Start by marking “The Wartville Wizard” as Want to Read:
The Wartville Wizard

The Wartville Wizard

Wartville is being buried in trash! There are soda bottles under the flowers, juice cans by the mailbox, and newspapers along the road. Every day the piles grow higher and higher.
Then one tidy old man realizes he has the power to get rid of all the trash forever. Wartville will finally be cleaned up once and for all!
Published March 31st 1993 by Aladdin (first published September 30th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Wartville Wizard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wartville Wizard

amelia
Aug 22, 2007 amelia rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the best explanations for why I am what I am. And yes, it is about garbage.
Lauren Innes
"The people of Wartville are a bunch of slobs," or so says the old man inhabitant of the town who spends his days picking up the trash his fellow citizens have carelessly tossed practically anywhere but where it should have been. One day, the old man decides he has had enough of his trash-cleaning ritual, and begins telling the trash he finds to "return to its owner," that is, the individual responsible for throwing it down on the ground. Before long, the Wartville hospital is swarming with peop ...more
Justin
Jan 23, 2016 Justin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: environment
The guy in the seat in front of mine took a last swig out of his plastic water bottle, checked to make sure it was empty, screwed the cap back on, casually leaned over and threw it out of the window. That done he settled back to enjoy the journey home. I opened my mouth, nothing came out. Again I tried but I ended up sighing and looking out the same window, as if I could suck the bottle back in and take it to a trashcan.

I learned my lesson a few years ago when on a longer journey mine was the on
Adam Burton
Jul 25, 2008 Adam Burton rated it really liked it
Great story about a wizard who gets tired of litterbugs trashing his lawn, so he creates a spell where the trash gets stuck to those who threw it away. I especially love his cry of "Slobs!" as he angrily cleans up his lawn.
Michaela
Nov 22, 2011 Michaela rated it it was ok
Shelves: science, respect
Great book when teaching students how to reduce trash and recycle. Also would be awesome to use when talking about respecting the environment.
Chelsea Smith
Apr 04, 2016 Chelsea Smith rated it really liked it
This story is rather lengthy, but great for read aloud and entertaining upper elementary aged students. Follow the Wizard of Wartville as we teaches the townspeople the importance of taking care of the environment.
Buffie
Jan 10, 2015 Buffie added it
Fantasy - 1st grade lesson
Angela
Apr 24, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to teach about taking care of the environment. It will cover the pollution aspect of 2nd grade very well. It also make you think about making the right choice. It has a be careful what you wish for theme as well.
Emily Graham
This is a great story to use as a readers' theatre to do with students. It is humorous and would engage the class and it also teaches the importance of recycling and picking up trash.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Carl Klassen
Carl Klassen rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Aseel Saifi
Aseel Saifi marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Room 7
Room 7 added it
Apr 28, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Anam
Anam is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2016
C
C marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Karah
Karah added it
Apr 11, 2016
Vera Medel
Vera Medel marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Elin Goodwin
Elin Goodwin rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2016
Shanin
Shanin added it
Feb 25, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
April Morrison
April Morrison marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Mildred Harris
Mildred Harris rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015