Start by marking “Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5 (Hana-Kimi, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5  (Hana-Kimi, #5)

Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5 (Hana-Kimi #5)

4.34  ·  Rating Details ·  3,952 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
DRAG RACE
It's the final day of the Osaka High School Festival, and two big competitions are still up in the air: the relay race and the cross-dressing pageant! You'd think Mizuki, an actual XX-chromosome girl disguised as a boy at an all-guy high school, would be a better cross-dresser than her classmates, but things are never so easy--and what if winning the contest blows
Published April 5th 2005 by VIZ Media, LLC (first published September 17th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5

Daniella Murillo
Sep 26, 2012 Daniella Murillo rated it it was amazing
ARE YOU FOR REAL OH MY GOD THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST ENDING TO A MANGA VOLUME EVER YOU GO NAKATSU YOU GO.
I really ship Sano/Mizuki but if Nakatsu really kisses Mizuki I can't help but smile and be all girly about it.

Also there was with part with the Doctor and the Dorm 1's sensei which was funny and awkward and gay but then it wasn't gay.

I'm so obsessed with this manga.
Steph Sinclair
Oct 16, 2013 Steph Sinclair rated it really liked it
Oh, poor Nakatsu...
Mar 04, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it

I’m really enjoying where this is going now that both Mizuki and Izumi are admitting their feelings, even if it’s just to themselves. Hopefully, I won’t have to wait too long for them to finally approach the subject with each other.

The dorm competition is over and I can’t say I was too sad about that. It was getting a little too silly. I appreciate most of the humor in this series, but it always seems to be just a touch sillier than I wa
Starbubbles
Aug 27, 2009 Starbubbles rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
are people in japan really suspectible to colds? the concern over mizuki getting a cold appears in just about every volume for the entire series. i love hana kimi, but it's tiresome to keep reading that. why not, 'hey, don't sleep on the floor, you'll get a crick in your neck,' or 'hey, change into dry clothes, you'll smell like mold if you don't,' or something. maybe it's because i've spent too much time in hot hot texas that this stuff doesn't even blip on my radar of concerns in those situati ...more
Dexter
May 06, 2012 Dexter rated it really liked it
A lot of fun, but not as much fun as the first four volumes. But still, I really liked the flashback story about Mizuki and Gilbert, and Sano is getting pretty adorable. It may not be as laugh-out-loud as the previous volumes, but it's far from uninteresting!

