Start by marking “Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4 (Hana-Kimi, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4 (Hana-Kimi, #4)

Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4 (Hana-Kimi #4)

4.33  ·  Rating Details ·  4,036 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
CLOTHES MAKE THE MAN
All-male Osaka High School is holding its annual war of the dorms, and for the students, there's no escape! Unfortunately, even though she'd be happy to just compete in the 500-meter relay, Mizuki is forced to enter the Cross-Dressing Pageant...and pretend to be a boy pretending to be a girl! Worse still, a rival dorm targets Mizuki as a threat to their
Published January 11th 2005 by VIZ Media, LLC (first published August 19th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
273rd out of 655 books — 1,504 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Books I have read and loved
61st out of 164 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Steph Sinclair
Oct 16, 2013 Steph Sinclair rated it really liked it
And now if anyone asks me where I learned the phrase "little smut monger" I can cheerfully point them to Hana Kimi Volume 4. ^_^
Chad Perrin
Apr 01, 2015 Chad Perrin rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, graphic
This is easily the weakest book in the series thus far. It's mostly just a bunch of uninteresting "school festival" crap, as is thoroughly overdone in anime and manga rather often, all on the literary level of a bad sitcom. I would have rated it two stars, but there is a shorter story in the back of the book called "The Thirsty Moon" in this translation, and it's good enough to justify the cover price all by itself (a solid four-star story). On balance, I think that makes the fourth book in this ...more
Starbubbles
Aug 27, 2009 Starbubbles rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
the bonus story always chokes me up!
Dec 21, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: type-manga

This volume picked up pretty well with the dorm wars. There were funny moments and cute moments and sort of serious moments. The guys from the other dorms are pretty much terrorizing Nanba. They’ve also turned to dirty tricks to try and win. Mizuki becomes nervous when Nanba makes her sign up for the beauty pageant. I have to say, it was pretty amusing to see all the guys in her dorm dressed as girls. Mizuki was a very adorable Alice. An
Ashira (Savannah)
Mar 20, 2010 Ashira (Savannah) rated it really liked it
Megan
May 22, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it
The one thing I'm seeing as I re-read through these is that there are some extra one-offs at the ends of some of them. I don't really mind them, but the artist's style is so similar sometimes it's hard to tell I'm reading a completely different story.

And as much as I love Hana-Kimi, I'm getting pretty tired of the back-and-forth "Sano hates me!" "Why's Sano angry at me?!" "Yay Sano's not mad at me!" "OMG Sano's mad at me again I'm going to die!"

Despite that, still 4 stars.
Amy Gideon
Dec 04, 2015 Amy Gideon rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This was a fun volume all about the school festival. It looks like we're slowly starting to see Ashiya and Sano admit their feelings for each other.

However the one shot, The Thirsty Moon, was a new level of messed up. Super melodramatic with a Flowers in the Attic love theme. So far I haven't particularly liked any of the one shots at the end. They all seem to have some level of incest and a whole lot of insta-love which leads to sex and then abandonment in some form or another.
Erica
Aug 03, 2015 Erica rated it really liked it
First book for BookTubeAThon down - A book that you really want to read!
Honestly, I actually like the manga Sano than I do the drama Sano. Just one thing that I miss about the drama is how much we actually get to see the side characters but I really enjoyed this book.
Aymee
Oct 01, 2014 Aymee rated it really liked it
This series just gets cuter and cuter. I almost can't stand it. This volume introduces the school festival and the competition between the dorms begins... but it also brings trouble.

I have to admit, all the little author notes throughout the manga are the best. The author has a great sense of humor and it really shows through in these little sidebars.
Mikaela
I DO NOT RATE MANGA. DON'T ASK ME WHY, I JUST DON'T.

The start of my favorite arc of the story! And can we talk about Minami on the cover because I can't.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
The three dorms competes for 3 days in the school's festival. Well, a lot of stuff happens in this one. Good volume as usual.
Oct 12, 2015 Laura rated it liked it
La historia corta del final del tomo es lo peor que hay! Me daba vergüenza ajena estar leyéndola u.u
Adrya Ribeiro
Jul 23, 2015 Adrya Ribeiro rated it really liked it
Que beleza esse chefe do dormitório três...ele vestido de drácula :D
Dexter
Jul 06, 2016 Dexter rated it really liked it
Hana-Kimi's still awesome! I'm really surprised it's still holding my attention, but I love the characters and the new plots are still a lot of fun.

This volume also includes the bonus story "The Thirsty Moon", which is actually a bit of a disappointment.

