Start by marking “Vampire Game, Volume 01” as Want to Read:
Vampire Game, Volume 01

Vampire Game, Volume 01 (Vampire Game #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  2,330 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
One Century ago the king of Saint Pheliosta, and the Vampire King, Duzell, had a monumental duel. Duzell was defeated and cursed Phelios that they would fight again in their next re-incarnation, a century later.
99 and 1/2 years later, Duzell has been reborn as a wildcat and rescued from the wild by Ishtar, the great-granddaughter of his nemesis, Phelios. But where is Phel
Published June 17th 2003 by TokyoPop (first published November 20th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Game, Volume 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Game, Volume 01

Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoHellsing, Vol. 01 by Kohta HiranoChibi Vampire, Vol. 01 by Yuna KagesakiVampire Kisses by Ellen SchreiberMillennium Snow, Vol. 1 by Bisco Hatori
Best Vampire Manga
62 books — 209 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi Ohba
Awesome Manga
216 books — 144 voters

More lists with this book...

Bani M
Oct 21, 2009 Bani M rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Very entertaining series. Often times (in any genre) there is a pattern where there are innocent, proper young girls being tempted by bad boys. This is kind of the opposite. The heroine is a bad girl- not evil at all, just very rebellious and lives to test the boundaries of her overprotective caretakers. One such caretaker is a weary but chivalrous young man. The two have huge chemistry but this, even being shoujo, is not a very romantic series. It is mostly focused on the characters adventuring ...more
Lucille
Jun 19, 2012 Lucille rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-manga
If there is anything in this world that can rival my love for books, it's manga. Everyone loves a good romantic manga story, and that includes me.

Vampire Game is a cute story about Ishtar, the grand-daughter of Phelios, and Duzell, the reincarnated vampire king who was defeated by Phelios.

Phelios killed Duzell using the spell "La Gamme" which takes the life of the user. Before dying, Duzell cursed Phelios. After 100 years, both Phelios and Duzell would be reincarnated, and Phelios' reincarnati
Sophia F
I'm very much impressed with the start of this series. I realized I had been slacking on my reading this summer; BIG TIME, and decided to check out whichever manga series had the most volumes in at the same time. So I walk out of the library with 22 volumes in a huge [heavy] bag, and began reading (obviously). I wasn't expecting much with this to be brutally honest. The art appeared old and the storyline was likely to be cliché and overused, or simply bizarre on a whole other level of manga.
But
Jessica B
Jan 01, 2010 Jessica B rated it liked it
From shutupimreading.blogspot.com

Vampire Game was something that my sister had, and it was the only thing for me to read after I'd finished The Dust of 100 Dogs, but it was better than I'd originally thought it would be!

The plot is somewhat juvenile- I mean, come on, a cat and a princess? And, it was too low on action for my manga tastes. But, other than that it wasn't bad. Definitely original.

The characters were really good! The main character, Ishtar, was pretty much a rude brat. Yet, I still
Nina
Feb 28, 2014 Nina rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, ejer, comics
What an adorable vampireking/cat.
I still haven't decided what I think about the characters, since this is the only book in the series I have read, so my impression about them still have potential to move in both ways.
Something I can say though, is how much I like the way the bagground-story is told. Not as a "you need to be preparede so I will tell you again" not as "you are old enough to hear the story now" but as a tale that is only told again, because an old man forgot he had told it before.
Sarai
From Amazon.com Product Description
In an epic battle, King Phelios defeats the Vampire King Duzell, but both monarchs are mortally wounded. As the two lay dying, Duzell prophesies that the two will meet again after their death, and vows that he will be triumphant. At least half the prophesy is proven true when Duzell is resurrected 100 years later, as a baby wildcat who is rescued and adopted by Ishtar, who just happens to be the great-granddaughter of his nemesis, King Phelios. Ishtar is a play
Anne Freya
Apr 05, 2014 Anne Freya rated it really liked it
Wah, awalnya aku tdk berharap banyak...kukira artwork-nya bakal rame dan berantakan. Tapi di luar dugaan ternyata artwork-nya rapi dan ceritanya menarik juga. :) Sbnrnya lebih cocok kalo judulnya Vampire's Quest ketimbang Vampire Game...secara ini kan cerita tentang Duzell si Vampire King yg mencari reinkarnasi dari pembunuhnya, Raja Phelios.

Karakter Ishtar si wild princess yg eksentrik ini bnr2 sangat refreshing. Karakter Duzell juga, aku menyangka kalo raja vampir yg satu ini bakal sadis dan
Leila Anani
Vampire game is a complete guilty pleasure. The story is a bit daft: evil vampire king Duzell is defeated by good wizard Phelious - who kills them both by casting "La Gamme" a suicide spell. With his last breath Duzell says he will return in 100 years and kill Phelios' reincarnation.

Duzell returns but as a house cat (and a tiny bit early) - He becomes the pet of Phelios' headstrong granddaughter Ishtar in the hope that he can bite various relatives trying to find Phelios' reincarnation.

