Start by marking “Grace (Virtue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Grace (Virtue, #1)

Grace (Virtue #1)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  404 ratings  ·  47 reviews
She Wouldn't...
The institution of marriage held no attraction for Grace Ackerly. The world, she had noticed, expected nothing more from women than that they be submissive, demure brood mares, allowed absolutely no rights or even opinions of their own. And yet, at twenty, an age at which most of Society considered her well past her prime, she need only wait a little longer
Mass Market Paperback, 324 pages
Published October 30th 2007 by Leisure Books (first published November 30th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grace

Misfit
"Trevor Christian Caldwell had a flashing dark green gaze that held a subtle hint of seductive promise, a great deal of smoldering warmth, and more than a trace of rich humor. When the earl looked upon a young lady, she always had the flattering impression that the entire world had fallen away, and that, for a moment, nobody else mattered to him."

Oh, but Trevor hasn't met Grace Ackerly, who is determined at all costs to remain an old maid (why?). Trevor sees Grace's portrait and is in immediate
Readitnweep
HÜLYA
Sayfa6 Yayınları'ndan çıkan Kızkardeşler Serisinin

1.Grace - (Kalbim Evine Döndü)
2.Faith - (Issız Bir Aşkın Kıyısında)

Romanlarını okudum..Yayınevini aslında bir seriden ardaarda iki romanı yayınladığı için tebrik etmek istiyorum...Bu uygulama sanırım bir ilk romans grubunda ..Umarım bu uygulamayı diğer yayın evlerimizde uygulamaya başlar...

Denane Clark'ı ilk defa okuyorum..Judith McNaugh'tan çok etkilenmiş olsada asla onun kalem gücü yok..Bunu peşinen belirteyim..Ama bu iki kitabı ard arda okuyu
Elizabeth
This book was yet another free download that I got on my Nook somewhere along the way.

I really just couldn’t get into this story. It started out pretty promising, but devolved into being silly and inconsistent very quickly. One of the things that really bothered me was Grace herself. She so stubbornly set on spending her entire life as a spinster that she spends her time acting like a complete ass and pushing away a man that she admits she has feelings for. We are never told why she has her hea
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
ben seriye bayıldım..kardeşler özelliklede mercy :)
eçok onu merak ediyorum :D
ayrıntıya girmiim ama okuyun derim :D
Jessica
Donna
I enjoyed reading about Grace Ackerley, one of six sisters. These girls have a wonderful spirit about them and I look forward to reading Mercy's story.

SHE WOULDN’T: The institution of marriage held no attraction for Grace Ackerly. The world, she had noticed, expected nothing more from women than that they be submissive, demure brood mares, allowed absolutely no rights or even opinions of their own. And yet, at twenty, an age at which most of Society considered her well past her prime, she need
Sevimli Hırsız
KALBİM EVİNE DÖNDÜ // DENEANE CLARK
Yorum Detayı İçin
Öncelikle kitapla ilgili söyleyeceğim herşey, esinlendiği kitabın eşsiz olmasından kaynaklanıyor. Yoksa kitabın kötü olduğunu düşünmüyorum ama yazarın konuyu baz aldığı kitap İçinde Aşk Saklı olunca , bu kitap tamamen derleme olmuş çıkmış.

İçinde Aşk Saklı'yı okuyanlar bilirler; Clayton'ın Whitney'i elde etmek ve eşi yapmak için Whitney'in tüm inatlarına karşı verdiği çabalarla sevdiği kadını acı tatlı birçok olaydan sonra elde eder, sonunda da
Claudine
I was surprised on how much I enjoyed this story. You can't help but fall for the strong-willed Akerley sisters. The story mentions 6 sisters in all and we briefly were introduced to the twins Amity and Charity in their country home when the youngest Mercy got herself into a little trouble. This is how Grace was introduced and her story developed and her sister Faith, which is the next book I will purchase. Charity also has her story but I know little at this time about her with the brief minor ...more
Ginny
Every once in a while I need a little mind candy; A book that requires no thinking at all. A romance usually fits the bill, they have a formula and you know what is going to happen, it is only a matter of how. Man meets woman, they are meant for each other but don't see it, They experience missed cues etc, until at the end they realize they are in love. This fit the bill. One problem with this particular story is that it seems the author wrote a very nice story , then decided that there wasn't a ...more
Julie
This was a Free Friday Download for my Nook at Barnes & Noble. This was the first download I've done and I'm glad I did. I enjoyed reading this book more than most of the books I've read in the past six months.

I love the time period: Early 1800s in England and the characters that the author developed. Who wouldn't want to get to know these sisters and the leading men in this story.

