Start by marking “In Bruges: A Screenplay” as Want to Read:
In Bruges: A Screenplay

In Bruges: A Screenplay

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  11 reviews
After a shooting in London goes hideously wrong, two hitmen, Ray and Ken, are sent to hide out in the strange, Gothic, medieval town of Bruges, Belgium, by their volatile and dangerous boss, Harry Waters. While awaiting instructions from him as to what to do next, the pair attempt to deal both with their feelings over the botched killing and their differing attitudes towar ...more
Published April 15th 2008 by Faber & Faber

To ask other readers questions about In Bruges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Bruges

Jeremiah
I've got a literary man-crush on McDonagh.
Tom Romig
Two prerequisites before reading the screenplay: 1) you have, of course, had to see the movie first, 2) you have to like dark and vulgar humor. OK, now you can spend a pleasant evening with what turns out to be a thought provoking tale of honor, vengeance, despair, and, yes, morality.
K.m.
Pros: Effortless, punchy dialogue, good sense of character, ridiculous and morbid humor, Cons: Probably more satisfying movie than play, Some tired, uncool gags (e.g: Ray mocking and punching heavy Americans because of their weight, insulting a guy by repeatedly and colorfully calling him gay, going on about 'midgets', ugh)
Payam
Fantastic screenplay, Excellent movie !
but removed scenes are awesome!
i don't know why they cut out those scenes from movie!
it sounds more like his Plays with those scenes
there is a scene that Ken is lying in the bed,reading a book, "The Death Of Capone" by K.K.Katurian . Katurian is a main character of his play "The Pillowman"
Bookamante
Just saw McDonagh's play "The Lieutenant of Inishmore" which is an outrageous dark comedy. Also rented his short film "Six Shooter". I think I found my favorite modern writer. The screenplay for "In Bruges" is brilliant too.
Jamie Grefe
The experience of finishing this screenplay and suddenly not knowing what day it is and honestly oblivious to how the evening light shifted from the magic hour of dusk to pitch black. I was engrossed in this beauty!
Arin
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Jackie
Oh God. Martin McDonagh can do things that are so wrong and still do no wrong. That's talent for you.
Darin Strachan
This is one of the few scripts I've read that makes me laugh almost as much as viewing the film.
Miss F.
I prefer the movie's execution of the ending. Other than that, it's brilliant.
Thatcher
Bloody brilliant.
Tiago
Tiago marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Paul Hayes
Paul Hayes marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Avni
Avni marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
پر
پر marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Dianne
Dianne added it
Jul 24, 2015
Dag
Dag marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Arta
Arta marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
  • A Field Guide to Irish Fairies
  • Stones of Aran: Pilgrimage (Stones of Aran #1)
  • Irisches Tagebuch
  • Inishowen
  • Bullfighting: Stories
  • Athena (The Freddie Montgomery Trilogy, #3)
  • Antarctica
  • Set in Stone
  • Being John Malkovich
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • Intimate Apparel - Acting Edition
  • Time Stands Still (TCG Edition)
  • Bug
  • Benny and Omar
  • Fargo
  • The Book Stops Here (Mobile Library Mystery, #3)
While still in his twenties, the Anglo-Irish playwright Martin McDonagh filled houses in New York and London, was showered with the theatre world's most prestigious accolades, and electrified audiences with his cunningly crafted and outrageous tragicomedies.
More about Martin McDonagh...
The Pillowman The Beauty Queen of Leenane and Other Plays The Cripple of Inishmaan The Lieutenant of Inishmore The Beauty Queen of Leenane