Start by marking “Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 2 (Boys Over Flowers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 2 (Boys Over Flowers, #2)

Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 2 (Boys Over Flowers #2)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  1,419 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Series Description: Tsukushi Makino has been accepted into the snobbish Eitoku academy. From a middle-class background and poor compared to her classmates, Tsukushi is determined to get her diploma. Standing in her way is the gang known as F4 -- four handsome but vicious rich boys who rule the school and attack anyone who gets in their way This popular series features dram ...more
Published October 8th 2003 by VIZ Media (first published January 25th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Boys Over Flowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boys Over Flowers

Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
He he he! I really liked that ending. This is a very funny manga. Domyoji and Tsukushi are simply amazing, even if he's acting on a sister complex. And Rui is just there to spice things up between the two main characters. Love it!

This is a better soap-opera than The Royals series.
Amy M.
May 03, 2009 Amy M. rated it it was ok
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
Mar 11, 2016 Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, 2016
2 stars. Ehhh, this might've been a mistake. Reading the manga doesn't have the same emotional impact. There is a really terrible scene of pretty much the entire student body bullying these two kids and it gets looked over and treated like nothing. No one has a reaction to anything and it's unsettling. This whole volume just rubbed me the wrong way and damn Tsukushi's parents. What a couple of dimwits. I'm going to read on because I know how it wraps up in the end but it's making me feel a littl ...more
Miss
Mar 04, 2014 Miss rated it liked it
reading this after getting into homestuck is way fun, you would not believe how well these kids relationships fit into quadrants

like clearly tsukasa started off pitch for tsukishi and this is his horribly messed up way of trying to net a kismesis

and the manga is like his troubles with quadrant blurring because he kinda flips red occasionally but mostly stays black

tsukishi is not at all torn, she definitely hates him but also would be super happy to get an auspictice and not have to deal with him
Rosa
Jan 11, 2014 Rosa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, manga
-¿Qué es lo que no te gusta de mi? ¿¡Y bien!?
Te lo pregunto, ¿Dónde más hay en el mundo un hombre tan perfecto como yo?

-¡Odio tu estupidez!, ¡Odio tu pelo tan raro!, ¡Odio que vengas al campus con ropa de calle!, ¡Odio tu arrogancia!, ¡Odio tus ojos de serpiente!, ¡Odio absolutamente todo de ti!

Me matan, cada vez se pone mejor, Doumyouji ya se anda enamorando de la chica muajajaja, ya hasta se plancha el cabello y hace todo por molestarla hahaha muero, yo quiero a ese chico, aunque Riu tambien e
Starbubbles
Aug 20, 2009 Starbubbles rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
i love the introduction of kazuya, but once again, a hard name to remember. maybe i'm just bad with names. anywho- he really is like some bumpkin that happened to own land over a huge oil deposit and struck it rich. he's so cute. now, the violin illustration. um, was kamio trying to draw three strings or five strings? either way, wrong! there are only four strings on a violin. for someone to have paid enough attention to know how to draw how a violinist's hand would look in an up-bow direction, ...more
Diana Lynn
Jan 19, 2015 Diana Lynn rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Pretty good second volume. Interesting and different from the Korean drama with a few similarities. So far it's good but I'm not quite addicted yet...Doumyouji is my fav in the show, but he seems like much more of a d-bag here. Guess we'll see how it unfolds. 6/10.
Brilliant Hermione
Meski sudah baca sejak bertahun-tahun lalu, kesan saya tetap sama. Shizuka cantik sekaliii, baik hati pula. Belum lagi dengan nasihatnya agar wanita memilih sepatu yang bagus sebab alas kaki yang indah akan membawa si pemakai ke tempat-tempat yang indah juga.
Naiara
Sep 09, 2016 Naiara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book, today started a volume 1 , and finished in 20 minutes!! After the finished the volume 1 , started this book. Love it!
Miss Ryoko
Feb 26, 2013 Miss Ryoko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, library-book
Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! I LOVE Tsukushi!! She is so bad ass!! I'm so happy she (view spoiler) I was worried for a moment she wouldn't! She is so great!! I love how strong she is and how she isn't afraid to throw a punch.

I really like Kazuya too and he just showed up! :o But he's a lot of fun!

