Girl Got Game, Vol. 2

Girl Got Game, Vol. 2 (Girl Got Game)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  636 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This second volume of the only sports manga targeted towards girls will appeal to fans of the WNBA. Illustrations.
Published March 2nd 2004 by TokyoPop (first published March 1st 2004)

Winny Yang
This is the next book of the series "Girl Got Game". It continues about the life of Chiharu trying to hide the fact that she's actually a girl. The interesting thing is that Chiharu starts to fall for Aizawa; the one who she'd said was a jerk!

Since I read the first book of the series, and since that book was so interesting, I just had to read the second book! I needed to find out what happened to Chiharu and Aizawa.

I decided to complete this book because I love this book and it's storyline. The...more
Kereesa
While this manga does have quite a bit of basketball in it, Girl Got Game is much more about the draaaammmmmaaaa, often crazily exaggerated, surrounding the two main characters: Chiharu and Kyo.

Thought to be honest, I doubt anyone reads it for the basketball content. The series is too hilarious on its own to be a true sport manga. Plus that whole romance thing really does steal the show.

Mmmmmm...Chiharu

I really enjoy the gender bending qualities of the story, however. They make it that more fun...more
Jessi
Mar 20, 2009 Jessi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga, own
This series as a whole is mediocre. It starts off strong but gets weak. I started to notice it with the slap-stick silliness. It seems like the author put it in as a filler and it throws the plot off course. The writing is lacking and that is the most important thing, even with a manga.

If you like the girl pretending to be a boy theme you should go with one of the more popular series, like Hana-Kimi or W Juliet. I haven't read them but they have to be better than Girl Got Game.
Treasure
I enjoyed the "Girl Got Game" part, but then an entirely different story, "Makeover", begins and it is just random and not well done. I know there is often other manga or bonus material at the end, but this one took up a large portion of the book. When I pick up a sequel in a series, I expect it to be the story from the series, not a new story.
Chelsea
This volume was just as good as the first volume. I really like the characters in this series. The bonus stories "Makeover" & "False Girlfriend" were also pretty interesting.
Kadie D♥
Interesting manga, when will he finds it out?
Minty-chan~
so sweet! i hope they get together soon~
Savannah Johnson
Savannah Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Makis
Makis added it
Jul 15, 2014
Satzuki
Satzuki marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Sandra
Sandra added it
Jul 14, 2014
Jerrymaynor
Jerrymaynor marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Alexa Jazmine Barnachea
Alexa Jazmine Barnachea marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 13 (Hana-Kimi, #13)
  • Tokyo Boys & Girls, Vol. 1
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 11 (High School Debut, #11)
Current Residence: Sapporo
Zodiac: Gemini
Blood Type: A
Likes: potatoes, tea, karaoke
More about Shizuru Seino...
Girl Got Game, Book 1 Love Attack, Volume 1 Girl Got Game, Vol. 4 Girl Got Game, Vol. 3 Girl Got Game, Vol. 8