Bound In Blood: The Erotic Journey of a Vampire

Bound In Blood: The Erotic Journey of a Vampire

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  8 reviews
For the many fans of Ulysses Dietz's gay vampire novel, Desmond, comes David Thomas Lord's "Bound in Blood", a tale of the erotic journey of a young, hip vampire from the streets of New York City, a journey that takes him to nineteenth-century Paris, Victorian London, and back to the very edge of pleasure.By all appearances, Jean-Luc "Jack" Courbet has the perfect life. Hi...more
Published May 1st 2001 by Kensington

Christy Stewart
I ordered this used and the seller didn't have it in stock so they sent me 2 packets of flower seeds instead.

I eventually got the book.

If the story is good, I have no idea because the writing is so bad I couldn't make it very far. It's written as if the authors internal mantra was "I AM A WRITER!"
Dark Recesses
BOUND IN BLOOD by David Thomas Lord
(Kensington Books- 2001)
Review by Nickolas Cook
04/16/06
From back cover teaser:
By all appearances, Jean-Luc “Jack” Courbet has the perfect life. His art critiques appear regularly in The New York Times. His Greenwich Village apartment is filled with tasteful antiques. And his finely chiseled face and body make him an object of longing for the men he meets in clubs and bars—men who satisfy his dual need for pleasure and cruel pain. But beneath the glittering soci...more
Samuel
in my opinion Bound In Blood, was repetitive and the author was sub par. It was the same thing chapter after chapter. Scout, chase, entice, have sex, kill/eat. The story line which runs through the book is not worth the having to read through the filler. And the ending was horribly anti climatic. after the first few vividly described characters were drained It was Dull all the way through.
Aaron
Seems to be written more as cheap smut rather than an attempt at an interesting story about a vampire. Each chapter is just a hunt for a date leading to death.
Zach
I've tried to read it twice now and each time I just can't read it. It's just over the top and not in a good way. It seems to me the author is simply trying to hard.
Jared Mann
Yes ok it was a Bad book but it was a good/bad book you know. So bad its good LOL :) I enjoyed it and I didn't use my brain once :)
Ronald
A rattling good yarn, a very easy read.
Ronnel
sexy but not enough!
Yue Hargreaves
Yue Hargreaves marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Trudi Dixon
Trudi Dixon marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Gosia
Gosia marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Lesley Cauchie
Lesley Cauchie marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Stefan Jung
Stefan Jung marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Connor
Connor marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Tanya Bannwart
Tanya Bannwart marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Angelic- Demon
Angelic- Demon marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Erik Manning
Erik Manning marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Mc
Mc marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bound In Flesh Triptych of Terror: Three Chilling Tales by the Masters of Gay Horror Like a Chinese Tattoo Like A Chinese Tattoo