Start by marking “Peekaboo Bedtime” as Want to Read:
Peekaboo Bedtime

Peekaboo Bedtime

This companion to the beloved Peekaboo Morning takes children through the evening of the same adorable toddler, who plays peekaboo with everyone from his grandparents to his puppy, until it’s finally time to snuggle into bed with his blankie. Visual clues leading into each page turn, the repetition of the phrase “Peekaboo, I see . . .” and Rachel Isadora’s gorgeous illustr ...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Putnam Juvenile (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Peekaboo Bedtime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peekaboo Bedtime

Tasha
Sep 11, 2008 Tasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A game of peekaboo leads to bedtime through the eyes of a precious toddler. Set in the evening, the little one peeks and finds grandparents, the moon, a cat, a puppy, a rubber duckie, and finally blankie and bed. Done with a wonderful spirit and gentle sense of fun, this book captures the surprise of peekaboo with a delightfully small group of words.

Isadora's vibrant and luscious paintings are pitch perfect and capture glimpses of the child's loving family and a gentle, caring feel. With large f
jacky
May 03, 2010 jacky rated it it was ok
We have played peekaboo a lot with Natalie, so I thought this could be a fun one to read with her. But, it was a let down. There were two main reasons. First, the boy in the book sees hints as to what is hiding in the pictures, but even as an adult, I had a lot of trouble guessing what he was going to find. Some were more obvious (like the cat) but the people, the moon, his slippers? The second fault of this book was the way it was laid out. It made sense to turn the page and see what was ...more
Sarah Sammis
Jan 10, 2011 Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it
Rachel Isadora is one of Harriet's current favorite authors. She loves the playful illustrations and the fact that books are easy enough for her to read by herself.

Peekaboo Bedtime is a bedtime story staring the same child as Uh Oh! (Review coming). It's also apparently a follow up to Peekaboo Morning but we haven't read that book yet. The book goes through the routine of getting a toddler ready for bed but with the peekaboo game thrown in for laughs.

What the boy is looking at is revealed with a
Karawan
This one was okay, but it was the last book read at a storytime where all the books had a bedtime theme and most of the babies (including my own) had lost interest and were wandering around.

We've read "peekaboo" books that we like better and we've read "bedtime" books that we like better but it was interesting that this one combined the two. I'll give it 3 stars for being okay... nothing specific to criticize but not really memorable either.
Monique Smith
This story follows the bedtime routine of a toddler as he prepares for bedtime. It is great for young children as a read aloud. The text offers a repetitive text peek-a-boo and an object. The illustrations are easy for children to predict what the object is before they turn the page which helps students be included.
The objects included in the story are things that are universal and children could relate. Some examples are parents, family, and pets.
Kelly
Jul 19, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: raml
I really like this one. The illustrations are beautiful. The story is simplistic but can be fun to share in storytime or with your child at home. You can't always spot the item that baby is looking for, but sometimes you can such as the cat, or his grandmother. It's a fun way to initiate playtime with little ones.
Becky
May 23, 2009 Becky rated it really liked it
My the crowd at my Lil' Peeps storytime was enthralled with this Peek-a-boo story. They loved guessing what the little girl was seeing. Some of the pictures had better clues than others, and I let the kids use those clues to guess.
Jackie
Sep 21, 2009 Jackie rated it liked it
Peekaboo, I see...and the next page reveals a person, object, or other nighttime event that helps a young girl get ready for bedtime. Simple text, expressive illustrations make this a perfect bedtime story for little ones.

Use for 11/2009 Family Jammie Storytime.
Lisa
Apr 13, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it
A great idea, but some of the pictures are hard to guess what is next. Especially the moon and the slippers.
I liked the idea and the illustrations were good, but not very entertaining for the kids because of how hard it is to guess what comes next.
Sarah Souther
A toddler plays "Peekaboo" with the world around him and turns up some suprises. The repetition of "Peekaboo!" and richly-colored pastels showing familiar things and people's expressive faces is sure to engage very young readers. Preschool.
Liesel
May 27, 2014 Liesel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: preschool
Age range: 0-2
Literacy skill: Print awareness, print motivation

The words "Peekaboo! I see..." repeat and the child in book sees lots of familiar people and things from grandparents to the moon. This is one that the very young will recognize and relate to.
June
Mar 03, 2016 June rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: librarians, parents & toddler caregivers
Isadora's Peekaboo books work really well for Lap Time. Most parent's participate helping their babies play peekaboo along with the story. 4/8/12

Used again for a Peekaboo PJ Story Time 1/29/13

Used for my peekaboo lap time again.
Paula
Jul 27, 2012 Paula rated it liked it
A toddler plays peekaboo with parents, grandparents, toys, and the moon while getting ready for bed.
Jenny
Dec 27, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
The kids loved this one. They memorized the story and liked searching for the hidden items in the story.
Beth
Mar 19, 2009 Beth rated it really liked it
Another charming Rachel Isadora book-her illustrations of a preschooler, her family and surroundings are adorable as ever. Short and simple enough for infant/toddler storytimes.
Breanna Weston
Breanna Weston rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Sarah Stumphf
Jul 23, 2013 Sarah Stumphf rated it liked it
Not much of a story, per se, but my son did enjoy how many times I had to say "Peekaboo"!
Kerri Hall
Kerri Hall rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Sonia Allison
Sonia Allison rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2014
Erin
Nov 12, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Play peekaboo AND read! Repetition and sight words for the little one---not to mention FUN for all.
Chris Anderson
Chris Anderson rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Marcie
Marcie rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2013
Gail
Jun 24, 2009 Gail rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Bright colorful pictures. Good for my 19 month old.
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2011
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2010
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2009
Monique Welch
Monique Welch rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rachel Isadora is an award-winning children's author and illustrator. She has written children's books on multiple topics including ballet, life in America and Africa, and has illustrated several Brother Grimm tales in an African setting. She is most well-known for her Caldecott Honor Award book "Ben's Trumpet". She was a ballet dancer before she became an illustrator and children's writer.
More about Rachel Isadora...