Start by marking “スキップ・ビート! 2” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
スキップ・ビート! 2

Yoshiki Nakamura

スキップ・ビート! 2 (Skip Beat! #2)

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  4,980 ratings  ·  66 reviews
After failing her audition, Kyoko has just about given up on her revenge--until Sho shows up at the gas station where she works and doesn't even recognize her! With her desire for vengeance rekindled, Kyoko goes back to the talent agency and gets assigned to the new "Love Me Section." There, she can earn points for good behavior, and if she earns enough, the agency will ba...more
Published (first published November 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about スキップ・ビート! 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about スキップ・ビート! 2

Nathalia  Cortés
Joyzi
Feb 14, 2011 Joyzi rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Skip Beat and Shoujo
Recommended to Joyzi by: Recyl
It was enjoyable and I did laugh at some parts but still nothing interesting is happening. I'm looking forward to the next volume because I wanted to find out if Kyoko can make her debut in showbiz.
Melissa
Jan 03, 2014 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Shojo fans
Shelves: manga
What It’s About: After rejecting her at the audition, L.M.E. president, Lory Takarada, invites Kyoko to join the newly created Love Me section. The idea is that by helping established celebrities, Kyoko will regain the ability to love. However, how will she deal L.M.E.’s spoiled pop princess, Ruriko Matsunai?

The Good: This volume was even better than the last. Nakamura seems to have become fully comfortable with the series at this point. Yes, it is still quite ridiculous, but I don’t think that...more
Sheila
Theresa ♫
Mar 25, 2012 Theresa ♫ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for a laugh
Let me just get something clear (that's not really...related to this book)...
You're supposed to sleep AT NIGHT right?
Unless you're a mythical vampire...or unless you're a non-sleeping twilight vampire...or....unless you're a raccoon (but haven't people seen that in the daytime, too?).

I was reading this book right after I typed the review for Volume One. It's been a LOOOOOOONG time since I've finished a manga in one day. I usually take forever now because I have school and I have procrastinating...more
Christal
Jun 03, 2008 Christal rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYONE
Recommended to Christal by: no one
omg love iT!

16 year olf Kyoko s first love shes ever had named Sho, the one she dropped out of high school for, cooks for, cleans for, does everything for but gets nothing even works multiple jobs for calls her a loser, nothing, meaning less, stupid, to another woman. while Kyoko is delvering his lunch in between her 5 (or 3 dont remember) jobs to his work , he works as an up-and-coming-singer in tokyo. she vows to upstage him at his own game show business there is only one choice since she can...more
Penny
Jan 15, 2013 Penny rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga-read, manga
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky...more
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
At the end of Volume 1, Kyoko's dreams of joining LME talent agency were dashed because she was too focused on revenge and couldn't accept the idea of love. Kyoko hasn't given up. Unlike the average manga female character, Kyoko hasn't decided that her negative attitude is a bad idea and reformed into a cheerful, sweet character. Nope. Kyoko is as focused on revenge as ever. She won't accept no from LME.

Luckily, LME likes persistence. They create a Love Me Section - for people who must work to b...more
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
Nov 04, 2012 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: OneManga.com
Shelves: manga, 2008, reviewed
This volume begins with Act 6: Labyrinth of Reunion.

The Cover: very beautiful coloring that gives it a whimsical undertone.

The Story: After the gut busting audition in the first volume. Kyoko gets a second job as a gas station attendant.

The Rant:I can't help but to point this out, but our country used to perform this as a free service for the U.S.'s mom and pop gas stations. It brought in decent customers, and seemed very much like Walton's Mountain. Oh Rob Thomas you were right when you asked...more
Nicole
I gave volume two a higher rating than the previous volume because I think the story has really hit a good stride and I'm enjoying it much more. Volume two finds Kyoko struggling with a part-time job, auditioning for a talent agency, and eventually getting hired (thanks to her tenacity) in a special department of the agency called the "Love Me" Section. The Director wants to cultivate the only quality he sees missing in Kyoko (the ability to nurture love for herself and others - that was squashe...more
Lola
Hahahaha there are some really funny parts in this book <3
I was laughing out really loud, even though my family was sleeping, i was shocked that i didn't wake hem up :D
*Queen Diva*
Lol, Kyoko was a lot more awesome in this volume. I loved all the evil spirits coming off her. I hope she kicks Ruriko's butt in the act-off competition!
Kristen
Yeesss!! Second was even better than the first. I'm hooked.
Kristin
Story: 5
Artwork: 5
Satisfaction: 5

Kyoko has been weeded out of the audition pool after the first cut and she's left uncertain as to her future. After some help from Taisho, the boss of the restaurant that she lives over, she decides to take another shot. Lucky for her, the Boss of LME (the talent agency) has taken notice of Kyoko and wants her to be the first member of the "Love Me" section, a group dedicated to learning how to want to be loved.

