Start by marking “Skip Beat!, Vol. 02” as Want to Read:
Skip Beat!, Vol. 02

Skip Beat!, Vol. 02 (Skip Beat! #2)

4.47  ·  Rating Details ·  6,966 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous enough! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!
Published September 5th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 19th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Skip Beat!, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skip Beat!, Vol. 02

Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 by Rei TōmaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Volume 01 by Tite KuboSkip Beat!, Vol. 02 by Yoshiki Nakamura
Manga read in 2012
5th out of 149 books — 29 voters
Red River, Vol. 28 by Chie ShinoharaKodocha by Miho ObanaPandora Hearts パンドラハーツ 1 by Jun MochizukiAlice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 01 by QuinRoseSoul Eater, Vol. 22 by Atsushi Ohkubo
More Manga than one can grasp!
37th out of 100 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Jun 03, 2008 Christal rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ANYONE
Recommended to Christal by: no one
omg love iT!

16 year olf Kyoko s first love shes ever had named Sho, the one she dropped out of high school for, cooks for, cleans for, does everything for but gets nothing even works multiple jobs for calls her a loser, nothing, meaning less, stupid, to another woman. while Kyoko is delvering his lunch in between her 5 (or 3 dont remember) jobs to his work , he works as an up-and-coming-singer in tokyo. she vows to upstage him at his own game show business there is only one choice since she can
Jul 03, 2008 Kendra rated it really liked it
My dd has been introducing me to manga and I've really been enjoying those that I've read. This storyline has a pretty thin premise, but I've enjoyed seeing what the author has done with it. I think Kyoko is truly developing as a character and I can't wait to see what happens next in her quest to get revenge.
Mar 03, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by:
This volume begins with Act 6: Labyrinth of Reunion.

The Cover: very beautiful coloring that gives it a whimsical undertone.

The Story: After the gut busting audition in the first volume. Kyoko gets a second job as a gas station attendant.

The Rant:I can't help but to point this out, but our country used to perform this as a free service for the U.S.'s mom and pop gas stations. It brought in decent customers, and seemed very much like Walton's Mountain. Oh Rob Thomas you were right when you asked
Mar 08, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shojo
I gave volume two a higher rating than the previous volume because I think the story has really hit a good stride and I'm enjoying it much more. Volume two finds Kyoko struggling with a part-time job, auditioning for a talent agency, and eventually getting hired (thanks to her tenacity) in a special department of the agency called the "Love Me" Section. The Director wants to cultivate the only quality he sees missing in Kyoko (the ability to nurture love for herself and others - that was squashe ...more
Sep 07, 2016 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-manwha
Originally Read: 2011
Re-read Sept 2016

THis volume reminded me why I am not a fan of celebrities in real life. SO many have attitude problems or think they are better than everyone else. Seriously each person irked me with their cocky, "higher than thou" behaviors. Ruriko winds the prize there though. Brat!

This volume starts Kyoko off as the first member of the Love Me section of LME. And her uniform! I feel so sorry that she has to wear that. I wish she would better explain her obsession with S
Feb 14, 2011 Joyzi rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Skip Beat and Shoujo
Recommended to Joyzi by: Recyl
It was enjoyable and I did laugh at some parts but still nothing interesting is happening. I'm looking forward to the next volume because I wanted to find out if Kyoko can make her debut in showbiz.
Dec 19, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sara by: My BFF
Shelves: manga, shoujo, humor
First, I should mention that I'm reading a very crappy translation of this series and cannot seem to find another out there. After reading another whole volume and a half, I'm determined to look harder because it's pretty unbearable. I know this was a really good volume, however, because I've seen this far in the anime and the goodness of this series shines through even the worst of translations.
Theresa ♫
Mar 25, 2012 Theresa ♫ rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for a laugh
Let me just get something clear (that's not really...related to this book)...
You're supposed to sleep AT NIGHT right?
Unless you're a mythical vampire...or unless you're a non-sleeping twilight vampire...or....unless you're a raccoon (but haven't people seen that in the daytime, too?).

I was reading this book right after I typed the review for Volume One. It's been a LOOOOOOONG time since I've finished a manga in one day. I usually take forever now because I have school and I have procrastinating
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Apr 01, 2012 Alison (AlisonCanRead) rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
At the end of Volume 1, Kyoko's dreams of joining LME talent agency were dashed because she was too focused on revenge and couldn't accept the idea of love. Kyoko hasn't given up. Unlike the average manga female character, Kyoko hasn't decided that her negative attitude is a bad idea and reformed into a cheerful, sweet character. Nope. Kyoko is as focused on revenge as ever. She won't accept no from LME.

Luckily, LME likes persistence. They create a Love Me Section - for people who must work to b
Dina Magdy
Dec 30, 2015 Dina Magdy rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga, shoujo
I'm going to see how many more volumes i can stand until i jump off a cliff.

I don't have a problem with: the slow movement of the story, the annoying main character, the horrible blocking LIKE MANGAKAS SHOULD BE GIVEN A BLOCKING CLASS BEFORE THEY START A MANGA this is not legal, and that the art isn't that good. I read yumemiru taiyou because the art was pretty neat NOT because it has a good plot.

Anyways, i really wish i could like this, it looks promising, but maybe i'll just watch the korean d
Dec 11, 2012 Selena rated it it was amazing
Shoujo manga is in serious need of more female characters like Kyoko.

No more push overs! We need strong characters willing to do whatever it takes!

