Start by marking “No Offense, Darlin'” as Want to Read:
No Offense, Darlin'

Read Book

No Offense, Darlin'

4.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Jake Roberson is nothing but a lying bastard. Every whisper that falls from his lips is a betrayal, but I can’t seem to convince myself to walk away. When he comes sauntering toward me, all those particulars go right out the window, and I cave. Every. Single. Time.

No more, though. I can’t. There’s too much at stake this time around, and I won’t have it.

Besides, one night
ebook

To ask other readers questions about No Offense, Darlin', please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Offense, Darlin'

Michelle
Jul 01, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes!! This book is HOT! This is a turn of events that you don't see coming! You just can't stop reading this one to find out how it ends!
A
Jul 26, 2016 A rated it really liked it
ARC received in exchange for an honest review :)

I'm still not sure what to think about this book... I definitely enjoyed it, just not as much as the previous story... although the exact reasons why...? I'm gonna need a few more days to think about all that :) the writing style is definitely still there, because I read quite a long story pretty quickly, but... I don't know... give me a few days to mull over everything and you'll have a full review on the day of the release ;)

edited to add my full
Jennifer Andrews-Leise
Jul 19, 2016 Jennifer Andrews-Leise rated it it was amazing
No Offense Darlin' is S.J. Sawyer's best book yet! S.J. managed to take a character that I absolutely despised in the Like a Lady Serial, Shelby, and made me want to be her friend by the time I finished the book. S.J. took you so far into Shelby's character that you truly understood what made her tick and why she did the bad things that she did. S.J. truly wrote a character who has many layers and I enjoyed the chance to get to know the many facets of Shelby.

I also enjoyed the fact that Beau ne
Erica
Jul 26, 2016 Erica rated it really liked it
No Offense, Darlin' is my first S.J. Sawyer book. I enjoyed the story and the writing but at times I seriously wanted to strangle Shelby.
I understand her feelings of inadequacy given her upbringing and peoples interpretation of her family but she took it too far.
Beau is perfect in every way.
He's got a good heart, can see through the BS, can encourage you to see the best in yourself and not give a damn about others opinions.
He wanted to give Shelby the world, only she was too ignorant/confused/d
Breanna Eichhorn
Jul 25, 2016 Breanna Eichhorn rated it it was amazing
Beau can't stop thinking about Shelby, they have been friends for years and he doesn't want to mess that up. He wants her to see how bad Jake Robinson is. When there is a ruckus down at the bar Beau is called to put a stop to it. When he gets there he sees Jake fuming about his truck. Beau gets Shelby out of trouble and takes her home.
Shelby has a lot of demons that she has to work through, she doesn't think that she is good enough to be with Beau. Was with Jake Robinson, Pregnant. Beau Reed is
Nikki Mcelroy Turner
Jul 24, 2016 Nikki Mcelroy Turner rated it it was amazing
I have loved everyone of S.J. Sawyer's books. This one may be my favorite, though. Beau is hot as hell and sweet as candy!! He is head over heels in love with Shelby, who I honestly thought had no redeeming qualities. But Ms. Sawyer has this amazing ability to draw you in to her characters and her stories and make you fall in love!! The whole Like A Lady series is worth your time and money and No Offense, Darlin' is an awesome way to spend your time!!!!
Headtripping Books
Jul 25, 2016 Headtripping Books rated it really liked it
What a entertaining read full of heart and love, with engaging characters and an awesome story line, what more could you as for? Sometimes write the story of one of their disliked characters, it's hard to see past what they have done and redeem them in the eye of the reader but Sawyer has done that so bravo to you. Shelby has a lot of heart struggles and pushes people away, but you could see when she decided to pull her big girl panties up and ask and accept help, we all need help sometimes. Bea ...more
Jillian
Jul 06, 2016 Jillian rated it it was amazing
You know when you read a series, and there is a book of them all that becomes your favorite? Well, this would be mine.
When an author can do something you never thought possible, make you love a character you loathe! Oh ya, she did that here.
Shelby Case is not a character I could love, or so I thought. But her story is so much like one of my own it is scary.
If you have read the rest of the series you know why Shelby is not a liked person in this small town. If you haven't, well, I'm not going t
Amber
Jul 24, 2016 Amber rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend reading the Like A Lady series prior to this book. And you will definitely have needed to before reading this review.

Shelby was a bone of contention in the Like A Lady series or Red & Mason's relationship. So I went into this not a Shelby fan. How quickly that changed! You find out more about Shelby's life and circumstances and you really like her - just don't tell Red ;-).

Beau has been Shelby's biggest fan/friend/wish he was more for years. He hates seeing her stress her
Lisa Gerkey **Romance Book Nerd blog**
Once I dislike someone it’s hard to change my feelings. Shelby isn’t a person to love in the previous books. Beau is a character that you can’t help but fall in love with. Shelby’s character does get redemption when you understand why she is the person she is. I just love that Beau never gives up. He’s always there for her.
This book is a little long and at times I found myself a little bored with all the narrative but the plot and characters are great. I think there is a great chance that you wi
wendy Shelton
Jul 26, 2016 wendy Shelton rated it really liked it
. S.J. does a great job, the flow is great , I loved the characters. Beau is great, his love for Shelby never falter. Shelby is a character you never thought you would like but you see a side of her that you can like. This was really a great read.
JC (Jen)
Jul 28, 2016 JC (Jen) rated it it was amazing
I don't like to pick favorites but this is definitely up there on one of my favorite books from this series! I absolutley LOVE Beau! I really loved getting to know Shelby, and my heart breaks for her. There are some major surprises to this story and I'm not going to ruin any of them with a spoiler so I will stop here ;) Just read it, seriously! <3
Karen Bleznak
Karen Bleznak marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Nea Barabea
Nea Barabea marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Stephenee
Stephenee is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2016
Tricia Witt
Tricia Witt marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Jennifer Lessard
Jennifer Lessard marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Shani
Shani marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Gina Gibbs
Gina Gibbs marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Linda Buzard-Moffitt marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Kieralee Bridge
Kieralee Bridge marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Penny Leidecker
Penny Leidecker marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Amannda Raimondi
Amannda Raimondi marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Hello, everyone! Thank you so much for your interest in me and my work. I hope everyone enjoys my characters as much as I do. They are all so delightful in their own way. So, about me, I'm a twenty something Okie girl who has a husband, three children, and some really awesome friends who work as my Beta Girls. I have a Bachelors degree in English Lit, minoring in Sociology. I've always wanted to b ...more
More about S.J. Sawyer...