Kyoko starts an acting challenge against an annoying...more
Michelle
I'm going to see how many more volumes i can stand until i jump off a cliff.

I don't have a problem with: the slow movement of the story, the annoying main character, the horrible blocking LIKE MANGAKAS SHOULD BE GIVEN A BLOCKING CLASS BEFORE THEY START A MANGA this is not legal, and that the art isn't that good. I read yumemiru taiyou because the art was pretty neat NOT because it has a good plot.

Anyways, i really wish i could like this, it looks promising, but maybe i'll just watch the korean d...more
Malakeh Karameh
kyoko is a young girl that entered the LME agency to make a debut in the pop-business . she wants to take revenge from her childhood friend shu fuma because he used her . For kyoko , who lose the most important things for a popstar >>A heart to love and to be loved<< , Rory Takarada, the boss of LME , made a new section , division >> Love Me << . Kyoko first has to do her job with all her hearts passion and the ability to win people their love back , or else she will neve...more
Selena
Shoujo manga is in serious need of more female characters like Kyoko.

No more push overs! We need strong characters willing to do whatever it takes!

Her only downside is that the only reason she's doing all this (at the moment) is for revenge... But hey, no character should be perfect. In fact, if she wasn't doing it for revenge, she'd be like a lot of other idol characters. That chip on her shoulder is what makes Kyoko the Kyoko I like so much.
Morgan
There are a lot of really asshole-ish people in this manga. It's really off putting. I think it's stupid that she won't be hired because she doesn't "love" others but all these spoiled brats and fuckwits are already hired into the business. How is that fair? How is that right? Why didn't the boss hire those people and not her? She has just as much right with her own motivation as the rest of these fractured people.
Sara
Dec 19, 2011 Sara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sara by: My BFF
Shelves: manga, humor, shoujo
First, I should mention that I'm reading a very crappy translation of this series and cannot seem to find another out there. After reading another whole volume and a half, I'm determined to look harder because it's pretty unbearable. I know this was a really good volume, however, because I've seen this far in the anime and the goodness of this series shines through even the worst of translations.
Starbubbles
oh, the infamous love me section! love it! the little kyokos and the expressions on all of the characters become true staples in this series. i honestly chuckle (and sometimes just start laughing) every time i read this. then there's the fairy tale obsession. oh, you start to fully see how much kyoko loves her fairy tales.
Natalie
In this volume Kyoko enters showbiz at the very bottom, and is harassed by a spoiled idol. The woman even makes her carry her to the set of a movie piggy back style. Kyoko has some interaction with Ren, the guy I think she'll end up with at the end of the series. As far as I know this is still an ongoing unfinished series in Japan.
Kendra
My dd has been introducing me to manga and I've really been enjoying those that I've read. This storyline has a pretty thin premise, but I've enjoyed seeing what the author has done with it. I think Kyoko is truly developing as a character and I can't wait to see what happens next in her quest to get revenge.
LaTara
I love this series! I plan on buying all of them (unfortunately there's limited availability in my hometown). I recommend this book to anyone who's ever wanted to get revenge ^^ oh and it's about a cute girl's acting career as well. I'm so totally rooting for Kyoko. I hope she gets her revenge!
Clarissa M
I think that Kyoko is very storng-willed to keep fighting for an outragous goal such as hers. But she set her mind to it, and does not give up when things get on the overly-complicated side. I like how the storyline is definately different from a lot of others.
Jeffrey
Absurd, over the top, ridiculous, fun. It's hard to find a good reason for you to read this book. The concepts feel a bit like a bad teen sitcom plot. But for some reason I still enjoyed it.

I wouldn't call it good, but it is entertaining.
Daniella Murillo
Ruriko is so mean! But when Kyoko's demons get out, she can be even meaner! Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I keep shipping Kyoko/Ren. I really hope they end up together because Ren is such a good character and I really like him.
Also, the President is awesome.
Lord
I think the beginning of this volume was quite weak but it got much better and interesting at the end with the battle of Kyoko vs. Ruri. And, of course, that made me pick up the third volume (last I have at the moment) right away! ^_^
Rachel
I really don't know what to say. This story is so weird, but so fun.
Keri (JD)
Great 2nt manga, I read this one way faster than the first. The beat speeds up. I love the "Love me" section and Kyoko's obsession with Princess's. I have done the 'mentally pretend I am a princess' move in the past too.
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 20 (Hana-Kimi, #20)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 2
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...
Skip Beat!, Vol. 01 Skip Beat!, Vol. 12 Skip Beat!, Vol. 10 Skip Beat!, Vol. 06 Skip Beat!, Vol. 04

“If you get stuck to the committed path then...
this wall has to be..