USA Today bestselling author of more than 100 novels, including reader favorites the Faces of Evil and the Colby Agency series. She is the recipient of the prestigious Romantic Times Career Achievement Award for Romantic Suspense as well as numerous Reviewers Choice Awards. In 2012 Debra was honored as the first recipient of the esteemed L. A. Banks Warrior Woman Award for her co ...more
More about Debra Webb...

Less Series (3 books)
  • Traceless (Less Series, #1)
  • Faceless (Less Series, #3)