Start by marking “Sea City, Here We Come! (Babysitters Club Special, #10)” as Want to Read:
Sea City, Here We Come! (Babysitters Club Special, #10)

Sea City, Here We Come! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special #10)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  720 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Every summer the Pikes rent a house right on the ocean in Sea City, New Jersey. And they bring two sitters along to take care of the Pike kids. Only this time, the whole entire Baby-sitters Club is going!

Mary Anne shows Logan all the sites - the beach, the boardwalk, the infamous Tunnel of Luv. Mallory gets asked out on a date (except it's with Stacey's ex-boyfriend!). And

Published (first published July 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Sea City, Here We Come!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea City, Here We Come!

Matilda by Roald DahlScary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin SchwartzCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlHarriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
90s Kids
149th out of 154 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Ciara
the babysitters club once again exercises its bizarre ability to get adults to take them on free vacations. its summertime again (already?) & the pikes are returning to their annual rental home in sea city. this time, they have enlisted mallory as a mother's helper (what happened to wanting mallory to be able to enjoy her vacation without having to look after her siblings?), & she petitioned for jessi to be the other mother's helper. the barretts have also decided to spend two weeks in s...more
Laura Hughes
Summer fun! Boring, boring summer fun.

This year, the whole club is visiting that favorite BSCiverse fake Jersey Shore tourist trap, Sea City. Mallory and Jessi are Mother's Helping the Pikes, the way Stacey and Mary Anne used to do, and Stacey is Mother's Helping the Barretts, who have rented a neighboring house. The others also drop by for a week for some reason. The storylines are:

Mallory is hit on by Toby, the guy who liked Stacey in Boy-Crazy Stacey and Mary Anne and Too Many Boys, and even...more
Halida
My third book so far in 2013 :-)
This time, the WHOLE Baby-Sitters Club was going to Sea City to sit for the Pikes and the Barretts. Even Logan came to spend a weekend as a guest.
Personally, this one is not my favorite. It's good to see the girls growing up, like, for example Mallory had her first summer fling in Sea City. I also like that it's written in more point of views than usual. I like the first chapter from the point of view of Logan a.k.a. the sweetest boyfriend best (the second time he...more
Felishaa ' Mariee
EVERY SUMMER,THE PIKES RENT A HOUSE RIGHT ON THE OCEAN IN SEA CITY, NEW JERSEY.AND THEY BRING TOW SITTERS ALONG TO TAKE CARE OF THE PIKE KIDS.ONLY THIS TIME,THE WHOLE ENTIRE BABY-SITTERS CLUB IS GOING!
MARY ANNE SHOWS LONGAN ALL THE STIES-THE BEACH,THE BORADWALK,THE INFAMOUS TUNNEL OF LUV.MALLORY GETS ASKED OUT ON A DATE [EXECEPT IT'S WITH STACEY'S EX-BOYFRIEND!:].AND JESSI'S BUSY BEING SEA CITY SUPER SITTER.IN FACT, THE BABY-SITTERS ARE HAVING SO MUCH FUN,NO ONE'S NOTICED THAT GIGANTIC HURRICANE...more
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the...more
Kate
I am not sure why this visit to Sea City gets a Super Special, when some of the baby-sitters have been several times (ahem, Stacey and Mary Anne!). Yet again, these kids get some sweet sitting jobs that let them go on great vacations. Kids? In reality? THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN.
Yesenia
I enjoyed this books because it made me feel like I was part of the story. I like this book because it made me want to go to the beach. I was about young girls working and having fun adventures at the same time.
Jaye
MEMORIES!!!

I loved this whole series as a child. This had to be my favorite, though. All the super specials were great. Who couldn't forget the friends I had in Stacy and Claudia, Kristie and Mary Ann. Love it!
Rylee
This book is super exiting because the BSC and some of their charges family's are stuck in a hurricane!! I would NOT like to be in that situation but as usual the BSC find a great way to keep everybody calm!!
Maria M. Elmvang
I remembered this as being quite a bit better. A horse-and-buggy? Really? Inviting all the BSC along on vacation for no special reason? Really? I just may be getting too old for some of these...
Sally
Seriously, I want to become a baby-sitter for parents who gladly take heaps of sitters ("mother's helpers") along with them on their fancy summer holidays!
Rebecca
More fun only in a different location, it even includes a minor natural disaster which of course doesn't phase our heroes!
Nancy
In which the gang heads to Sea City and a hurricane fails to blow them all away. Way to go, hurricane.
Jackie Krasuski
What young girl did not love the Baby-Sitters Club and Karen, the Baby-Sitters Little Sister?
Sanjana
OH MY GOD , THIS IS LITERALLY MY CHILDHOOD CATCHING UP WITH ME ! Cue 10 year old me squealing now.
Lucy
Dec 30, 2009 Lucy added it
Shelves: childhoodreads
I loved the specials, I'd get them for doing chores in the summer.
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Rhianna Neel
Rhianna Neel marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Ds
Ds marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Brittany Klocke
Brittany Klocke marked it as to-read
Rachel
Rachel is currently reading it
Debs
Debs added it
Oct 14, 2014
  • The Middle School Gets Married (Sweet Valley Twins and Friends #68)
  • The New You (Girl Talk, #3)
  • Starlight Christmas (Saddle Club, #13)
  • Battlecry Forever! (Thoroughbred: Ashleigh's Collection)

Ann gets the ideas for her books from many different places. Some are based on personal experiences, while others are based on childhood me...more
More about Ann M. Martin...
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray A Corner of the Universe The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)