Start by marking “Arnie and His School Tools: Simple Sensory Solutions That Build Success” as Want to Read:
Arnie and His School Tools: Simple Sensory Solutions That Build Success

Arnie and His School Tools: Simple Sensory Solutions That Build Success

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  48 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Discusses about an exuberant little boy who had difficulty paying attention in class and doing his school work until he was equipped with the tools to accommodate his sensory needs. This book describes some of the sensory tools and strategies he uses at school and home to help him achieve an optimal level of alertness and performance.
Published January 1st 2008 by Autism Asperger Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Arnie and His School Tools, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arnie and His School Tools

Kerry
Jan 04, 2014 Kerry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: therapy, children
I love this book. I work with a lot of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and this book is useful in helping them to identify what it is like for them in the classroom. The great thing about it is that it is not just a story book, the strategies that Arnie uses to cope are fantastic and work for most children. The pictures and colours used are lovely. And I highly recommend this book to parents, teachers, psychologists like myself and other specialists who work with children with sensory in ...more
Kelcey Murdoch
Mar 21, 2014 Kelcey Murdoch rated it really liked it
This is a cute book about how various 'tools' can be used to help kids with sensory integration dysfunction be able to focus and attend better in school.
Mie
Apr 08, 2010 Mie rated it really liked it
Great book for the classroom and other friends/family members who need an understanding of a child with sensory processing disorder.
In the back of the book you will find: Recommended resources for teachers and parents, useful websites and recommended children books.
Very helpful.
Jenna
Jan 05, 2012 Jenna rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry!! It's so my Logan!! I'm going to buy a copy of this book. It's a short picture book but it is Sensory Processing Disorder in a nutshell. It gives some great ideas on things that kids who have S.P.D. can use to help them focus. Seriously awesome!
Angela
I’m a school counselor and I bought this book to use with my kids. It’s great! The kids can relate to the main character and we use many of the “school tools” in my school. I highly recommend this book!
The Styling Librarian
May 20, 2012 The Styling Librarian rated it really liked it
I like the school tools listed. I had a few "fidgets" for students to hold when I was teaching in a classroom vs. the library.
Abby Pooch
Abby Pooch rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Saundra W. Grace
Saundra W. Grace rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Mary Farrell
Mary Farrell rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Adbeau
Adbeau rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Holly Rich
Holly Rich rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
Vicki Van Cleave
Vicki Van Cleave rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2015
Yannibean
Yannibean marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Angelika Antoni
Angelika Antoni rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Sharalyn
Sharalyn marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Camille Rodda
Camille Rodda marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Sheela Rao
Sheela Rao rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Stephaney
Stephaney marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Amy Andersen
Amy Andersen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Doug C
Doug C rated it liked it
May 01, 2015
AAPC Publishing
AAPC Publishing rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2015
Mandy Lovell
Mandy Lovell rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015