Second time reading:
Character groooooowth! It always makes me happy, especially in shoujo manga. I really love Mizuki and Sano and Nakatsu and all the background characters whose names I don't know. I love them all. And I love the messes they get
Nishtha
good
Tianna
Jun 19, 2016 Tianna rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adorable, definitely very funny. A fun book in an amazing series.
Sara
Aug 04, 2011 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, shoujo, humor
Oh my god!!!1! I loooove this seriesss!! It's my favorite shoujo series and my second favorite manga series of ALL TIME! I just love everything about it!! I would totally do what Mizuki did.. though I don't think I could get away with it.... especially not in a Japanese school... -_- WELL! That's just not fair. Anyway, It's sooooo funny! AH! It's all so great! I can't contain the fan-girl in me! :O I even loved the TV series! (Especially the Taiwanese one! Ella and Jiro were hilarious!)
Daniella Murillo
Sep 26, 2012 Daniella Murillo rated it liked it
WHY IS MIZUKI SO INNOCENT I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. Seriously, she can't realize when someone has bad intentions (I don't like that about her, but her character has always been like that, plus she's very happy and optimistic about everything, so it's cool)

I STILL WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT NAKATSU.

I'm a bit confused about how the festival works and stuff, but I get the basics, I guess. Also all of the boys from the other dorms are complete mean retards and I dislike most of them.
Kirsti
Dec 30, 2012 Kirsti rated it it was amazing
Five stars for the actual story, but the creepy little side story at the end was kind of a o_o moment. Still enjoying this series, picked up the next five after this one in Canberra on boxing day. These will be the books that end the year for me, and finish my Goodreads challenge. Still loving the cute little triangles, but some of the characters are running through my head as a different name and face and it's getting a little confusing. All these pretty boys!
Ashley
Jan 02, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, romance, own
I binge read all of Hana Kimi. It's easy to see why that is so easy once you get into the second chapter of the series. Hana Kimi is filled with complex character moments, tension, and fun. All the characters come to life and its hard to put the story down. I've read my fair share of manga over the years and will continue to. I have the feeling that Hana Kimi will remain one of my favorites. I can't wait to get in a reread.
Morgan
Jan 14, 2014 Morgan rated it liked it
I'm thinking I'm beyond enjoying these stories that are based in high schools. Just too simple of problems. Not complex. Lack of character depth.. Neh.
Nikki Kelly
Aug 30, 2007 Nikki Kelly rated it really liked it
An awesome series with a bit of a cliche plot-line (girl dresses as boy and falls in love at all-boy school). The characters are very likeable however, and a good love triangle is setup. Nice art as well. I never finished it because it's a lonnng series and I could not afford them all.
Zaz
Feb 12, 2016 Zaz rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
It was funny to read this because I remembered nothing. It's the school festival and the guys were doing several competitions in sports and then they wore costumes. Nothing really interesting and the bullying side was a bit annoying, but it was fun to see Sano being jealous.
Reanne
Mar 06, 2012 Reanne rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-manga
This is one of those times when I get annoyed at the short story fillers at the end. The main story I'd give three stars or so, but the short story really ruined it. Depressing, weird, and incesty. No thanks.
emily_oriley
Jul 14, 2014 emily_oriley rated it it was amazing
I love this series but I'm a sucker for tragedies and I loved the "Thirsty Moon" short story the best out of all Hisaya-san's work
Amanda
Sep 17, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction, manga
In this volume we get some insights into the psychology of Minami and more awkward moments between Mizuki, Izumi & Nakatsu.
Marycat
Dec 29, 2013 Marycat rated it liked it
eigentlich habe ich gar nicht das Buch gelesen, sondern Verliebt in Berlin 4, aber das gibt es leider bei goodreads nicht :D
Mel
Jun 23, 2010 Mel rated it it was amazing
I love the side story at the end of this volume which is why it's the only volume in the the series that I own
Kadie D♥
Jan 28, 2012 Kadie D♥ rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Yes, boys cross-dressing as girls in an pageant contest! Lmao
Let's see who will win ;p
Elizabeth Ferg
It was good but I don't like that they didn't have the last day of the festival included.
  • High School Debut, Vol. 05 (High School Debut, #5)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 6 (Wild Ones, #6)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 2 (Boys Over Flowers, #2)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
  • Fruits Basket, Tome 23
  • Mars, Volume 04
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 8
中条 比紗也 in Japanese.
She also uses the names Peco Fujiya (for yaoi works) and Ryou Fumizuki for doujinshi with her circle, Daisanteikoku.
More about Hisaya Nakajo...

Hana-Kimi (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 1 (Hana-Kimi, #1)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 2 (Hana-Kimi, #2)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 3 (Hana-Kimi, #3)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5  (Hana-Kimi, #5)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 6 (Hana-Kimi, #6)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 7 (Hana-Kimi, #7)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 8 (Hana-Kimi, #8)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 9 (Hana-Kimi, #9)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 10 (Hana-Kimi, #10)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 11 (Hana-Kimi, #11)

“Even love matures. It's like a flower. Cherish it while it blooms.” 13 likes