I truly enjoyed the author's writing style and found her dialogue to be very witty. I think that along with str
Liz
May 18, 2013 Liz rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Recommended to Liz by: free fridays
This was an easy romance novel, with not a lot of twists to the plot. Trevor insists that Grace will marry him. She thwarts him at every chance he gets, until she falls helplessly in love with him. However, it is too late, Trevor decides to avoid her and try to move on. Of course this doesn't happen, you know what happens they fall hard for each other, squabble about it, and finally just give in to their feelings. A little twist at the end has Grace in danger, which ultimately puts Trevor and a ...more
Grace Ackerly has no idea what type of trouble she's in when she meets Trevor Caldwell. The pursuit between the two is entertaining, trying to see who will win the match of wills.

I don't normally read this genre, but it was a free nook book from BN. I was surprised at how much I really enjoyed the story (as cheesy as some of it was) and got sucked in once I started. I would read the other books in the series as the Ackerly sisters are very entertaining. The only part that didn't seem to fit in w
Amanda Hamilton
Eeyup. Another free e-book for my Nook.

Again, I don't really have a memory about this book. What I do remember about it, it wasn't bad as far as a period romance goes. Then again, I don't really read that kind of book and I'm hoping the ratings for these ebooks don't skew my Recommended Reads section too much towards bodice rippers and heaving bosoms. ~_~
Julie
laninaki
Tara

Really, I'd give it two and a half stars, if I could. It wasn't awful, but there was just something lacking in it for me. The writing is decent, as is the pacing, but there was a sinister subplot that served absolutely no purpose at all, save to stretch out the ending.
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Nov 11, 2012 Dee Renee Chesnut rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dee Renee by: Free Friday selection from B&N
Shelves: ebooks, 2012
This was a Free Friday book when I downloaded it. This is not a genre I prefer because I find too many cliches in the genre for me to find most books enjoyable, and my dislike for the genre is why this only gets 2 stars. Please check to make sure it is still free before downloading.
Elaine Mcdonald
With the exception of the Harry/Henry section, I did enjoy this book. Why do so many authors use the storyline with the girl getting dressed up as a guy and going out to play poker? It is not very believable. Other than that this is a sweet love story.
Sylvia
I picked this up when it was on the free-list and it was an enjoyable read. Standard romance novel, however the sisters were intriguing. If you enjoy this one, I imagine the rest of the series would be equally fun. I hope to read them as well.
Ezgi Su
Baştan sona çok güzel bir hikaye okudum. Sonlarına doğru çok güzeldi özellikle. Serinin ikinci kitabı için de çok umutluyum. Kız kardeş Faith'in hikayesi olacak o da ama ben en çok dük ile Mercy'i merak ediyorum :)
Marnie
A beautiful romance book set in the 1800s. Kind of reminded me of Joe in Little Women. Nice read! The bit of drama with the other man chasing her ended a bit on the cheesy side though. Good easy read anyways.
Kimberly
nice, typical regency romance. hoping to find mercy from interlibrary loan. it is not on nook or at my local library. not really interested in the other sisters so much. this was good for a free friday book.
Frances Fuller
Her little hands, her tiny chin, her small body, her long fingers. And that was the heroine, talk about a worthless, meaningless, heroine, add a hero of the same ilk, and you have this book.
Trudy
Clever writing. Interesting story line. I loved the fact that it was the man who really wanted the woman to say that she loved him. And I love the names of the characters in the book
Susie
The main thing I liked about this book was the supporting characters, especially Grace's sisters. It was another unbelievable historical romance. Not great, not terrible.
Heidi
This is a light romance novel. The idea of such a strong female really intrigued me, plus it was free! If you like the genre you won't be disappointed with this one.
This is a writer I look forward to reading more off. This book is easy to get into and entertaining to read. I can't wait to read about the rest of the sisters.
Mgray
Free friday ebook. Meets all the requirements for an easy to read romantic love story. Oh there are sisters so more books are in the works I am sure.
Rebecca
I have never read a historical fiction before and I liked this one. The plot was predictable, but the book was well written to keep me entertained.
  • Summer of Fire (Yellowstone, #1)
  • Texas Hold Him
  • The Hunt
  • Heart of the Witch
  • Dark Legacy
  • First, There Is a River (Spirit of the River, #1)
  • The Blue Light Project
  • County Line
  • Temptation (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #5)
  • Retirementology: Rethinking the American Dream in a New Economy
  • Dead Politician Society (Clare Vengel Undercover, #1)
  • Man Law (Private Protectors, #2)
  • The Devil's Cradle (Kendall O'Dell #2)
  • Moscow Sting (Anna Resnikov, #2)
  • Legacy
  • The Front Porch Prophet
  • The Liberation of Alice Love
  • Meet the Annas: A Musical Novel
DENEANE ELISE CLARK lives in South Carolina, just across the border from Charlotte, North Carolina, with her teenage daughter and son, and a cat clinging in ignorant bliss to her three remaining lives. The eldest of three girls, she grew up just outside of New Orleans, Louisiana, wandering through her childhood with her nose buried in a book when she should have been cleaning her room.

Currently, s
More about Deneane Clark...

Virtue (4 books)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Charity (Virtue, #3)
  • Mercy (Virtue, #4)
Faith (Virtue, #2) Charity (Virtue, #3) Mercy (Virtue, #4)