The art
Starbubbles
Jan 15, 2010 Starbubbles rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
for all of those people who think that i don't like vampire series, "meh!" this series is good, not amazing, but good. i might change my mind since i'm finally re-reading the series that i have holes in and read out of order. it was like the 10th or so manga series i own, so i started reading it years ago. do i remember when? nope. so they are all going to be classified as now. haha.

going back to the series. it's cute and fluffy, and has plot thickening events as the series progresses. the krawl
Supermomochan (peachyfishybooks)
This was hilarious because it was so rubbish. Hahaha! I remember being younger and wanting this manga series SO BADLY! I had found it a couple of years ago at Half Price Books, read it and totally loved it. An evil vampire gets reincarnated as a house "cat"?! I mean...how could anyone NOT like it. Re-reading this has made me realize how much my reading tastes have changed. The art is weird, not horrible, but like I find with a lot of old manga, everyone looks the same and it was sometimes hard t ...more
Yvensong
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one or not, as the vampire meme has been done so often, and I've read LOTS of vampire stories, novels, and manga. This feels written for a much younger audience than I am a part of, but I found it quite enjoyable. There was less action than in most of the manga I've read lately, and lots more dialogue, which I found as a nice change. The heroine in this story is not so cutesy. In fact, she has a kind of wicked side, which should be interesting to see how ...more
Nicole Eatough
Apr 29, 2015 Nicole Eatough rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I love the artwork in this. Many manga have the characters routinely wear the same outfit, which I'm sure is much easier on the artists, but I really enjoyed Ishtar's varied and elaborate dresses.

Judal brings in an interesting and varied cast of characters to fill the stage of her story. There's a lot of political intrigue and maneuvering in this series, with a magic and vampires in the background to make things more interesting.

I didn't love the ending, but I didn't feel it was bad either. Ov
Biah Stalkerella
Dec 03, 2013 Biah Stalkerella rated it it was amazing
So freaking amusing!! Best princess story ever. The girl is so willing to jump into trouble and she totally doesn't care that Durzell is her ancestors evil nemesis reincarnation. All she cares is that he can shift shapes to look like her and she uses that to her advantage. It's so amazingly filled with adventure and the art is cool, the characters are livable, and everybody is so freaking amazing!
Jessica Bucholc
Oct 11, 2012 Jessica Bucholc rated it it was amazing
this is the totally awesome story of the vampire king duzzell and his quest to destroy the reincarnation of his 100 year old enemy. he is unfortunately reborn as a kwayl (some sort of fruit juice drinking feline with horns. lol) and becomes his ancient enemies great granddaughters "pet". this is definitally a book for any anime lover and definitally fun and humorous with a little drama thrown in there.
MayMay
Apr 23, 2008 MayMay added it
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to MayMay by: my sister
Shelves: graphic-novel
Sara
The series as a whole was good in the beginning. Very funny and intriguing. I love romances where the characters have loved each other forever but have never told each other or something like that. lol The series declines in quality, I think towards the end. There are too many characters in too many places and things get a little confusing.
Jason
Picked this up on a whim and thought it was going to be ridiculous and it actually turned out to be pretty interesting. The reveal towards the end was surprising so early in the series and I think the mutual knowledge of the two main characters has the potential to send the series in unexpected directions.
Mariama
May 12, 2015 Mariama rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
I read the entire series and to to be honest i was disappointed with the ending. There was one character i really like which is the vampire, Duzell. The girl i didn't like very much most of the time and i really didn't like her love interest. The story was interesting but it is not my top favorite.
Becca
Dec 27, 2016 Becca rated it liked it
The first new manga I've read in a long time and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I've never read a fantasy manga that was set in a fictional universe, so that's very different. I'm going to try reading the next one though, and see how it goes.
Zala
Apr 23, 2016 Zala rated it liked it
Shelves: sampled
Note: I've read the first two Volumes of this manga series.

This is an interesting manga, but up to where I've read there isn't much resemblance between the story, and the title and blurb. At least I don't see it, and the story didn't keep me interested enough to continue reading.
Kirsty McCracken
Dec 12, 2016 Kirsty McCracken rated it really liked it
An intriguing plot with a bad ass girl main character and that always interesting stoic older male guard, alongside a century dead vampire reincarnated as a cat. What's not to love? Definitely a series I will continue if I find any more volumes. 4⭐ ...more
Rahiem Da
May 21, 2010 Rahiem Da rated it really liked it
I learn nothing from this book
Navya Ajan
Good series
Kristen
Oct 16, 2007 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphicnovels
I love restarting series. It puts a whole new perception on what you do and do not remember.
hunger games and K POP LAVA!!!!
it was SICK
Zach
Apr 29, 2015 Zach rated it it was amazing
IT WAS AMAZING I REALLY WANT MY SCHOOL TO GET THE REST OF THE SERIES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crystal Mooney
Dec 16, 2012 Crystal Mooney rated it really liked it
interesring storyline. good characters
Zoe Carmina
Jan 22, 2015 Zoe Carmina rated it it was ok
Kinda confusing at first, but eventually it finds its flow.
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Princess of the Damned
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 1
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 1 (Ghost Hunt, #1)
  • Kyo Kara MAOH!, Volume 01
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 02
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 5 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #5)
  • Punch!, Vol. 1 (Punch!, #1)
  • InuYasha Ani-Manga, Vol. 1 (Inuyasha Ani-Manga, #1)
  • The Class Trip (Sweet Valley Twins Super Edition, #1)
  • 恋だの愛だの 1 [Koi Dano Ai Dano 1]
  • Who Ran My Underwear up the Flagpole?
  • Wish, Vol. 01 (Wish, #1)
  • Wishful Thinking
  • Demon Diary, Volume 01
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • The Record of a Fallen Vampire, Volume 1

Vampire Game (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 2 (Vampire Game, #2)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 3 (Vampire Game, #3)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 4 (Vampire Game, #4)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 5 (Vampire Game, #5)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 6 (Vampire Game, #6)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 7 (Vampire Game, #7)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 8 (Vampire Game, #8)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 9 (Vampire Game, #9)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 10 (Vampire Game, #10)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 11 (Vampire Game, #11)