Start by marking “Sea City, Here We Come! (Babysitters Club Special, #10)” as Want to Read:
Sea City, Here We Come! (Babysitters Club Special, #10)

Sea City, Here We Come! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special #10)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  811 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Every summer the Pikes rent a house right on the ocean in Sea City, New Jersey. And they bring two sitters along to take care of the Pike kids. Only this time, the whole entire Baby-sitters Club is going!

Mary Anne shows Logan all the sites - the beach, the boardwalk, the infamous Tunnel of Luv. Mallory gets asked out on a date (except it's with Stacey's ex-boyfriend!). And

Published (first published July 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Sea City, Here We Come!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea City, Here We Come!

Matilda by Roald DahlCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteFrom the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. KonigsburgJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
90s Kids
153rd out of 156 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Ciara
the babysitters club once again exercises its bizarre ability to get adults to take them on free vacations. its summertime again (already?) & the pikes are returning to their annual rental home in sea city. this time, they have enlisted mallory as a mother's helper (what happened to wanting mallory to be able to enjoy her vacation without having to look after her siblings?), & she petitioned for jessi to be the other mother's helper. the barretts have also decided to spend two weeks in s ...more
Laura Hughes
Mar 14, 2013 Laura Hughes rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: babysitters-club
Summer fun! Boring, boring summer fun.

This year, the whole club is visiting that favorite BSCiverse fake Jersey Shore tourist trap, Sea City. Mallory and Jessi are Mother's Helping the Pikes, the way Stacey and Mary Anne used to do, and Stacey is Mother's Helping the Barretts, who have rented a neighboring house. The others also drop by for a week for some reason. The storylines are:

Mallory is hit on by Toby, the guy who liked Stacey in Boy-Crazy Stacey and Mary Anne and Too Many Boys, and even
Halida
Jan 20, 2013 Halida rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
My third book so far in 2013 :-)
This time, the WHOLE Baby-Sitters Club was going to Sea City to sit for the Pikes and the Barretts. Even Logan came to spend a weekend as a guest.
Personally, this one is not my favorite. It's good to see the girls growing up, like, for example Mallory had her first summer fling in Sea City. I also like that it's written in more point of views than usual. I like the first chapter from the point of view of Logan a.k.a. the sweetest boyfriend best (the second time he
Felishaa ' Mariee
Jan 04, 2011 Felishaa ' Mariee rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
EVERY SUMMER,THE PIKES RENT A HOUSE RIGHT ON THE OCEAN IN SEA CITY, NEW JERSEY.AND THEY BRING TOW SITTERS ALONG TO TAKE CARE OF THE PIKE KIDS.ONLY THIS TIME,THE WHOLE ENTIRE BABY-SITTERS CLUB IS GOING!
MARY ANNE SHOWS LONGAN ALL THE STIES-THE BEACH,THE BORADWALK,THE INFAMOUS TUNNEL OF LUV.MALLORY GETS ASKED OUT ON A DATE [EXECEPT IT'S WITH STACEY'S EX-BOYFRIEND!:].AND JESSI'S BUSY BEING SEA CITY SUPER SITTER.IN FACT, THE BABY-SITTERS ARE HAVING SO MUCH FUN,NO ONE'S NOTICED THAT GIGANTIC HURRICANE
Jenny
5 opinion
April
Jun 01, 2013 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, childrens

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Julianna
Aug 21, 2015 Julianna rated it it was amazing
Kate
I am not sure why this visit to Sea City gets a Super Special, when some of the baby-sitters have been several times (ahem, Stacey and Mary Anne!). Yet again, these kids get some sweet sitting jobs that let them go on great vacations. Kids? In reality? THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN.
Yesenia
Sep 16, 2012 Yesenia rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this books because it made me feel like I was part of the story. I like this book because it made me want to go to the beach. I was about young girls working and having fun adventures at the same time.
Jaye
Sep 13, 2007 Jaye rated it it was amazing
MEMORIES!!!

I loved this whole series as a child. This had to be my favorite, though. All the super specials were great. Who couldn't forget the friends I had in Stacy and Claudia, Kristie and Mary Ann. Love it!
Rylee
Oct 03, 2013 Rylee rated it it was amazing
This book is super exiting because the BSC and some of their charges family's are stuck in a hurricane!! I would NOT like to be in that situation but as usual the BSC find a great way to keep everybody calm!!
Maria Elmvang
I remembered this as being quite a bit better. A horse-and-buggy? Really? Inviting all the BSC along on vacation for no special reason? Really? I just may be getting too old for some of these...
Sally
Seriously, I want to become a baby-sitter for parents who gladly take heaps of sitters ("mother's helpers") along with them on their fancy summer holidays!
Rebecca
More fun only in a different location, it even includes a minor natural disaster which of course doesn't phase our heroes!
Nancy
Nov 01, 2013 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rereading
In which the gang heads to Sea City and a hurricane fails to blow them all away. Way to go, hurricane.
Jackie Krasuski
Jul 24, 2011 Jackie Krasuski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What young girl did not love the Baby-Sitters Club and Karen, the Baby-Sitters Little Sister?
Sanjana
Jan 25, 2013 Sanjana rated it really liked it
OH MY GOD , THIS IS LITERALLY MY CHILDHOOD CATCHING UP WITH ME ! Cue 10 year old me squealing now.
Lucy
Dec 30, 2009 Lucy added it
Shelves: childhoodreads
I loved the specials, I'd get them for doing chores in the summer.
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 Amy Holcomb rated it it was amazing
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Sarah Heukrath
Sarah Heukrath rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Elyse
Elyse added it
May 19, 2016
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
May 08, 2016
Jeni Anning
Jeni Anning rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
MJ Schwartz
MJ Schwartz marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
  • The Middle School Gets Married (Sweet Valley Twins and Friends #68)
  • The New You (Girl Talk, #3)
  • Dead Heat (Thoroughbred, #35)
  • Team Play (Saddle Club, #15)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Baby-Sitters on Board! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #1)
  • Baby-Sitters' Summer Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #2)
  • Baby-Sitters' Winter Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #3)
  • Baby-sitters' Island Adventure (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #4)
  • California Girls! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #5)
  • New York, New York! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #6)
  • Snowbound (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #7)
  • Baby-sitters at Shadow Lake (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #8)
  • Starring the Baby-sitters Club! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #9)
  • The Baby-Sitters Remember (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #11)