Start by marking “Vampire Game, Volume 01” as Want to Read:
Vampire Game, Volume 01

Vampire Game, Volume 01 (Vampire Game #1)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,933 ratings  ·  38 reviews
One Century ago the king of Saint Pheliosta, and the Vampire King, Duzell, had a monumental duel. Duzell was defeated and cursed Phelios that they would fight again in their next re-incarnation, a century later.
99 and 1/2 years later, Duzell has been reborn as a wildcat and rescued from the wild by Ishtar, the great-granddaughter of his nemesis, Phelios. But where is Phel
Published June 17th 2003 by TokyoPop (first published November 20th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Game, Volume 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Game, Volume 01

Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoChibi Vampire, Vol. 01 by Yuna KagesakiHellsing, Vol. 01 by Kohta HiranoVampire Kisses by Ellen SchreiberMillennium Snow, Vol. 1 by Bisco Hatori
Best Vampire Manga
33rd out of 112 books — 177 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaBeauty Pop, Vol. 1 by Kiyoko AraiDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Awesome Manga
117th out of 349 books — 137 voters

More lists with this book...

Bani M
Very entertaining series. Often times (in any genre) there is a pattern where there are innocent, proper young girls being tempted by bad boys. This is kind of the opposite. The heroine is a bad girl- not evil at all, just very rebellious and lives to test the boundaries of her overprotective caretakers. One such caretaker is a weary but chivalrous young man. The two have huge chemistry but this, even being shoujo, is not a very romantic series. It is mostly focused on the characters adventuring ...more
If there is anything in this world that can rival my love for books, it's manga. Everyone loves a good romantic manga story, and that includes me.

Vampire Game is a cute story about Ishtar, the grand-daughter of Phelios, and Duzell, the reincarnated vampire king who was defeated by Phelios.

Phelios killed Duzell using the spell "La Gamme" which takes the life of the user. Before dying, Duzell cursed Phelios. After 100 years, both Phelios and Duzell would be reincarnated, and Phelios' reincarnati
Sophia F
I'm very much impressed with the start of this series. I realized I had been slacking on my reading this summer; BIG TIME, and decided to check out whichever manga series had the most volumes in at the same time. So I walk out of the library with 22 volumes in a huge [heavy] bag, and began reading (obviously). I wasn't expecting much with this to be brutally honest. The art appeared old and the storyline was likely to be cliché and overused, or simply bizarre on a whole other level of manga.
What an adorable vampireking/cat.
I still haven't decided what I think about the characters, since this is the only book in the series I have read, so my impression about them still have potential to move in both ways.
Something I can say though, is how much I like the way the bagground-story is told. Not as a "you need to be preparede so I will tell you again" not as "you are old enough to hear the story now" but as a tale that is only told again, because an old man forgot he had told it before.
Anne Freya
Wah, awalnya aku tdk berharap banyak...kukira artwork-nya bakal rame dan berantakan. Tapi di luar dugaan ternyata artwork-nya rapi dan ceritanya menarik juga. :) Sbnrnya lebih cocok kalo judulnya Vampire's Quest ketimbang Vampire Game...secara ini kan cerita tentang Duzell si Vampire King yg mencari reinkarnasi dari pembunuhnya, Raja Phelios.

Karakter Ishtar si wild princess yg eksentrik ini bnr2 sangat refreshing. Karakter Duzell juga, aku menyangka kalo raja vampir yg satu ini bakal sadis dan
Nicole Eatough
I love the artwork in this. Many manga have the characters routinely wear the same outfit, which I'm sure is much easier on the artists, but I really enjoyed Ishtar's varied and elaborate dresses.

Judal brings in an interesting and varied cast of characters to fill the stage of her story. There's a lot of political intrigue and maneuvering in this series, with a magic and vampires in the background to make things more interesting.

I didn't love the ending, but I didn't feel it was bad either. Ov
Jessica B

Vampire Game was something that my sister had, and it was the only thing for me to read after I'd finished The Dust of 100 Dogs, but it was better than I'd originally thought it would be!

The plot is somewhat juvenile- I mean, come on, a cat and a princess? And, it was too low on action for my manga tastes. But, other than that it wasn't bad. Definitely original.

