Muddled-Up Farm

Muddled-Up Farm

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Muddled-up Farm is a very special farm. From the cat to the cow it's full of surprises. On Muddled-up Farm all the animals happily make the wrong noises. Then a farm inspector arrives and demands that things must change. Things definitely change . . .but not in the way he expected!
Published October 1st 2002 by Random House Australia (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Muddled-Up Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muddled-Up Farm

Stacie Wyatt
I read the Muddled Up Farm, in exchange for review from Netgalley.Com. The book was published by Starbright books. The book was written by Mike Dumbleton and illustrated by Jobi Murphy. The book is a children's story about a farm, whose animals speak the wrong words. Along comes an inspector, who tries to correct the animals speak. The book reminds me of my boys. Both have problems with language. Brad even has his own language for some words. I know what his words mean, but to an outsider, they...more
Damera Blincoe
Review of Muddled-Up Farm by Mike Dumbleton
Release Date: May 31, 2013
Publisher: Star Bright Books
Age Group: 3-6
Format: eGalley
Source: NetGalley

I don’t know what I would do if my dog suddenly started to meow like a cat, but on the Muddled-Up Farm, animals don’t behave the way that they should. I found this book to be very captivating with bright, colorful illustrations. It was easy to read through and would definitely make a lasting impression on children. I gave the book four stars because it al...more
Andréa
Kids are sure to dissolve into giggle fits reading Muddled-Up Farm! The bright, colorful pictures depict cats eating hay and pigs on fences cock-a-doodle-dooing. Because on Muddled-Up Farm, you see, none of the animals make the "right" sounds or behave the "right" way--it's all switched around. That is, until a farm inspector arrives and strives to set things right... but his lessons don't turn out exactly the way he'd like!

For goofy, kooky, animal-noise-making kids, this is just the right book....more
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content

Mom's Thoughts:
I love reading books that are colorful, fun, and have learning hidden among the pages too. This book has it all! The illustrations are so bright, even a grown up could get a kick out of this book.
Not to mention that the animals are a little different than on a regular farm! My four year old laughed at all the different (and wrong) sounds of the many animals on this farm. It was also very easy for him to follow along to and this will definit...more
Sharon Tyler
Muddled-Up Farm by Mike Dumbleton and Jobi Murphy is a picturebook scheduled for release on March 15, 2013. On this farm, things are a little different. The animals do not make the expected sounds, and they are quite content. When the farm inspector comes for a visit and is shocked at the state of the farm. He is committed to 'fixing' the farm. Things certainly do change, but not necessarily the way he expected.

Muddled-Up Farm is a bright and fun story that will inspire giggles in most children....more
Suz
This is an amusing story of a farm inspector that tries to set things right on a farm where all the animals make the wrong noise. It really upsets him when the cat says, "Moo," or the goat says, "Woof." He stays at the farm and works with each of the animals to teach them the right thing to say. When he finally thinks he has the problem fixed, the surprise ending will make readers laugh.

The story reminded me of other humorous farm books like The Cow That Went Oink and Cock-a-Doodle-Moo. It would...more
Reanea
Old MacDonald would not be pleased.
Muddle-up farm, written by Mike Dumbelton and illustrated by Jobi Murphy is a wacky tale involving several farm animals whom seemingly have forgotten how to speak their individual languages and behaviors: the pig greets the morning by cock-a-doodle-doo-ing; and the horse enjoys sipping milk. As things continues to deteriorate, a determined farm inspector arrives in town to whip this farm into shape. Does his efforts prove successful? Or, do the animals need to...more
Pamela (slytherpuff)
Jan 05, 2013 Pamela (slytherpuff) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 0-3
See more of my reviews at Bettering Me Up.

My kids LOVE this book!

What happens when you get a cow that says meow and a cat that eats hay? Hilarity! Those "silly aminals" are doing all the wrong things!

But wait! The farm inspector is coming and he'll fix everything. Or will he?

I have read this book countless times over the past week. It's a bit difficult to read on the iPad -- "No honey, don't touch the screen" -- so I will definitely be purchasing the published version when it's released.

I recei...more
Melissa
Mike Dumbleton’s Muddled-up Farm is a very cute story that offers a lot of learning time for pre-readers. “On Muddled-up Farm the cat says Moo and the Pig on the fence calls cock-adoodle-doo.” And it just gets wackier from there. My little one had a great time telling me how silly it was and that cats don’t say moo. It is a short and simple story about an inspector who tries to change the unique animals on Muddled-up Farm and what happens and we had a blast reading it again and again.
Jobi Murph...more
Destiny Dawn Long
You can view my full review at my blog:

Muddled-Up Farm begins with a promising start. With vibrantly colored illustrations, rhyming text, and silly premise, it drew me into the zany world of Muddled-Up Farm. The big problem was that when I got to the last page I was left wondering “where’s the rest of the book?”

...

For what it was, it was fun–but it definitely came across as incomplete. All other criticisms aside, it’s hard to like a book when it’s missing...more
Dena (Batch of Books)
This brightly colored picture book will catch the attention of young children. It is a silly story about a farm where the ducks moo and cats eat straw. I read this to my kids and they laughed at all the animals saying and doing the wrong things. They especially loved the end when the farm inspector stars to quack. This is a cute story that young children will love.

My blog: Books for Kids
Beatnik  Mary
In response to Goodreads' new user policy, I have decided to no longer post reviews on this site. Instead you can read my review on my blog, Cozy Little Book Journal, or follow the link above.
Sue Poduska
What does the cat say? Well, on this farm, it says “moo.” When the farm inspector tries to straighten out the animals, he falls victim to the craziness himself. This hilarious and very readable book was first published in Australia and is due to premiere in the states.
Paula
The illustrations are colorful and kid like. I like the idea of the farm animals mixing up their sounds, but felt the book fell a little flat. It was "ok," but didn't seem to grab and pull me.
Carol
Colorful pictures and a silly story that will entertain some children.There are several picture books out there with mixed up animals, this is not my favorite one.
Gary Masskin
Gary Masskin marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Jean Wiens
Jean Wiens marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013
Sue
Sue added it
May 04, 2013
Mike Dumbleton is a writer and Literacy Consultant. He has worked in South Australian High Schools, New York City Schools and as a Literacy Curriculum Officer for the South Australian Education Department. In addition to children’s books, he has written a range of educational texts.

Part of his interest in writing stems from the fact that his grandfather was a local poet in an Oxfordshire village i...more
More about Mike Dumbleton...
Cat Dial-a-Croc Watch Out for Jamie Joel Passing On Downsized