Second time reading: As said last time, Sano is really adorable in this volume. I'm still really enjoying Hana-Kimi. While I liked the story about Mizuki and Gilbert, it kind of struck me as random and odd too. I would love Gilbert to make a
Sara
Aug 04, 2011 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, shoujo, humor
Oh my god!!!1! I loooove this seriesss!! It's my favorite shoujo series and my second favorite manga series of ALL TIME! I just love everything about it!! I would totally do what Mizuki did.. though I don't think I could get away with it.... especially not in a Japanese school... -_- WELL! That's just not fair. Anyway, It's sooooo funny! AH! It's all so great! I can't contain the fan-girl in me! :O I even loved the TV series! (Especially the Taiwanese one! Ella and Jiro were hilarious!)
Ashley
Nov 26, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, romance, own
I binge read all of Hana Kimi. It's easy to see why that is so easy once you get into the second chapter of the series. Hana Kimi is filled with complex character moments, tension, and fun. All the characters come to life and its hard to put the story down. I've read my fair share of manga over the years and will continue to. I have the feeling that Hana Kimi will remain one of my favorites. I can't wait to get in a reread.
Kirsti
Dec 30, 2012 Kirsti rated it it was amazing
All the characters are starting to realize their feelings, and it's a really cute thing to watch. I'm falling more into the story now, and getting slightly better at remembering who is who now the dorm competition is over and there aren't so many characters in each scene. Moving on to the next book after I finish a 6 hour work shift. Boo work, taking away from my reading time!
Aymee
Oct 01, 2014 Aymee rated it really liked it
And here we get the conclusion of the school festival. And a bit more. Sano is seemingly starting to show his feelings for Mizuki, but it's hard to tell if he's falling for her or if he's just being a concerned friend. Picking up the next two volumes from the library this afternoon and I cannot wait to see what happens next.
Nikki Kelly
Aug 29, 2007 Nikki Kelly rated it really liked it
An awesome series with a bit of a cliche plot-line (girl dresses as boy and falls in love at all-boy school). The characters are very likeable however, and a good love triangle is setup. Nice art as well. I never finished it because it's a lonnng series and I could not afford them all.
Zaz
Nov 20, 2015 Zaz rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The end of the school festival wasn't really interesting but after that it was nice to learn a little about young Mizuki, to follow Nakatsu while he worked on his feelings and to see some warm moments between Mizuki and Sano.
Kadie D♥
Jan 28, 2012 Kadie D♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Sweet! Very sweet, the chapter image of Sano was Hot! omg I'm looking forward to next volumes covers!
Morgan
Jan 14, 2014 Morgan rated it liked it
It's alright... I'm sort of getting bored with it... Too little too late. The drama is too drawn out. I don't know. I'm just disappointed.
VeganMedusa
Jun 14, 2011 VeganMedusa rated it really liked it
Oooh, things are getting steamy!
Amanda
Sep 17, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction, manga
The hijinks continue with the school festival. Silly and fun.
Patrice
Dec 08, 2010 Patrice rated it it was amazing
^_^
Amy Gideon
Dec 06, 2015 Amy Gideon rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This is one of the better installments. It looks like the love triangle is firmly set and each party is getting up the nerve to make their move.
Helena
Jan 06, 2009 Helena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
wish sano and mizuki would JUST SPILL IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!
Emily
Nov 07, 2013 Emily rated it it was amazing
After a car accident 11/5, reading this series is a great way for me to distract myself. Read vol. 5 and 6 yesterday without intending to!
Marielle
Oct 15, 2013 Marielle rated it it was amazing
<3 I love this!!!!
Sian
Jun 23, 2008 Sian rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga lovers
Recommended to Sian by: Sara G
The same as the rest great
Rakianshai
Mar 14, 2016 Rakianshai rated it liked it
Poor Natsuki! He's always getting left behind.
Saya
Mar 10, 2015 Saya added it
I DO NOT RATE MANGA. DON'T ASK ME WHY, I JUST DON'T.

There was a scene in this volume that was most beautifully drawn and I'm just in love with Sano and Mizuki now
Jasmine Rose
Jun 18, 2015 Jasmine Rose rated it really liked it
Poor Nakatsu.
Brittany
Nov 17, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
I loved this series, and I love the Korean drama made from it as well.
Snow
Feb 02, 2009 Snow rated it really liked it
read for fun
Megan
May 22, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it
This book made me feel TERRIBLE for Nakatsu.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
May 30, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
Too many funny moments with this one, especially with Nakatsu. Love the facial expressions in the artwork, it really conveys the humor well.
LB
May 05, 2015 LB rated it it was ok
2.5 / 5 stars rating
Currentlyayuming
Currentlyayuming rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2012
  • Mars, Volume 06
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 4 (Wild Ones, #4)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 29 (Boys Over Flowers, #29)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 8
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 4
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 8
中条 比紗也 in Japanese.
She also uses the names Peco Fujiya (for yaoi works) and Ryou Fumizuki for doujinshi with her circle, Daisanteikoku.
More about Hisaya Nakajo...

Hana-Kimi (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 1 (Hana-Kimi, #1)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 2 (Hana-Kimi, #2)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 3 (Hana-Kimi, #3)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4 (Hana-Kimi, #4)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 6 (Hana-Kimi, #6)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 7 (Hana-Kimi, #7)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 8 (Hana-Kimi, #8)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 9 (Hana-Kimi, #9)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 10 (Hana-Kimi, #10)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 11 (Hana-Kimi, #11)