Start by marking “Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 4 (Boys Over Flowers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 4 (Boys Over Flowers, #4)

Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 4 (Boys Over Flowers #4)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  920 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Tsukushi realizes that she would have Rui to herself if Shizuka left for France as planned, but she doesn't want to be like the other scheming girls at her school. So she begs Shizuka to stay in Japan for Rui's sake. Domyoji asks Tsukushi for a date at the airport that Shizuka is leaving from, but his sweet words are drowned out by the sound of jets passing by.
Published February 18th 2004 by VIZ Media (first published August 25th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Boys Over Flowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boys Over Flowers

Alison (AlisonCanRead)
I feel that this series is increasingly like watching a train wreck. It's icky, somewhat painful, and quite gory, yet you can't tear yourself away from it. The series is ridiculous, but not in a silly way - more in a vaguely disturbing way.

For example, I feel like we're supposed to start shipping Domyoji and Tsukushi to be together. Domyoji is the bullying leader of the F4 who in the last volume physically attacked Tsukushi. Now he basically orders her to go on a date with him in his backward at
Yu Qian
Tsukasa Domyoji is the son of the Domyoji group a super rich family. He is violent but he will do anything for the girl he have a crush on...Tsukushi. She is a strong girl but her family isnn't rich but don't care about Tsukasa's money and her name. Lets say that Tsukushi don't even like Tsukasa. She have some special feelings about Rui, he is also someone who is also a rich family in F4 but he is different. When Tsukushi was bully by Tsukasa he help her and protect her.
Even through Tsukushi k
Kricket
Starbubbles
it's so cute to see how tsukasa tries for tskushi. adorable. even though he was the source of her torture, i think that they're cute together. they have the same temperament. totally prefer tsukasa over what's-his-face, er- rui. he's just icky. okay, he's not icky, his personality is just poorly developed. yes he's shy, yes he's a snob, and all of that came through, but other then that? you get a sense that with tsukasa, he shows his true colors, and rui is a strategist: always hiding his next m ...more
Lauren
There was something in the way all of the characters came together that I found irresistibly compelling about this series. It did remind me a lot of Ouran while I was reading it and maybe that is why I liked it so much. Tsukushi is an interesting protagonist, I loved when she started taking action and sticking up for herself.

While I wasn’t overly fond of the artwork style I was able to get past it because I my love for the storyline. This is an honest story with twists and turns, ups and downs,
*Queen Diva*
Hmm... seems like Tsukushi is a member of the F4 now... not officially but she sure hangs out with them a lot.

I really like Tsukushi's strength a lot when it comes to the F4, at least in the beginning, but now I'm getting a bit sad she's getting so emotional all the time over everything :-( I hope she doesn't turn into some obnoxious girl. That would make me sad.

I look forward to volume 5!!
Megan Sanchez
I don't really know why I continue to read Boys Over Flowers. The characters are frustrating, the story is over the top even for something in Shojo Beat and the relationships make no sense. Whatsoever. But I continue to get them and read them and I don't know that I'm going to stop. They are like reading a soap opera and I'm hooked.
Vanessa
Just kind of reading on since I saw the korean drama
Polina ♆
Ok, this series getting really into my life and I really wanna see what will happens next. To be honest the whole story is not something really, but I like it and it's interesting and funny and kinda addictive.
Phoebe Andamo
It's the cliché-est of all the clichés lol
( well, it's published in the 90s so it's kind of original in that time :) )

I think Domyougi is my fave character. He's so funny.
Tashi
this book is amazing there are some popular kids and there rich but the womens only care about the money they got some women do that in this book
Danyka
I'd watched and liked the anime version when I was still a kid.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
Darkwing Meta Knight
I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I recommend this manga after you read the first three!
Great Shojo manga!
Sen
Aug 08, 2012 Sen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Read on August 8, 2012
Source: batoto.net
Anca Maria
I tried to draw some of the pictures.
Talia Clayborne
Talia Clayborne marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Nico
Nico added it
Nov 29, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 15 (Hana-Kimi, #15)
  • Mars, Volume 05
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 4
  • Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai Kanzenban, Volume 1
Yōko Kamio (神尾葉子) is a popular Japanese manga artist and writer. She is most famous for Boys Over Flowers (花より男子, Hana Yori Dango?), for which she received the Shogakukan Manga Award in 1996. Her work has been translated and distributed in Asia, Europe, and North America.

Yōko Kamio readily admits that she had no intention of becoming a professional manga artist when she was young. Kamio originally
More about Yoko Kamio...
Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 1 (Boys Over Flowers, #1) Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 3 (Boys Over Flowers, #3) Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 2 (Boys Over Flowers, #2) Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 36 (Boys Over Flowers, #36) Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 5 (Boys Over Flowers, #5)