Start by marking “Hana-Kimi, Vol. 3 (Hana-Kimi, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hana-Kimi, Vol. 3 (Hana-Kimi, #3)

Hana-Kimi, Vol. 3 (Hana-Kimi #3)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  3,226 ratings  ·  40 reviews
MEN AT WORK
Izumi, his friend Nakatsu and our crossdressing heroine Mizuki are hired to work at a beach chalet run by the family of weird school nurse Dr. Umeda! But when Kagurazaka--Izumi's high-jump rival--shows up with his two younger sisters in tow, the job gets personal! Kagurazaka's attractive sister Tamami has a crush on Izumi too, and she sees Izumi's classmate Mizu
Published June 2nd 2004 by VIZ Media, LLC (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Hana-Kimi, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hana-Kimi, Vol. 3

Steph Sinclair
Haha. Nakatsu "The Lolita Killer". Lol!
Cassandra
I am fond of this volume; the art has steadied, she is confident in her characters, and it cuts to what is the real heart of the story for me; (view spoiler) ...more
Laura Graves
Cross posted on my blog!

I can’t stop adoring this series. It’s a little weird, but it’s so funny and cute. Mizuki is so precious. I will say that I’m hoping the pretense between her and Izumi will end soon. It’s clear that they care about each other. Sadly, seeing that there are like twenty-three volumes, I doubt they’ll confess their feelings anytime soon. Nakatsu is such great comic relief. It’s so silly, but I like it. I’ve gotten to the point that I recognize manga humor and find it funny my
Dexter
Just as much fun as the first two volumes! And, as always, it leaves me wanting the next volume right NOW.

Second time reading:
Yet again I'm wanting Volume 4 NOW. It's not like a cliffhanger or anything... I just really want more.

I really liked this volume because the characters continue with their growth. Sano's and Mizuki's relationship keeps pushing and then a few random characters pop up and make it more interesting. I actually really liked Kagurazaka in this volume, whereas before I was supe
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
While Sano, Nakatsu and Mizuki help out Nakao's mom, Io, at the hotel, Sano doesn't like the way one of the co workers is hanging around with Mizuki. Well this one got kind of serious. The moments between Nakatsu and Kaguzaka's baby sister was adorable.
Chrissy
I DO NOT RATE MANGA. DON'T ASK ME WHY, I JUST DON'T.

"Nakatsu, The Lolita killer" I die.
Sara
Oh my god!!!1! I loooove this seriesss!! It's my favorite shoujo series and my second favorite manga series of ALL TIME! I just love everything about it!! I would totally do what Mizuki did.. though I don't think I could get away with it.... especially not in a Japanese school... -_- WELL! That's just not fair. Anyway, It's sooooo funny! AH! It's all so great! I can't contain the fan-girl in me! :O I even loved the TV series! (Especially the Taiwanese one! Ella and Jiro were hilarious!)
Morgan
It's so so, still a little young for me. The problem she's having don't seem to be dynamic enough for me to be really interested. But I've also read this before a long time ago so... Hm.
Ashley
I binge read all of Hana Kimi. It's easy to see why that is so easy once you get into the second chapter of the series. Hana Kimi is filled with complex character moments, tension, and fun. All the characters come to life and its hard to put the story down. I've read my fair share of manga over the years and will continue to. I have the feeling that Hana Kimi will remain one of my favorites. I can't wait to get in a reread.
Kirsti
Why oh why did I not purchase the next three volumes at least in this series? I was left with an empty feeling as I turned the last page, searching for more. I guess it leaves me something to look forward to, and this seems like a long series as well. I guess it is obvious now that I enjoy this series and recommend it, what more is there really to say, except read it so you can love it too!
Daniella Murillo
Actually, the manga is going slower than the drama! Or I don't know, the time lapse they both manage is different. I a-d-o-r-e Sano when he get's all protective to Mizuki <3 And mannnnn I wish there was more Nakatsu all the time.
I'll read Vol. 4 tomorrow, right after I watch the new episode of the korean drama version of this manga!
Jim
i'd really give this only two stars becuse i find an American girl going to school in Japan and dressing up as boy to get close to a sexy high jumper a crazy story. give me a book abouta teen biten by a radioactive spider, That makes sense.

