How Do You Say Good Night?

How Do You Say Good Night?

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  14 reviews
There are so many ways to say good night. Pups say it with a stretch and a yawn. Piglets say it with a kiss and a sigh. Lambs say it with a cuddle and a hug. But no matter how many different ways the animals in this snuggly bedtime book say good night, they all have one thing in common: They say it with love. How do you say good night?
Published May 20th 2008 by HarperCollins (first published May 15th 2008)

The Library Lady
After (ack) almost a quarter of a century of books with anthropomorphized animals, I have really had my fill, and I'd rather have had real animals without clothing.

But I'll let that pass here. The illustrations ARE sweet and the text reminds me of Nancy Carlson's "Jesse Bear" series--perfectly pitched. An excellent debut from author and artist.
Destiny Dawn Long
It's a nice little bedtime story. Pretty typical for the genre--sweetly painted illustrations and rhyming text full of snuggles and hugs and kisses and tuck-ins. It's cute, makes for a good bedtime read on nights when I'm tired and indecisive, but not really a favorite.

My daughter seems to feel similarly.
Irina
This is a cute bedtime story about how different animals say good night. It is perfect for reading right before a little one drifts off to sleep. The rhyme is so melodic...
Paula
A wonderful goodnight book with different animals who say goodnight. The illustrations are nice and bright for bedtime book. It could even be acted out by the kids
Denise
This is a great book for storytime. The repetivite, rhyming text is soothing, perfect for a bedtime story. The illustrations are bright but soft and soothing too.
Pretty cute little bedtime book. Very reminiscent of "Time for Bed" by Mem Fox. The illustrations are what really set this one apart.
Marisa
Simple and sweet -- different animals say good night with their own personal rituals. Endearing, soft illustrations.
Allison
Cute without being Cutsey! Love it! Especially the part where the duck goes to bed "squeaky clean!"
Dana
Soothing rhyming patterns. Great bedtime book. Definitely will check out again from the library.
Rachael
This would be a great book for a bedtime storytime!
Julie
very sweet, soothing, simple rhyming text.
John
Dec 29, 2008 John added it
Great illustrations for a sweet book
Tina
Tracey
Tracey added it
Feb 06, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Naz
Naz marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2013
The Tall Book of Nursery Tales Easter Basket Surprise! Good Boy!: Meet the Dogs Robots: Build a Bot The Velveteen Rabbit