Start by marking “Sacrament (Companion, #xx)” as Want to Read:
Sacrament (Companion, #xx)

Sacrament (Companion 0)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Unable to forget his unnatural and searing kiss, Sarah escapes to Bath to elude Davinoff, the dark and sensual lord feared by the ton, who mesmerizes her with his strength, power, and beauty, forcing her to surrender to his love, which could be the death of her body or the salvation of her soul. Original.
Published April 1st 2007 by Love Spell (first published March 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrament, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrament

Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated"
I've read one of the Companion Vampires series before and thought it was okay, so I wasn't expecting much from this prequel. Wow! Was I thrown for a loop!

This book was so much more than what I was expecting. The storyline wasn't just a vehicle for a vampire romance. It was in depth. In fact, the romance happened so slowly as to almost be an afterthought. I really, really enjoyed this. It makes me hope that the 2-3 star book The Hunger that I had read previously was an aberration.
Emily
Oh, Sacrament. Sacrament, Sacrament, Sacrament. I’d heard such good things about you before I finally read you, and I seriously feel let down, in more ways than just one.

This book had an identity crisis almost from page one. What kind of book is Sacrament? Who knows? Frankly, who cares? As a whole, this book had such potential, and all of it was squandered mercilessly.

The first part of the book introduces the motley crew of characters and sends Sarah Ashton, a supposedly independent and self-suf
Katie
I picked this book up for $1 and it was well worth it!! The book was a wild ride with lots of action sequences and it never held still. I am not sure if it is the writer or the fact that it was written 13 years ago but I feel like today the book would have stopped after the first arc and there would have been more introspective from the leads. I love that there was some introspect but it wasn't 3/4 of the book. This book was perfect for me!
Kim Shumaker
I chose this book for a reading challenge and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It is a prequel book to the Companion Vampire series. The book could be classified as a paranormal & historical romance. I enjoyed the twist on what causes one to become a vampire as it allows the reader to see it in a different light. I'm slightly skeptical on the continuation of the series as each one can be treated as a stand-alone novel but I am hoping that there will be some overlapping of characters a ...more
Angarad
Really good book.
The beginning might be a bit slow but you get to follow in details the different sides of the story. Sarah and Julien's love was not an easy one, even in the end. But the way its slowly develop and evolve gives you hope.
I had some trouble appreciatingvSarah's personnality in the first half. She is so weak and silent, you wished she would just throw everything away and speak her mind for once. It takes some time to get to that point but you don t regret the wait. As for Julien,
Brandi Wamsley
Pretty good for a vampire romance. Puts a new spin on the vampire origin story.
Kathy Davie
Part of the Companion series, found information somewhere that claims this is a prequel.

It just amazes me how many different vampire worlds authors create...it blows my mind.

Squires has a unique twist---part monk, part virus.
Elizabeth
A very good historical paranormal. I read it in one great rush, and found myself compelled to continue reading late into the night. I'm not overly fond of vampires and/or vampire romances, but this one I enjoyed.
Debbie Robson
Sep 01, 2012 Debbie Robson marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Anne
I loved this book. I thought it was very well done. Looking forward to reading all of her books.
Megan L Harnett
Megan L Harnett marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Lexy Pislaan
Lexy Pislaan marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
NIWAMANYA DESIRE
NIWAMANYA DESIRE marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Deb
Deb added it
Jul 21, 2015
Shantell Kuik
Shantell Kuik marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Jackie Martin
Jackie Martin marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Marijke
Marijke marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
  • Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings / Fate Calls (The Calling #6.5)
  • Daughter of the Blood (The Gifted #2)
  • Come to Me
  • The Trelayne Inheritance
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • Once a Wolf (Historical Werewolf, #2)
  • My Immortal Protector (MacDonell Brides #4)
  • Ricochet (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #1)
  • Deeper Than the Night
  • Broken Silence
  • From the Mists of Wolf Creek
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • Zombie Moon
  • Walk In Beauty (Rainsinger, #1)
  • Night Mischief (Dark Enchantments #3)
  • Aftershock
  • A Warrior's Passion (Warrior, #9)
  • Demon's Hunger (Compact of Sorcerers, #2)
Susan Squires is a NYT bestselling author known for breaking the rules of romance. Whatever her time period or subject, some element of the paranormal creeps in. She has won multiple contests for published novels and reviewer's choice awards. Publisher's Weekly named Body Electric one of the ten most influential mass market books and One with the Shadows a Best Book. Time for Eternity received a s ...more
More about Susan Squires...

Companion (9 books)
  • Sacrilege (Companion, #0.5)
  • The Companion (Companion, #1)
  • The Hunger (Companion, #2)
  • The Burning (Companion, #3)
  • One With the Night (Companion, #4)
  • One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)
  • One With the Darkness (Companion, #6)
  • Time For Eternity (Da Vinci Time Travel, #2)
The Companion (Companion, #1) The Burning (Companion, #3) The Hunger (Companion, #2) One With the Night (Companion, #4) One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)