I'm really excited about reading this series, but I just founded out it's 37 volumes long x_x I fear it'll be like reading Ranma 1/2.... rea
Lauren
May 03, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
There was something in the way all of the characters came together that I found irresistibly compelling about this series. It did remind me a lot of Ouran while I was reading it and maybe that is why I liked it so much. Tsukushi is an interesting protagonist, I loved when she started taking action and sticking up for herself.

While I wasn’t overly fond of the artwork style I was able to get past it because I my love for the storyline. This is an honest story with twists and turns, ups and downs,
Abi Lí
Oct 06, 2015 Abi Lí rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Este Tsukasa es un demente jajaja
Amanda Pedersen
Aug 27, 2014 Amanda Pedersen rated it it was amazing
very, very good.
Elaine
Jun 23, 2012 Elaine rated it did not like it
I don't remember disliking the characters this much the first time I read this. Even the heroine bugs me and she's supposed to be the shining beacon of likability in this manga. Also, everything feels exaggerated and over-the-top to the point that the amount of belief suspension I have to employ feels ridiculous. I remember it getting better, but I'm not really looking forward to trudging through the heavy handed and slightly clumsy execution of the I-will-survive-your-bullying theme.
michelle pham
Jul 08, 2015 michelle pham rated it it was amazing
OHMYGOD IT WAS DOMYOJI WHAT IS THIS
Megan Sanchez
Feb 28, 2012 Megan Sanchez rated it liked it
There are penguins on the cover. That was is probably worth an extra star, right?

Shizuka is so cute - I totally get why people are so in love with her.

The bullying in this book is seriously terrifying, though. I don't really know that I'm going to be able to buy any love story that takes place between Tsukushi and any of the F4.
Kricket
Feb 12, 2008 Kricket rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2008, shojo
My favorite thing about this series is definitely the early nineties outfits and hairdos. And I like that Kazuya shows up so that Tsukushi finally has a normal human being to talk to. Other than that...why are these high school kids so freaking mean to each other?
Violet Sakura
Jan 22, 2010 Violet Sakura rated it really liked it
I'll give this manga the credit! The plot is FANTASTIC!!! I love Makino!!! She's a great main character, I'm just enjoying every minute reading her thoughts. Way to go girl!!! And I don't even notice the horrible art already :)
Sep 29, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: youngadult, manga
The slapstick quotient is definitely increased here, but I'm now hooked on the silliness. Shizuka Todo, the "perfect" girl who serves as a foil to our main character Tsukushi, is introduced in this volume.
Leah Webber
Aug 01, 2011 Leah Webber rated it liked it
I shan't let them keep me down, cries the heroine. Well then, says the whole freaking school, we will make your life hell. Have fun!
Danyka
May 02, 2013 Danyka rated it liked it
I'd watched and liked the anime version when I was still a kid.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
Snow
Jul 28, 2009 Snow rated it it was ok
reviewing for Good Comics for Kids
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 1 Februari 2003.
April
Jul 17, 2014 April rated it liked it
I like the story, but does anyone get why the penguins are on the cover?
Michelle Zafora
Aug 15, 2012 Michelle Zafora rated it it was amazing
even better than the first one!
Alisa
Sep 10, 2013 Alisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Yay finished another BBF volume!
Anca Maria
Jul 20, 2013 Anca Maria rated it it was amazing
I like the pictures in the book.
Nicole
Jun 21, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shojo
[See review under vol. 1:]
Alice
Sep 20, 2008 Alice added it
this one too!!!
  • Mars, Volume 13
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 16 (Hana-Kimi, #16)
Yōko Kamio (神尾葉子) is a popular Japanese manga artist and writer. She is most famous for Boys Over Flowers (花より男子, Hana Yori Dango?), for which she received the Shogakukan Manga Award in 1996. Her work has been translated and distributed in Asia, Europe, and North America.

Yōko Kamio readily admits that she had no intention of becoming a professional manga artist when she was young. Kamio originally
More about Yoko Kamio...

Boys Over Flowers (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 1 (Boys Over Flowers, #1)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 3 (Boys Over Flowers, #3)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 4 (Boys Over Flowers, #4)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 5 (Boys Over Flowers, #5)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 6 (Boys Over Flowers, #6)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 7 (Boys Over Flowers, #7)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 8 (Boys Over Flowers, #8)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 9 (Boys Over Flowers, #9)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 10 (Boys Over Flowers, #10)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 11 (Boys Over Flowers, #11)