Her only downside is that the only reason she's doing all this (at the moment) is for revenge... But hey, no character should be perfect. In fact, if she wasn't doing it for revenge, she'd be like a lot of other idol characters. That chip on her shoulder is what makes Kyoko the Kyoko I like so much.
Jun 11, 2015 Courtney rated it really liked it
(view spoiler)

I'd say
Jan 15, 2013 Penny rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga-read, manga
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky
Jul 09, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it
In this volume Kyoko enters showbiz at the very bottom, and is harassed by a spoiled idol. The woman even makes her carry her to the set of a movie piggy back style. Kyoko has some interaction with Ren, the guy I think she'll end up with at the end of the series. As far as I know this is still an ongoing unfinished series in Japan.
Aug 27, 2013 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Story: 5
Artwork: 5
Satisfaction: 5

Kyoko has been weeded out of the audition pool after the first cut and she's left uncertain as to her future. After some help from Taisho, the boss of the restaurant that she lives over, she decides to take another shot. Lucky for her, the Boss of LME (the talent agency) has taken notice of Kyoko and wants her to be the first member of the "Love Me" section, a group dedicated to learning how to want to be loved.

Kyoko starts an acting challenge against an annoying
Aug 28, 2013 Sheila rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2013 Morgan rated it it was ok
There are a lot of really asshole-ish people in this manga. It's really off putting. I think it's stupid that she won't be hired because she doesn't "love" others but all these spoiled brats and fuckwits are already hired into the business. How is that fair? How is that right? Why didn't the boss hire those people and not her? She has just as much right with her own motivation as the rest of these fractured people.
Jan 03, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Shojo fans
Shelves: manga
What It’s About: After rejecting her at the audition, L.M.E. president, Lory Takarada, invites Kyoko to join the newly created Love Me section. The idea is that by helping established celebrities, Kyoko will regain the ability to love. However, how will she deal L.M.E.’s spoiled pop princess, Ruriko Matsunai?

The Good: This volume was even better than the last. Nakamura seems to have become fully comfortable with the series at this point. Yes, it is still quite ridiculous, but I don’t think that
Mar 03, 2014 Nathalia rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
This volume started as pathetic and ridiculous as the first but became almost as addictive!

I loved the concept of the Love Me department with the stamps and tasks to earn her way into the agency. Her reaction to the department is so funny because Ren tells her about it! I love his attitude and how he's helping her to grow up in a way.

The first task with the floors is ridiculous, I liked the one with the spoiled actress much better. I really enjoyed where this ended. We even get a tad more backgr
Jan 04, 2016 Lauren rated it really liked it
This was such a hilarious series! Kyoko was such a quirky character and was always doing stuff to get into trouble. I liked the transformation of her character throughout the series and how she found out that instead of having to rely on a boy she could make it on her own. There was a love triangle that I also enjoyed very much.
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

This volume isn't as fast paced as the first one, so this volume slightly dragged. Not much happened so it's a good thing I have access to the next volume immediately after because if I had read this as it was published, I probably would have dropped it. Although the characters are very interesting, and Kyoko provides much amusement. Let's hope the plot starts moving again in the next volume.
Really good. I already watched the anime for the manga and this was my favorite part of the series. Kyoko is such a unique and interesting character. She always does something that makes me laugh and ALWAYS keeps me entertained. I think the drawings were really cute and suited the plot and the sh characters. Kyoko really went through a transformation and looked amazing. Can't wait to read the next volume!
Earl C
Very quick review:
-writing: 3 stars
-story: 3.5 stars
-characters: 3.5 stars
-accessibility: 3 stars
-setting: 3 stars
-artwork: 4 stars

I read the first three volumes of this series at the recommendation of my niece. I can completely understand why she loves them. They are not, however, really written for me. Please keep that in mind with my review. She gave them five stars for what I think are very valid reasons. They are engaging enough stories with very solid artwork and some interesting author co
Jul 07, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it
Kyoko worships the ground that Sho Fuwa walks on -- until he dumps her. In her rage, Kyoko vowed to get her revenge by beating Sho in show business, and now she has to make good on that promise. The art is gorgeous, Kyoko's vengeful demons are hilarious, and anyone who has ever had a bad experience with love can relate. This isn't a manga that deals with cutesy love stories -- it deals with some grittier elements as well, something that makes it endearing to me even as an adult. Love isn't all h ...more
Joy Waters
Aug 11, 2016 Joy Waters rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016 Lid added it
Shelves: manga
En mangas sólo puntúo el primer volumen como nota general del manga

Es la hora de que Kyoko demuestre sus habilidades y parece más dispuesta que nunca pero ¿quién renunciaría a un reto de una niña mimada con el que podría lanzarse a la fama?

Kyoko es ideal, su valentía, su cabezonería y sus demonios internos, todo ello la hace especial. Por su parte Ren cada vez me gusta más. Que shippeable todo *___*
Sep 14, 2016 Jaqueline rated it it was amazing
The book was very inspiring. It talks about how "dumb" she was when she was in love with a singer and she ended up finding out he used her. When living with him in such a young age, she uses what she was taught by her crushes parents to help her accomplish her goal. She tries to find the meaning of love again to be able to achieve her goal, winning against her old crush. When trying to find the meaning of love again she ended up being used again but, she didn't let that stop her from trying to a ...more
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 15 (Hana-Kimi, #15)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 6 (Beauty Pop, #6)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 10 (High School Debut, #10)
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...

Skip Beat! (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 01
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 08
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 09
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 10
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 11

“If you get stuck to the committed path then...
this wall has to be..