The Unkindest Cut (A Bridge Club Mystery, #2)

The Unkindest Cut (Bridge Club Mystery #2)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Emma Diamond, a recent widow with a passion for bridge, takes a retreat to the Texas Hill Country with her friends. The trip proves to be quite a thrilling spectacle in ways they never anticipated�because it�s also playing host to two battling bridge instructors. These professional contenders are infamous enemies� and only one will survive the weekend...
Published June 3rd 2008 by Obsidian

Fanficfan44
Just finished this book, the second, and unfortunately to the best of my knowledge the last in the A Bridge Club Mystery series. I loved the Bridge theme. I used to play years ago and this was so much fun to “play” vicariously with Emma and her friends.

The series premise is a widow moves to a new home to be closer to her best friend for support and gets involved in a local bridge club. Through her activities with the club she stumbles on murders which she solves. The character of Emma is very be...more
Susan Frank
What a lot of fun! I was worried I might not like it but no worry! The characters were people I would love to be friends with and the story moved along at a good pace. Unusual and enjoyable I would suggest it to anyone! I've read both and can't wait for there to be another in this series!
Susan
Widowed Emma and her friends Marylou and Sophie go to a country hotel to attend a bridge week. Marylou's friend Paula has convinced her to attend, to give moral support as Paula breaks up with her husband and goes back to her first husband. But when her current husband is found dead, there are so many suspects that the police can't even concentrate on Paula--there's his first wife, his son, Paula's first husband, the nasty receptionist at the hotel, and almost anyone else who has encountered him...more
Dana Gill-Brown
Loved the lates in the series and cannot wait to read more. Emma is a great heroine and the authour has placed her in one of my facvorite places HOUSTON! I love this series and cannot wait for more.
Marty
pretty good but not as good as the books he writes under his other names. The Wanda Nell Culpepper books under his psuedonym Jimmie Ruth Evans are better.
Sandybear76
another hobby mystery book. 3 friends travel to a bridge retreat in Texas. One of the famous bridge teachers is found dead in his hotel room.
Andrea
This book was good, but I think all the bridge talk was a bit much for me. The mystery was good though. I'd maybe give it a 3.5 if I could.
Meg
Jan 13, 2009 Meg added it
Shelves: mystery
2nd book by this author, enjoy the topic. Not very good bridge book
Trang
Trang marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Dipak
Dipak marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Debbie Karimullah
Debbie Karimullah marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Krystle Kouture
Krystle Kouture marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Crystal Ladd
Crystal Ladd marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Minnism
Minnism marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Ryan
Ryan added it
Dec 14, 2013
David Calderwood
David Calderwood marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Jude
Jude marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Honor Hartman is the pseudonym for a mystery author who has lived in Houston, Texas for over twenty-five years, has two cats and thousands of books, and plays bridge as often as possible.

Series:
* Bridge Club Mystery

Also writes as Dean James, Jimmie Ruth Evans, and Miranda James
More about Honor Hartman...
On The Slam: A Bridge Club Mystery The Unkindest Cut