Start by marking “Girl Got Game, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Girl Got Game, Vol. 2

Girl Got Game, Vol. 2 (Girl Got Game #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  888 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This second volume of the only sports manga targeted towards girls will appeal to fans of the WNBA. Illustrations.
Published March 2nd 2004 by TokyoPop (first published March 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Girl Got Game, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Got Game, Vol. 2

Winny Yang
This is the next book of the series "Girl Got Game". It continues about the life of Chiharu trying to hide the fact that she's actually a girl. The interesting thing is that Chiharu starts to fall for Aizawa; the one who she'd said was a jerk!

Since I read the first book of the series, and since that book was so interesting, I just had to read the second book! I needed to find out what happened to Chiharu and Aizawa.

I decided to complete this book because I love this book and it's storyline. The
While this manga does have quite a bit of basketball in it, Girl Got Game is much more about the draaaammmmmaaaa, often crazily exaggerated, surrounding the two main characters: Chiharu and Kyo.

Thought to be honest, I doubt anyone reads it for the basketball content. The series is too hilarious on its own to be a true sport manga. Plus that whole romance thing really does steal the show.

I really enjoy the gender bending qualities of the story, however. They make it that more fun
Selsara 'Misfil'
Ngakak habis-habisan lihat Chiharu yang kelewat konyolnya! :D

NB: Ada dua cerita lepas di volume 2 ini. Belum kubaca sih. XD
Mar 20, 2009 Jessi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga, own
This series as a whole is mediocre. It starts off strong but gets weak. I started to notice it with the slap-stick silliness. It seems like the author put it in as a filler and it throws the plot off course. The writing is lacking and that is the most important thing, even with a manga.

If you like the girl pretending to be a boy theme you should go with one of the more popular series, like Hana-Kimi or W Juliet. I haven't read them but they have to be better than Girl Got Game.
I enjoyed the "Girl Got Game" part, but then an entirely different story, "Makeover", begins and it is just random and not well done. I know there is often other manga or bonus material at the end, but this one took up a large portion of the book. When I pick up a sequel in a series, I expect it to be the story from the series, not a new story.
Mar 21, 2015 Cleo rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
It's a cute story, but I was disappointed that it was cut short. It's nice to have bonus material, but I was expecting a full volume.
This volume was just as good as the first volume. I really like the characters in this series. The bonus stories "Makeover" & "False Girlfriend" were also pretty interesting.
Kadie D♥
Interesting manga, when will he finds it out?
so sweet! i hope they get together soon~
Tamieka Williams
Tamieka Williams marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
N.Salsa441gmail.Com marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Artcherell marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Sam added it
Oct 31, 2015
Angela Simeon
Angela Simeon marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Amanda Stitt
Amanda Stitt marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Abby added it
Oct 24, 2015
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 13 (Hana-Kimi, #13)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4)
  • Othello, Volume 4
  • Forbidden Dance, Vol. 1
  • High School Debut, Vol. 09 (High School Debut, #9)
Current Residence: Sapporo
Zodiac: Gemini
Blood Type: A
Likes: potatoes, tea, karaoke
More about Shizuru Seino...

Girl Got Game (10 books)