Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5  (Hana-Kimi, #5)

Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5 (Hana-Kimi #5)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  2,444 ratings  ·  22 reviews
DRAG RACE
It's the final day of the Osaka High School Festival, and two big competitions are still up in the air: the relay race and the cross-dressing pageant! You'd think Mizuki, an actual XX-chromosome girl disguised as a boy at an all-guy high school, would be a better cross-dresser than her classmates, but things are never so easy--and what if winning the contest blows...more
Published April 5th 2005 by VIZ Media, LLC (first published September 17th 1998)

Laura Graves

I’m really enjoying where this is going now that both Mizuki and Izumi are admitting their feelings, even if it’s just to themselves. Hopefully, I won’t have to wait too long for them to finally approach the subject with each other.

The dorm competition is over and I can’t say I was too sad about that. It was getting a little too silly. I appreciate most of the humor in this series, but it always seems to be just a touch sillier than I wa...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Too many funny moments with this one, especially with Nakatsu. Love the facial expressions in the artwork, it really conveys the humor well.
Starbubbles
are people in japan really suspectible to colds? the concern over mizuki getting a cold appears in just about every volume for the entire series. i love hana kimi, but it's tiresome to keep reading that. why not, 'hey, don't sleep on the floor, you'll get a crick in your neck,' or 'hey, change into dry clothes, you'll smell like mold if you don't,' or something. maybe it's because i've spent too much time in hot hot texas that this stuff doesn't even blip on my radar of concerns in those situati...more
Dexter/Persy
A lot of fun, but not as much fun as the first four volumes. But still, I really liked the flashback story about Mizuki and Gilbert, and Sano is getting pretty adorable. It may not be as laugh-out-loud as the previous volumes, but it's far from uninteresting!

Second time reading: As said last time, Sano is really adorable in this volume. I'm still really enjoying Hana-Kimi. While I liked the story about Mizuki and Gilbert, it kind of struck me as random and odd too. I would love Gilbert to make a...more
Megan
This book made me feel TERRIBLE for Nakatsu.
Sara
Oh my god!!!1! I loooove this seriesss!! It's my favorite shoujo series and my second favorite manga series of ALL TIME! I just love everything about it!! I would totally do what Mizuki did.. though I don't think I could get away with it.... especially not in a Japanese school... -_- WELL! That's just not fair. Anyway, It's sooooo funny! AH! It's all so great! I can't contain the fan-girl in me! :O I even loved the TV series! (Especially the Taiwanese one! Ella and Jiro were hilarious!)
Morgan
It's alright... I'm sort of getting bored with it... Too little too late. The drama is too drawn out. I don't know. I'm just disappointed.
Kirsti
All the characters are starting to realize their feelings, and it's a really cute thing to watch. I'm falling more into the story now, and getting slightly better at remembering who is who now the dorm competition is over and there aren't so many characters in each scene. Moving on to the next book after I finish a 6 hour work shift. Boo work, taking away from my reading time!
Daniella Murillo
ARE YOU FOR REAL OH MY GOD THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST ENDING TO A MANGA VOLUME EVER YOU GO NAKATSU YOU GO.
I really ship Sano/Mizuki but if Nakatsu really kisses Mizuki I can't help but smile and be all girly about it.

Also there was with part with the Doctor and the Dorm 1's sensei which was funny and awkward and gay but then it wasn't gay.

I'm so obsessed with this manga.
Nikki Kelly
An awesome series with a bit of a cliche plot-line (girl dresses as boy and falls in love at all-boy school). The characters are very likeable however, and a good love triangle is setup. Nice art as well. I never finished it because it's a lonnng series and I could not afford them all.
Jeannette
This volume wraps up the story arc of the Student Festival. I really came to like the members of the Judo Club. And, poor Nakatsu is just getting more and more muddled....
Emily
After a car accident 11/5, reading this series is a great way for me to distract myself. Read vol. 5 and 6 yesterday without intending to!
Kadie D♥
Sweet! Very sweet, the chapter image of Sano was Hot! omg I'm looking forward to next volumes covers!
Brittany
I loved this series, and I love the Korean drama made from it as well.
Amanda
The hijinks continue with the school festival. Silly and fun.
Helena
wish sano and mizuki would JUST SPILL IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!
VeganMedusa
Oooh, things are getting steamy!
Sian
Aug 11, 2008 Sian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers
Recommended to Sian by: Sara G
The same as the rest great
Marielle
<3 I love this!!!!
Snow
read for fun
Arini Dee
Arini Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Carina
Carina added it
Jul 06, 2014
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 09
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 6 (Wild Ones, #6)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 07 (High School Debut, #7)
  • Mars, Volume 10
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 04
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 6
中条 比紗也 in Japanese.
She also uses the names Peco Fujiya (for yaoi works) and Ryou Fumizuki for doujinshi with her circle, Daisanteikoku.
More about Hisaya Nakajo...
Hana-Kimi, Vol. 1 (Hana-Kimi, #1) Hana-Kimi, Vol. 2 (Hana-Kimi, #2) Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4 (Hana-Kimi, #4) Hana-Kimi, Vol. 3 (Hana-Kimi, #3) Hana-Kimi, Vol. 6 (Hana-Kimi, #6)