Start by marking “The Wartville Wizard” as Want to Read:
The Wartville Wizard

The Wartville Wizard

Wartville is being buried in trash! There are soda bottles under the flowers, juice cans by the mailbox, and newspapers along the road. Every day the piles grow higher and higher.
Then one tidy old man realizes he has the power to get rid of all the trash forever. Wartville will finally be cleaned up once and for all!
Published March 31st 1993 by Aladdin (first published September 30th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Wartville Wizard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wartville Wizard

amelia
Aug 22, 2007 amelia rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the best explanations for why I am what I am. And yes, it is about garbage.
Lauren Innes
"The people of Wartville are a bunch of slobs," or so says the old man inhabitant of the town who spends his days picking up the trash his fellow citizens have carelessly tossed practically anywhere but where it should have been. One day, the old man decides he has had enough of his trash-cleaning ritual, and begins telling the trash he finds to "return to its owner," that is, the individual responsible for throwing it down on the ground. Before long, the Wartville hospital is swarming with ...more
Adam Burton
Jul 25, 2008 Adam Burton rated it really liked it
Great story about a wizard who gets tired of litterbugs trashing his lawn, so he creates a spell where the trash gets stuck to those who threw it away. I especially love his cry of "Slobs!" as he angrily cleans up his lawn.
Michaela
Nov 22, 2011 Michaela rated it it was ok
Shelves: science, respect
Great book when teaching students how to reduce trash and recycle. Also would be awesome to use when talking about respecting the environment.
Justin
Jan 23, 2016 Justin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: environment
The guy in the seat in front of mine took a last swig out of his plastic water bottle, checked to make sure it was empty, screwed the cap back on, casually leaned over and threw it out of the window. That done he settled back to enjoy the journey home. I opened my mouth, nothing came out. Again I tried but I ended up sighing and looking out the same window, as if I could suck the bottle back in and take it to a trashcan.

I learned my lesson a few years ago when on a longer journey mine was the on
Chelsea Smith
Apr 04, 2016 Chelsea Smith rated it really liked it
This story is rather lengthy, but great for read aloud and entertaining upper elementary aged students. Follow the Wizard of Wartville as we teaches the townspeople the importance of taking care of the environment.
Angela
Apr 24, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to teach about taking care of the environment. It will cover the pollution aspect of 2nd grade very well. It also make you think about making the right choice. It has a be careful what you wish for theme as well.
Emily Graham
This is a great story to use as a readers' theatre to do with students. It is humorous and would engage the class and it also teaches the importance of recycling and picking up trash.
Mrs. Bond
Mrs. Bond rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2011
Melinda M Preston
Melinda M Preston rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Lela
Lela rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2012
Ana Grubac  (LibrariAna)
Ana Grubac (LibrariAna) rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Shawna
Shawna rated it really liked it
May 23, 2010
Bethany Nolan
Bethany Nolan rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2010
Kanal Boo
Kanal Boo rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2008
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2010
TiffanyFlory
TiffanyFlory rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Jadian Robinson
Jadian Robinson rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Tam Newell
Tam Newell rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2013
Chris Gevara
Chris Gevara rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Danae
Danae rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2010
Carol Revelle
Carol Revelle rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2011
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2014
Mildred Harris
Mildred Harris rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Nina Cuetlach
Nina Cuetlach rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2014