were i a fourteen yearold girl i think i'd love this series.
Starbubbles
um, most tests are not opennote/book! that always made me mad when reading that.

plus, round watermelons, seedless watermelons, and yellow watermelons are also grown in the u.s. you see the longer, seeded watermelons more often though.

well, that's it for my nitpicking.
Amanda
Summer vacation - that means one of the central characters has to face an ordeal which includes a threatened rape, right? It infuriates me that the attempted-rapist's actions are considered acceptable because he thought Mizuki is a girl. Arghhh - rape culture alive & well in Japan, eh?
Nikki Kelly
An awesome series with a bit of a cliche plot-line (girl dresses as boy and falls in love at all-boy school). The characters are very likeable however, and a good love triangle is setup. Nice art as well. I never finished it because it's a lonnng series and I could not afford them all.
Ashira (Savannah)
Mar 20, 2010 Ashira (Savannah) marked it as to-read
Shelves: manga
I've been reading this series from the library, and since number three wasn't there while pretty much everything else was, I have yet to read it... but I have many un-answered questions so I intend to whenever I find it or feel the need to read it.
Caroline
"Hana-Kimi" is about a girl who fakes being a boy so she can go to high school with her track and field idol who lives in Japan, and he becomes her eventual love interest. This is funny and bright and though not high-quality, it's good.
Libby Reisen
Easily My fave in the series! I like all of the situation Mizuki is thrown into (no hints!) and how close she and Sano get. It has the classic hilarious points of the story, all-around adorable!
Julie
Apr 08, 2008 Julie rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julie by: D
Borrowed from a friend. Never really caught my interest, although maybe someday I'll read the rest of the series now that it's ended.
Madison
The storyline got better and I really started to love the characters. They are all super unique and well written.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
This series is seriously ridiculous, but I expect that when I read manga. Definitely continuing.
Jessica
can't tell if it is bad yet soo... yeah hopefully it doesn't go bad.. I kind of like this one..:)
Christiana
Seriously, how long can Sano continue to not talk about how Mizuki is a girl? IT BOGGLES THE MIND.
Jenn
Hana-Kimi, Volume 3: For You In Full Blossom (Hana-Kimi) by Hisaya Nakajo (2004)
Brittany
I loved this series, and I love the Korean drama made from it as well.
Kashii
of course I mean its hana kimi... *whispers* i really like shoujo manga
Kadie D♥
just waste her?! wth is he going up to, have to find out in volume 4!
Helena
ho ho ho...waaahhh@@!!!!
so cute!!sigh..pure, innocent love//
Jennifer Jackson
i love this book and i love to read it over and over
Andrea
I really love this series. Can't wait to read more.
  • High School Debut, Vol. 06 (High School Debut, #6)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 03
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 04
  • Mars, Volume 10 (Mars, #10)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 6 (Wild Ones, #6)
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 6
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 6 (Fruits Basket, #6)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 22 (Boys Over Flowers, #22)
中条 比紗也 in Japanese.
She also uses the names Peco Fujiya (for yaoi works) and Ryou Fumizuki for doujinshi with her circle, Daisanteikoku.
More about Hisaya Nakajo...

Hana-Kimi (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 1 (Hana-Kimi, #1)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 2 (Hana-Kimi, #2)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4 (Hana-Kimi, #4)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5  (Hana-Kimi, #5)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 6 (Hana-Kimi, #6)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 7 (Hana-Kimi, #7)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 8 (Hana-Kimi, #8)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 9 (Hana-Kimi, #9)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 10 (Hana-Kimi, #10)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 11 (Hana-Kimi, #11)
Hana-Kimi, Vol. 1 (Hana-Kimi, #1) Hana-Kimi, Vol. 2 (Hana-Kimi, #2) Hana-Kimi, Vol. 4 (Hana-Kimi, #4) Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5  (Hana-Kimi, #5) Hana-Kimi, Vol. 6 (Hana-Kimi, #6)