Start by marking “One Golden Ring (Brazen Brides Book 2)” as Want to Read:
One Golden Ring (Brazen Brides Book 2)

One Golden Ring (Brazen Brides #2)

Holt Medallion Winner

"Not just a warm, toasty holiday tale, this novel is an emotionally touching romance." 4 Stars – Romantic Times

"This has got to be the most PERFECT Regency Romance that I have read this year." 5 STARS – Huntress Reviews
* * *
Lady Fiona Hollingsworth never thinks of herself as particularly daring – until she learns that her beloved brother needs her
Published December 15th 2015 by Harper & Appleton (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about One Golden Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Golden Ring

The Tea Rose by Jennifer DonnellyTwice Tempted by Eileen DreyerFiona by Catherine GaskinHow To Be A Scottish Mistress by Adrienne BassoShrek! by William Steig
"Fiona"
27th out of 39 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Brittany
Aug 04, 2016 Brittany rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
I was looking for a good historical series to read and decided to give this one a shot. I did enjoy Fiona's story a great deal. I am looking forward to the next one.
Mey Buentipo
This is the first book I read from Ms. Bolen. I loved the plot of the book and fast pace of it. The secondary involvement of the siblings is also a good touch. The h/h are good togther, but I got tired of all the suspicions. I like more to read about the remaining 2 siblings and hope that they their own story. Unfortunately this is not a series books.

So, what do not like. There so many issues that should had been elaborated rather than the misunderstanding jealousy of the h/h. There should have
Leslie Marshman
Feb 11, 2016 Leslie Marshman rated it it was amazing
A Warmhearted Regency Winner

Lady Fiona Hollingsworth was born into the aristocratic class, with both title and money. After losing both parents, the family fortune and being left by her fiancé Lord Warwick, Fiona is trying to ransom back her brother Randolph who was kidnapped by Spanish bandits. Her only hope to save her brother is to convince Nicholas Birmingham, one of the richest men in England, to furnish the ransom money. But the only thing she has left to offer as collateral is herself. An
Kay Hudson
Jan 08, 2016 Kay Hudson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, e-books
In One Golden Ring, Cheryl Bolen visits one of her favorite situations, the marriage of convenience. When Lady Fiona Hollingsworth learns that her brother is being held for ransom by Spanish bandits, she decides that the only collateral she has with which to raise 25,000 pounds is herself, and her status as the daughter of an earl. Even though her late father left a near-worthless estate to her missing brother, she knows her own value as a member of the ton. So she approaches extremely wealthy b ...more
Nikki Hartline
Mar 02, 2016 Nikki Hartline rated it it was amazing
One Golden Ring

I enjoyed this book ever much. The characters were very believable. The story was good and the was very exciting.
Nickie Kuhn
Nov 05, 2012 Nickie Kuhn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so used to Cheryl Bolen's more "chaste" stories that this one kinda shocked me a little bit. There is A LOT of sexy time in this book, not that it's a bad thing. I like a book that makes me smile and laugh and this one did. My favorite character was definitely Trevor. There should be more flamboyant best friends in romance novels. He was fantastic.

The story progressed quickly and it was difficult at times for me to put it down. I really love Bolen's writing and this book was no different.
Amber
I actually had trouble rating this book. The marriage of convenience story was pretty typical (not in a bad way), and the misunderstandings made sense when taking into consideration the pride of the characters (even though they were, as always, kind of dumb). My main issue with the story was how MUCH story was enclosed. I often like subplots and so on, but in this case it was almost story overload for me. This book could have easily gone another 100 pages and I would have been satisfied.
Michele Lacroix
Sep 04, 2016 Michele Lacroix rated it really liked it
very enjoyable.
Ela Bell
Jan 01, 2016 Ela Bell rated it it was amazing
Excellent read, sexy scenes, great complications. A couple must overcome notions of class and marriage convenience to find love. Trust is part of the journey.
Hilary
Quick read. Predictable regency romance. Everyone gets a husband at the end.
Mo
put on hold list @ nypl Nov 28.
1 copy. 10th on list.
Donna
Jan 27, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Another book I could not put down.
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Maven
Maven is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2016
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Quinne
Quinne rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Catherine Dawson
Catherine Dawson rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Carole McNamee
Carole McNamee rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Dr. C.H. Tillis
Dr. C.H. Tillis rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Mickey Bone
Mickey Bone is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Salma Bello
Salma Bello marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Cami
Cami marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
MICHAEL LIBRAE
MICHAEL LIBRAE rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Patricia Schuette
Patricia Schuette marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Dorcas Steele
Dorcas Steele rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Kisses, She Wrote (The Prince Catchers, #1.5)
  • A Regency Christmas IV
  • Christmas Revels
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Baby, Let It Snow: I'll Be Home for Christmas\Second Chance Christmas
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Miss Kane's Christmas
  • Must Be Magic (Magic, #2)
  • Scandalous Summer Nights (Heart of Enquiry, #0.5)
  • The Winter Wife: A Christmas Novella
  • An Invitation to Sin
  • It Happened One Season
  • The Story of a Baron (The Sisters of the Aristocracy Book 1)
  • Christmas Brides
  • A Historical Christmas Present
  • Captain Corcoran's Hoyden Bride
  • A Little Book of Christmas
  • Just One Touch
Cheryl Bolen has enjoyed several successful careers. She's been a stay-at-home mother, a journalist, a public school English teacher, an antiques dealer, and in 1998 she debuted with her first novel, A DUKE DECEIVED.

With each endeavor came rewards. For the years she spent as a nurturing mother (including being a PTA officer, room mother, team mom, etc.), she looks with pride now on two extraordina
More about Cheryl Bolen...

Brazen Brides (3 books)
  • Counterfeit Countess: Brazen Brides, Book 1
  • Oh What A (Wedding) Night (Brazen Brides Book 3)