Start by marking “Taking Stock” as Want to Read:
Taking Stock

Taking Stock

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Tiny magnetic dots locked deep in Boston's financial district hold the keys to $44 billion. The massive fortune is spread among seventy-five thousand customers and only the computers know exactly how the shares are divided at any given time. Millions are spent to keep the systems safe in their temperature controlled room and keep Internet-based hackers at bay. No one knows ...more
Published April 30th 2007 by 22 West Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Taking Stock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Stock

Sheri
Taking stock is a suspenseful read. In a family owned corporation, money is being taken from customers accounts. One woman (Sarah) tries to find the culprit, while another (Erica) is being set up to take the fall. Will Erica be able to clear herself, or will she end up dead. C.J. West shows what happens when greed and envy turns to dishonesty and murder. An all night read.
Dorothy
Millions of dollars are being stolen from a large Boston Brokerage Firm and the culprits are trying to blame Ericka.
The story grabs you from the beginning and you try to guess the bad guy. Even when you find out the culprit you still must go through the twists and turns that still keep you guessing.
I enjoyed this book and appreciate finding out how the money got in the wall in the book Sins and Venegeance.
Georgiann Hennelly
Taking stock is an all night read very suspenseful. In a family owned company,. money is being taken from customers accounts.One women Sarah is trying to find the culprit.While Erica is being set up to take the fall. Will she be able to clear herself or will she end up dead! This suspenseful fiction plunges you into the greedy fincial world where people in power have no shame and no remorse.
Toni Osborne
This suspenseful fiction plunges the reader into the greedy financial world where people in power have no shame and no remorse embezzling money. If you are attracted by stories in today’s press of high-stakes thievery, fraud and corruption you will enjoy reading “Taking Stock”.

I was hooked right from the start, glued to every word and totally captivated by the development. This page turner was very hard to put aside. In a few words this is the tale of Erica Fletcher, a computer whiz whose job is
Sandra
I am often hesitant when a friend writes a book. If I love it great, if not oh oh, how diplomatic do I have to be. Taking Stock pleasantly surprised me. This book was a definite departure from the genres that usually captivate me. Taking Stock was a joy to read. This book was fast paced and had a well-defined plot. It had characters you loved to hate and characters who you were thrilled to cheer on in the quest for truth. I loved this book but I gave it a four because of the ending. CJ tied the ...more
Kelly
This is such a good book! Customers are losing money in a family owned stock firm and the person all the evidence points to is completely innocent and is herself trying to solve the puzzle before she ends up dead! I couldn't put this book down!
Mark Fallon
Great book about thieves in a Boston fund company using a computer program to skim 100's of millions of dollars out of accounts. If you're from (or love) Boston, you'll also enjoy the detailed descriptions of the financial district.
Pammy A
This was a great book- I really enjoy CJ's works. Lots of intrigue and plot twists to keep one guessing. Definitely recommend!
Nikki
I didn't expect to enjoy this book, but I really did. A little predictable, but a good read.
Carol
Loved this one, by far my favorite. I liked the plot, characters and how it read.
Kate
It's a prequel...a little slow at times. Sin & Vengeance, the next one is much better.
Carol/Bonadie
Feb 16, 2009 Carol/Bonadie marked it as to-read
heard about on Dale and Holley on WEEI
Robert A.
Good book - enjoyable read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Debie Orrell
Debie Orrell marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Sonya L Moore
Sonya L Moore marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Cory
Cory marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Hhkk Jui
Hhkk Jui marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Jessyca
Jessyca marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Melissa Kitano
Melissa Kitano marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Deborah Clark
Deborah Clark marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Terminal Ambition, A Maggie Mahoney Novel
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Implicated
  • The Governor's Sons
  • Wearing the Spider
  • Not To Us
  • The Venus Fix (Butterfield Institute, #3)
  • Shades of Gray
  • The House
  • The Skye in June
  • The Butterfly Legacy
  • Conspiracy of Silence
  • Beyond the Storm (Quilts of Love #1)
  • Buying Time (Angela Evans #1)
  • Second Chances
  • Ace of Hearts (DECK of CARDZ, #1)
  • Swag
CJ West writes thrillers set in New England. CJ has just launched his 7th novel, Dinner At Deadman's, a mystery set in the world of antiques and collectibles.

Vist CJ anytime on Facebook.

CJ's first Randy Black Thriller, Sin & Vengeance, was optioned for film.

A Demon Awaits, the second book in CJ's Randy Black series was published in October 2008. The series takes a surprising turn and readers a
More about C.J. West...
The End of Marking Time Sin and Vengeance Addicted to Love A Demon Awaits Dinner at Deadman's