The characters were really good! The main character, Ishtar, was pretty much a rude brat. Yet, I still
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one or not, as the vampire meme has been done so often, and I've read LOTS of vampire stories, novels, and manga. This feels written for a much younger audience than I am a part of, but I found it quite enjoyable. There was less action than in most of the manga I've read lately, and lots more dialogue, which I found as a nice change. The heroine in this story is not so cutesy. In fact, she has a kind of wicked side, which should be interesting to see how ...more
I read the entire series and to to be honest i was disappointed with the ending. There was one character i really like which is the vampire, Duzell. The girl i didn't like very much most of the time and i really didn't like her love interest. The story was interesting but it is not my top favorite.
for all of those people who think that i don't like vampire series, "meh!" this series is good, not amazing, but good. i might change my mind since i'm finally re-reading the series that i have holes in and read out of order. it was like the 10th or so manga series i own, so i started reading it years ago. do i remember when? nope. so they are all going to be classified as now. haha.

going back to the series. it's cute and fluffy, and has plot thickening events as the series progresses. the krawl
Leila Anani
Vampire game is a complete guilty pleasure. The story is a bit daft: evil vampire king Duzell is defeated by good wizard Phelious - who kills them both by casting "La Gamme" a suicide spell. With his last breath Duzell says he will return in 100 years and kill Phelios' reincarnation.

Duzell returns but as a house cat (and a tiny bit early) - He becomes the pet of Phelios' headstrong granddaughter Ishtar in the hope that he can bite various relatives trying to find Phelios' reincarnation.

The art
Zoe Carmina
Kinda confusing at first, but eventually it finds its flow.
Jan 06, 2015 Keira added it
I loved the story line but the manga could use some work.
it's pretty good so far
Jessica Bucholc
this is the totally awesome story of the vampire king duzzell and his quest to destroy the reincarnation of his 100 year old enemy. he is unfortunately reborn as a kwayl (some sort of fruit juice drinking feline with horns. lol) and becomes his ancient enemies great granddaughters "pet". this is definitally a book for any anime lover and definitally fun and humorous with a little drama thrown in there.
Biah Stalkerella
So freaking amusing!! Best princess story ever. The girl is so willing to jump into trouble and she totally doesn't care that Durzell is her ancestors evil nemesis reincarnation. All she cares is that he can shift shapes to look like her and she uses that to her advantage. It's so amazingly filled with adventure and the art is cool, the characters are livable, and everybody is so freaking amazing!
Apr 23, 2008 MayMay added it
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to MayMay by: my sister
Shelves: graphic-novel
The series as a whole was good in the beginning. Very funny and intriguing. I love romances where the characters have loved each other forever but have never told each other or something like that. lol The series declines in quality, I think towards the end. There are too many characters in too many places and things get a little confusing.
Vampire Game is one of the most amazing manga books I have ever read! :)) The characters are so funny and the story is so captivating.
I <3 Ishtar!
This is an AWESOME series! I put a hold on the series at the library, got them all in one go, and read them all in like 2 days!
Oct 28, 2008 Carly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Execellent manga! Especially for people who are just digging their teeth into this amazing genre...
I love restarting series. It puts a whole new perception on what you do and do not remember.
Aug 24, 2010 Maddie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: vampire lovers, teens, manga lovers
Shelves: manga
I really liked it, but some things I found that I didn't like. Overall - it was great.
Oct 28, 2008 Sandra rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of a good story and ALL manga fans!
It's a decent manga. The plot isn't out of this world original but it's a fun read.
A student recommended I read this, so I did. It's a quick read, and enjoyable.
Crystal Mooney
interesring storyline. good characters
Rahiem Da
I learn nothing from this book
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 1
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 1 (Ghost Hunt, #1)
  • Princess of the Damned
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 02
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 5
  • Who Ran My Underwear up the Flagpole?
  • Kyo Kara MAOH!, Volume 01
  • InuYasha Ani-Manga, Vol. 1 (Inuyasha Ani-Manga, #1)
  • Demon Diary, Vol. 03
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • Punch!, Vol. 1 (Punch!, #1)
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 1
  • Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)
  • Wishful Thinking
  • The Secret Notes of Lady Kanoko, Volume 1
  • Love Monster, Vol. 1

Vampire Game (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 2 (Vampire Game, #2)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 3 (Vampire Game, #3)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 4 (Vampire Game, #4)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 5 (Vampire Game, #5)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 6 (Vampire Game, #6)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 7 (Vampire Game, #7)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 8 (Vampire Game, #8)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 9 (Vampire Game, #9)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 10 (Vampire Game, #10)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 11 (Vampire Game, #11)
Vampire Game, Vol. 2 (Vampire Game, #2) Vampire Game, Vol. 4 (Vampire Game, #4) Vampire Game, Vol. 3 (Vampire Game, #3) Vampire Game, Vol. 5 (Vampire Game, #5) Vampire Game, Vol. 6 (Vampire Game, #6)